First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
No. 6
828 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Houston,Texas,U.S.A
Offline
Posted 7/23/11
small hints of boy love equals me most likely trying to watch it even though anime like these don't appeal to me.
I'm more of a bloody, psychological, I'm a fucking bad-ass who can kill you with the flick of my finger type of anime.
anime more on the peaceful anime like this isn't my forte. Oh, fine I'll try it.
Posted 8/2/11

Tanrim wrote:

Not really getting the boy's love thing people are talking about. They're 12 years old, seemed innocent enough to me. Episode 2 seems to leap forward 4 years so if they still act like that at 16 there might be a reason to question it then.

Anyway, thought the first episode was great. The city looked amazing. Best new show of the season, in my opinion.


I agree with you!

I read the comments before watching the episode and on the first episode many people were freaking out because they "hold" hands but when I watched the episode there was no romantic feelings between them and the "holding" hands part wasn't even like they were all lovey dovey, it was just a touch and I couldn't believe that people were so disgusted/perturbed by that part.

I've seen all 4 episodes and I love it so far!
54331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 8/2/11

kirika202 wrote:

I agree with you!

I read the comments before watching the episode and on the first episode many people were freaking out because they "hold" hands but when I watched the episode there was no romantic feelings between them and the "holding" hands part wasn't even like they were all lovey dovey, it was just a touch and I couldn't believe that people were so disgusted/perturbed by that part.

I've seen all 4 episodes and I love it so far!


There are clearly hints of BL.



You tried though.
Posted 8/2/11
sorry but I still don't see the BL hints. Maybe because I had a very close friendship like that, we would hold hands and all. No romantic feelings whatsoever and we are both straight, she has a boyfriend and so on. i don't see the romance in that picture just because they're holding hands. try harder.
Posted 8/2/11 , edited 8/2/11
You're the kind of person who would say that this anime: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8cMBkSXkAs&feature=autoplay&list=FLffU9C9bWRD8&index=15&playnext=14 is yaoi, but it is true friendship, a story written by a very good writer. The anime has many stories and that's just one of them. No yaoi, no BL hints, just friendship...not everything has to have a romantic or sexual meaning...I'd say this is more like emotional...just a simple amazing story of 2 episodes with very human, and simple yet amazing characters. Too bad that people like you won't appreciate it because you would be sick by the horrible "BL" hints.
54331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 8/2/11

kirika202 wrote:

sorry but I still don't see the BL hints. Maybe because I had a very close friendship like that, we would hold hands and all. No romantic feelings whatsoever and we are both straight, she has a boyfriend and so on.


Girls holding hand = okay.
Guys holding hands = not okay.


i don't see the romance in that picture just because they're holding hands.

Yeah keep telling yourself that. Boys don't normally hold hands. Well unless they're



kirika202 wrote:

You're the kind of person who would say that this anime: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8cMBkSXkAs&feature=autoplay&list=FLffU9C9bWRD8&index=15&playnext=14 is yaoi, but it is true friendship, a story written by a very good writer. The anime has many stories and that's just one of them. No yaoi, BL hints.....


Umm.. No. Do you know me? You judge me because of that one post I made?



Please...
54331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 8/2/11

kirika202 wrote:
Too bad that people like you won't appreciate it because you would be sick by the horrible "BL" hints.


So you finally acknowledging that those shows have some hints of BL? My work here is done.





Posted 8/2/11 , edited 8/2/11
I put BL in quotes ie "BL", which means all the contrary or that it is not true, depending on the expression.............and I just made an assumption based on your opinion of the anime No6 in which you classify the holding hands part as Boy love or gay romance, and the link I gave you has just that: the guys touch their faces and hands and even hold hands in one of the scenes while crying. It is even deeper so I guess you would get even sicker by it. (and I'd like to clarify something in case you don't get the sarcasm...again...no, I don't think that those shows have BL hints. Boy love=guys in love with guys...I just made my point clear so I'm done )
54331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 8/2/11 , edited 8/3/11

kirika202 wrote:

I put BL in quotes ie "BL", which means all the contrary or that it is not true, depending on the expression.............and I just made an assumption based on your opinion of the anime No6 in which you classify the holding hands part as Boy love or gay romance, and the link I gave you has just that: the guys touch their faces and hands and even hold hands in one of the scenes while crying. It is even deeper so I guess you would get even sicker by it. (and I'd like to clarify something in case you don't get the sarcasm...again...no, . Boy love=guys in love with guys...I just made my point clear so I'm done )


You gotta take some lessons, sis. I put "hints" there for a reason, just a slight indication of BL. Holding hands is one of them. I wasn't exactly saying the anime was classified as yaoi, I was just saying it was showing some hints and that I'm starting to get sick of it. Who wouldn't? A lot of shows I watch hint that kinda thing.


