First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
Japanese Whaling
3264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 1/16/08 , edited 4/18/08

smil3es wrote:


izickree wrote:


smil3es wrote:


astralmage wrote:

its only whales


the world is balanced. the whales are there for a reason to the sea/ocean.

Japanese do that to EAT the whales. they believe its healthy for the human bodies. saying its for "research" is just a cover up.


whats to cover up? I think anything can be eaten... Its a fight for survival.


what is WHALES gotta do with survival? i understand if someone is in the middle of the ocean and they have to kill a WHALE to survival.


the survival part lies where whales cannot survive and man can.
Who's to decide what meat is for eating?
Whereas BEEF is mass-eaten, in areas such as India, with a large Hindu percentage, the cow is sacred.
Whats the difference with whales?
3597 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / ur mums
Offline
Posted 1/16/08 , edited 4/18/08
poor whales ...i cant eat a whale....
there tooo cute.. dunno how they can be hahaha
probaly because i watched finding nemo xD
70098 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Wa Wa Land
Offline
Posted 1/16/08 , edited 4/18/08

izickree wrote:


smil3es wrote:

what is WHALES gotta do with survival? i understand if someone is in the middle of the ocean and they have to kill a WHALE to survival.


the survival part lies where whales cannot survive and man can.
Who's to decide what meat is for eating?
Whereas BEEF is mass-eaten, in areas such as India, with a large Hindu percentage, the cow is sacred.
Whats the difference with whales?


have you ever ATE whale? i haven't and i'm living. stuff the survival bullsh!t, survival this and that. you can live eating bread crust for all i care. and hey, are you killing anything to survival there? no, your not. im not saying that Japan can't kill whales for their benefits or anything but they SHOULDN'T, there is only like 2000 (? or less) whales left in the WORLD. and yet they still say its for "research'' how many do they need? when whales extinct EVERYONE is going to survive, so survival has NOTHING to do with this. unless, like i SAID "if man is in the middle of the sea/ocean and he has to KILL whale to survive" . its just that we shouldn't forget ABOUT whales.
3788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / from east africa-...
Offline
Posted 1/16/08 , edited 4/18/08
people eat whales? didn't know that.
7716 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
77 / M / Florida, US
Offline
Posted 1/16/08 , edited 4/18/08

lala728 wrote:


tobydiah wrote:

Because... We're whalers on the moon, We carry a harpoon. But there ain't no whales, so we tell tall tales. And sing our whaling tune.


I wanna sing xD



People here should stop arguing and sing the Whaling Song.
497 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / the dirty south
Offline
Posted 1/16/08 , edited 4/18/08
whaling is a problem because whales are essencial to the ecosystem of the ocean.

here's a website with more info on whaling around the world: http://www.stopbloodywhaling.org/story_details.php?select=13
2038 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / PINAS YO!
Offline
Posted 1/16/08 , edited 4/18/08
it's a culture thing and i respect that. whale-hunting has been going on since people figured out how to catch enormous things. it's for food, warmth (fat and whales have this oily substance on thier skin), and thier bones makes good weapons and accesories too.

but you wouldn't want whales to hunt you ryt? so let's be nice to our fellow mammal. this goes to all whalers all over the world. if you must do it, get a permit.
welook 
17501 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / havent u noticed...
Offline
Posted 1/16/08 , edited 4/18/08
heh eat whales? didnt no u eat em but i knew we hunted them for some reason. i frown upon whaling
3264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 1/17/08 , edited 4/18/08

smil3es wrote:
have you ever ATE whale? i haven't and i'm living. stuff the survival bullsh!t, survival this and that. you can live eating bread crust for all i care. and hey, are you killing anything to survival there? no, your not. im not saying that Japan can't kill whales for their benefits or anything but they SHOULDN'T, there is only like 2000 (? or less) whales left in the WORLD. and yet they still say its for "research'' how many do they need? when whales extinct EVERYONE is going to survive, so survival has NOTHING to do with this. unless, like i SAID "if man is in the middle of the sea/ocean and he has to KILL whale to survive" . its just that we shouldn't forget ABOUT whales.


it doesn't matter if I personally haven't eaten whale, but i would try it.
As long as there is a demand for whales, there will be whaling, and thats just the truth.

and no, there aren't only 2000 or less whales left in the world.

You can argue that we don't NEED whales for resources anymore. But aren't we at a point where we don't need to kill any animal for meat? in that case, we should just eating/killing/mutating animals for our own benefits right?

Unless the bias behind your argument was that... ...you just love whales.
4194 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Chicago
Offline
Posted 1/17/08 , edited 4/18/08
We believe in death, destruction, chaos, filth, and greed.
2544 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
77 / F / Shhhh secret! :P
Offline
Posted 1/17/08 , edited 4/18/08
I think they should cut the "research" b.s because a lot of the whale meat ends up in the market. I don't mind whale hunting, as long as it's monitored and done at a reasonable rate where the population won't really be affected
7474 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Parañaque, Philip...
Offline
Posted 1/17/08 , edited 4/18/08

izickree wrote:


smil3es wrote:


izickree wrote:


smil3es wrote:


astralmage wrote:

its only whales


the world is balanced. the whales are there for a reason to the sea/ocean.

Japanese do that to EAT the whales. they believe its healthy for the human bodies. saying its for "research" is just a cover up.


whats to cover up? I think anything can be eaten... Its a fight for survival.


what is WHALES gotta do with survival? i understand if someone is in the middle of the ocean and they have to kill a WHALE to survival.


the survival part lies where whales cannot survive and man can.
Who's to decide what meat is for eating?
Whereas BEEF is mass-eaten, in areas such as India, with a large Hindu percentage, the cow is sacred.
Whats the difference with whales?


Cows are widespread, what I mean is, they have been domesticated to meet the demands of the world population. In the case of India, cows are sacred there but they domesticated other animals such as chicken and pigs to serve as an alternative from eating cows.

With this knowledge, we can say that we should leave the humble whales alone because we already have animals we can eat without the fear of extinction. If we hunt whales into extinction, that's one more species in the extinction list. We don't need the meat of whales since we already have domesticated animals to serve our appetites. We don't need the bones of whales anymore since we have modern weaponry like rifles, pistols and the like. As for the case of whales being good for the body, almost all that we eat our good for us and probably one or two of the food we eat has the same nutrients that are found in whales.

But I'm not entirely against whaling. If only we could domesticate whales like we can domesticate fishes, pigs and chickens, then maybe we would be eating whale everyday. I hate to see an old tradition die just like that. But the problem is that whales takes more years to grow up and more space if it were to be domesticated. So maybe what I'm trying to say is that I hope the Japanese can control their "whale urges". Maybe they should hunt whales once a week or something like that because if whales are hunted to extinction, the balance of the world will be disrupted and pretty soon we'll experience that imbalance we ourselves created.
9139 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / CANADA
Offline
Posted 1/17/08 , edited 4/18/08
well i guess its because they like eating whale maybe.... i thought they were going extinct though...so wierd....
10977 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / 714
Offline
Posted 1/17/08 , edited 4/18/08

astralmage wrote:

its only whales


omg lol whale hater
10977 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / 714
Offline
Posted 1/17/08 , edited 4/18/08
ewww how can they eat whale its probably all hard and nasty
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.