Anime Tattoos..
28214 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Pensylvania
Offline
Posted 7/4/11 , edited 7/5/11
Being new here on crunchyroll I thought to myself "what better way to break the ice than with an anime tattoo!"..... Now before you all tell me how ridiculous it is to have anime permenantly on your body, you need to bear in mind I am a tattoo artist.... I probably wouldnt be sporting these otherwise.... Not that they wouldn't prove to me to be the same sources of inspiration or stength, it is simply a matter of seeing tattoos a bit differently after working in the industry for awhile.... That and also note these are not my only tattoos...... I also wear some gaming tats as well but that is entirely different post.....


So here are mine..........

Now show me yours!! Come on.... I know a few of you out there have em'.


By the way, for anyone who isn't aware.... That is the illustrative work of Yoshitoshi Abe, specifically his renderrings of Lain and Ain..... In addition I have a other illustrations of his on my upper arm in the works making it an Abe tribute sleeve of sorts....

And for those who care.... I discoverred Abe and his beautiful renderrings a number of years back when I chose to get sober and get into tattooing.......... things worked out...... Abes work remains a source of joy and inspiration to me. Nuf' said.
76149 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M
Offline
Posted 7/4/11
Nice tats I have none myself but I enjoy seeing others.
78167 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Japan
Offline
Posted 7/5/11

Klyde_Chroma wrote:

By the way, for anyone who isn't aware.... That is the illustrative work of Yoshitoshi Abe, specifically his renderrings of Lain and Ain..... In addition I have a other illustrations of his on my upper arm in the works making it an Abe tribute sleeve of sorts....

And for those who care.... I discoverred Abe and his beautiful renderrings a number of years back when I chose to get sober and get into tattooing.......... things worked out...... Abes work remains a source of joy and inspiration to me. Nuf' said.


First, no double posting mate. ;)

Second, you got Abe's style dead on. In fact, I was able to spot it right away. Although I'm probably not one to commend you on permanently burning his works on your body (because I find that a little extreme), so long as you really love what you do, then I can't hate on you for it. :)

I'm most familiar with Abe's "Wasteland" works as part of Murata's ROBOT compilations. Now if you had a Murata tatoo hidden somewhere there, that may make me think otherwise about having one on your body, haha!
The Wise Wizard
100945 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 7/5/11

Klyde_Chroma wrote:

Being new here on crunchyroll I thought to myself "what better way to break the ice than with an anime tattoo!".....

I hate to break it to you, but this topic is a duplicate of a rather old and well established one:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-265116/anime-tattoo?pg=0

28214 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Pensylvania
Offline
Posted 7/5/11
Sorry about the double posting (not sure how that happenned...) and additionally sorry about the duplicate thread.... I read through alot of forum posts here on CR but apparently missed that.... Please forgive these transgressions......... I'm sorry if I mess up a time or two in the forums in regard to communication.... This is rather new to me
78167 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Japan
Offline
Posted 7/5/11

Klyde_Chroma wrote:

Sorry about the double posting (not sure how that happenned...) and additionally sorry about the duplicate thread.... I read through alot of forum posts here on CR but apparently missed that.... Please forgive these transgressions......... I'm sorry if I mess up a time or two in the forums in regard to communication.... This is rather new to me


No worries. The search function here is crap, anyway. Always has and always will be, I believe. Plus, with the number of threads - it's anyone's guess that something had been made in the past. D:
28214 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Pensylvania
Offline
Posted 7/5/11

edsamac wrote:


Klyde_Chroma wrote:

Sorry about the double posting (not sure how that happenned...) and additionally sorry about the duplicate thread.... I read through alot of forum posts here on CR but apparently missed that.... Please forgive these transgressions......... I'm sorry if I mess up a time or two in the forums in regard to communication.... This is rather new to me


No worries. The search function here is crap, anyway. Always has and always will be, I believe. Plus, with the number of threads - it's anyone's guess that something had been made in the past. D:


Your kindness and understanding in this regard is highly appreciated.... nothing worse then joing a new web community, posting, and then getting bashed for not knowing whats been going on for the last "x" amount of months or years.... True story... happened to me in the past.... forum Nazi's out there I tell ya!! Heh..... But in truth I just wanted to express my gratitude for you taking the time to be kind :)

........... As for anyone else reading this..... come on where are the tattoos guys? Is my 2nd generation tattoo thread not getting attention cause its the 2nd generation.....? I wonder.....

17344 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Crapsack World
Offline
Posted 7/5/11
Don't be surprised, most CR users belongs to an age group of 12-18... I don't think that they are in any position to have a tattoo.
15746 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / 昼寝の王国
Offline
Posted 7/5/11

Maou068 wrote:

Don't be surprised, most CR users belongs to an age group of 12-18... I don't think that they are in any position to have a tattoo.


That's really not the case. It's just that the majority of the forum users are in that age range. I can't find it anymore, but I've seen a nice pie chart of the age ranges of the site users here, and there are A LOT more older people than you would expect.
17344 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Crapsack World
Offline
Posted 7/5/11

ChronicAddict wrote:


Maou068 wrote:

Don't be surprised, most CR users belongs to an age group of 12-18... I don't think that they are in any position to have a tattoo.


That's really not the case. It's just that the majority of the forum users are in that age range. I can't find it anymore, but I've seen a nice pie chart of the age ranges of the site users here, and there are A LOT more older people than you would expect.


I have no idea about CR's current demography other than the things that I've observe on the forum. I think I've seen that sort of pie chart before but that was about 2-3 years ago.

You must be logged in to post.