I don't think that those shows have BL hints

I don't know about Aoi Bungaku, 'cause I haven't seen it, but please girl... No. 6 showed plenty of it already.



And lookie here:

Well Kino Hinoki IS a shounen-ai doujinka. Even if this manga turn out to be a non-shounen-ai I bet we'll find a little hint featuring shounen-ai here and there.


Kino Hinoki is just the artist for this manga, not the author so shounen-ai might be visible in some subtle ways but I don't think it will turn out to be shounen-ai. I hope it won't, though. For once, I'd like to see a shounen manga without any shounen-ai undertones in it and this story has great potential. I mean, what's wrong with plain friendship between guys? It's like it's impossible nowadays



Bye.
47300 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / New Orleans
Offline
Posted 8/2/11
I really like the story in this anime, buy I'm just 1 long loving look into each others eyes away from giving it up.
Posted 8/2/11 , edited 8/3/11

chrome_mist wrote:



Why do you use those pictures? do you like to drink a lot? lol I might copy you and start using avatars or gifs to get my point across...looks funny.

Anyways, BL hints for me is that the anime/manga might have a chance to become that, BL ...because of the hints....otherwise, I'd call it slash(no romantic feelings but the girls would like to see it that way).

The reason why i don't see BL hints here is because I'm used to watch animes with friendship themes, such as the legend of the galactic heroes, gungrave etc so this anime is no different for me. Plus i read the Bible and you would be surprise by the relationship between David and Jonathan, with that thinking of yours you would even say that they were both gay.....obviously they were not, this is the kind of friendship or love God gives to His people, David and Jonathan were blessed with a beautiful friendship and love since the day they laid eyes on one another (this is what it says in the Bible) it is true friendship, a blessing from God... no romantic feelings(since homosexuality is a sin), they both had wives (especially David...he had many women) but when Jonathan dies, David wrote a song or letter and he said to Jonathan "I grieve for you, my brother Jonathan; ... How wonderful was your love for me, / better even than the love of women."

Nowadays people get afraid (at least guys) to give a hug to another guy or touch them because they are immediately labeled as gay, or that might be gay (BL hints) and that's wrong, the ones who are sure of their sexuality won't hesitate to hug or love another guy as a friend. I won't see BL hints until I see blushing from both of them (since that's how Japanese people try to indicate that the characters like each other in a romantic way). A simple touch or hug means nothing to me (romantically speaking).



Well Kino Hinoki IS a shounen-ai doujinka. Even if this manga turn out to be a non-shounen-ai I bet we'll find a little hint featuring shounen-ai here and there.


Do you know the mangaka Kaori Yuki? oh no, Yuu Watase is even better! do you know her? they are both shoujo mangakas and they both created a yaoi manga.

Yuu Watase is considered as the Queen of shoujo and it was a huge surprise for many people when they found out that she made a yaoi manga. A real yaoi manga...you know, with plenty of hardcore sex and everything (really hardcore yaoi!!!) with no hints of shoujo. I actually love her manga more than many yaoi made by original yaoi mangakas.....anyways, just because No6 is made by a shounen ai doujinka, it doesn't mean that the anime itself will be one or has the right to be a BL teaser. Another yaoi/shounen ai mangaka is Yana Toboso but her manga "kuroshitsuji" is not yaoi. Or Odagiri Hotaru, a famous shounen ai artist but her anime Uraboku is not shounen ai (well, i admit that this one has BL hints and I'm hoping it turns out shounen ai later on since I'm reading the manga and it shows BL hints).

I'm tired and we're just going in circles. Let's see if future episodes show real BL hints. *crosses fingers* but I doubt it since I'm reading the novel translations and have seen nothing...so far.

Bye bye


Posted 8/2/11
Gah, I'm trying to enjoy the show... But the yaoi hinting and indications is too much for me. Yes, there was character development this episode but gosh, I am so turn offed (pun unintended) by the yaoi hinting. Not that there's anything wrong with yaoi, I just can't handle it well, and it makes me shudder. I guess I'm just not open minded enough but I CAN'T HANDLE THIS@@@@. On another note... Lets see more of government in NO. 6 please, I want to see the story develop faster and I don't really care for the characters.
54331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 8/2/11

kirika202 wrote:



Anyways, BL hints for me is that the anime/manga might have a chance to become that, BL ...because of the hints....otherwise, I'd call it slash(no romantic feelings but the girls would like to see it that way).

The reason why i don't see BL hints here is because I'm used to watch animes with friendship themes, such as the legend of the galactic heroes, gungrave etc so this anime is no different for me. Plus i read the Bible and you would be surprise by the relationship between David and Jonathan, with that thinking of yours you would even say that they were both gay.....obviously they were not, this is the kind of friendship or love God gives to His people, David and Jonathan were blessed with a beautiful friendship and love since the day they laid eyes on one another (this is what it says in the Bible) it is true friendship, a blessing from God... no romantic feelings(since homosexuality is a sin), they both had wives (especially David...he had many women) but when Jonathan dies, David wrote a song or letter and he said to Jonathan "I grieve for you, my brother Jonathan; ... How wonderful was your love for me, / better even than the love of women."

Nowadays people get afraid (at least guys) to give a hug to another guy or touch them because they are immediately labeled as gay, or that might be gay (BL hints) and that's wrong, the ones who are sure of their sexuality won't hesitate to hug or love another guy as a friend. I won't see BL hints until I see blushing from both of them (since that's how Japanese people try to indicate that the characters like each other in a romantic way). A simple touch or hug means nothing to me (romantically speaking).


Shit just got serious. I don't even know how this turned out to be about the bible. LOL All I'm saying is this show gives gay vibes. I have nothing against the show itself, just the cliche "friendship thing you're going on about, which I think is BL.".


Do you know the mangaka Kaori Yuki? oh no, Yuu Watase is even better! do you know her? they are both shoujo mangakas and they both created a yaoi manga.

Yuu Watase is considered as the Queen of shoujo and it was a huge surprise for many people when they found out that she made a yaoi manga. A real yaoi manga...you know, with plenty of hardcore sex and everything (really hardcore yaoi!!!) with no hints of shoujo. I actually love her manga more than many yaoi made by original yaoi mangakas.....anyways, just because No6 is made by a shounen ai doujinka, it doesn't mean that the anime itself will be one or has the right to be a BL teaser. Another yaoi/shounen ai mangaka is Yana Toboso but her manga "kuroshitsuji" is not yaoi. Or Odagiri Hotaru, a famous shounen ai artist but her anime Uraboku is not shounen ai (well, i admit that this one has BL hints and I'm hoping it turns out shounen ai later on since I'm reading the manga and it shows BL hints).


LOL @ the irrelevant comparison. You obviously didn't read it properly. Try again:


Well Kino Hinoki IS a shounen-ai doujinka. Even if this manga turn out to be a non-shounen-ai I bet we'll find a little hint featuring shounen-ai here and there.

When did I say No. 6 was a yaoi manga/anime? And wtf @ Kuroshitsuji.


I'm tired and we're just going in circles. Let's see if future episodes show real BL hints. *crosses fingers* but I doubt it since I'm reading the novel translations and have seen nothing...so far.

Bye bye




Yeah talking to you is pretty tiring. I'll wait for future episodes then. Although I think a lot of people have already seen enough to conclude that this show really does hint BL. You take care now.



Posted 8/2/11 , edited 8/2/11


I read it well, and i still think that the statement you quoted is trying to say that this anime could have BL hints because the mangaka is a shounen ai doujinka, I only stated that those were shoujo mangakas and they were able to create yaoi manga just a yaoi mangaka is able to create shoujo or non-yaoi/shounen ai stories. in other words, it doesn't matter if she was a shoune ai doujinska. what's so irrelevant about it?

I have not seen the kuroshitsuji anime but the manga is not shounen ai. I used the Bible part as example of what you would call "gay vipes" when there's none. People want to explain something they don't understand so they form a stereotype based on what little knowledge they have of the subject or a related subject. Lol, yeah, that's the joke isn't it? We're all raised by a society that preaches that you don't want to stand out. "Speak not and be thought a fool, than open your mouth and remove all doubt"

And i don't care if many people think the same as you, "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." at least the guy above was honest.

Now this really tired me out, and speaking a lot about "BL hints" makes me want to read yaoi, reading Border now!
54331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 8/2/11


People want to explain something they don't understand so they form a stereotype based on what little knowledge they have of the subject or a related subject.


Yeah. Like you. You keep deluding yourself that No. 6 doesn't show BL hints and keep using irrelevant things to back you up. Bible, shoujo artists and now sayings? LOL. Those don't prove you're right. Writing a long paragraph doesn't make your argument any more credible.


We're all raised by a society that preaches that you don't want to stand out. "Speak not and be thought a fool, than open your mouth and remove all doubt"


Now this, seriously, girl, you think and judge way too much.


I have not seen the kuroshitsuji anime but the manga is not shounen ai. I used the Bible part as example of what you would call "gay vipes" when there's none. Lol, yeah, that's the joke isn't it?

I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall.


And i don't care if many people think the same as you, "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." at least the guy above was honest.

Oh I'm being honest. And I'm sure a lot of people are too. A lot of us think this shows BL and you will deal. That simple.


Now this really tired me out, and speaking a lot about "BL hints" makes me want to read yaoi, reading Border now!


Yeah. You've been going off-topic all this time, wouldn't surprise me if you get tired. Get some rest boo. I will too. And fix your gaydar while you're at it.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.