First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Stem cells
10659 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/18/06
well i mean a general forum on a website devoted to anime,
we need some humour on such a serious topic, i mean we're not the ones making decisions so lets debate in a friendly fashion
2691 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / "Podunk USA" Brun...
Offline
Posted 11/18/06
This is friendly debate so far, I haven't called anyone an ignorant cocksucker. So... lets's continue until someone in Congress runs across this(never gonna happen).

People in Congress can't read, anyway. LOL
Posted 11/18/06

Do0mAid wrote:


haddon wrote:

wow kyo, that really sucks to hear from you.

then again, you are a spoiled little rich boy with a nice car, apparently nice girlfriend, in a nice college, nice parents, living in a nice place. youve lived a VERY easy life, it seems to me. until youve been to the point where you have had reason to kill yourself, you cant comment


What's the worst to one person may not be the worst to someone else. It's all relative. That's beside the point though. Some suicides are from people being weak but, there is also mental health issues. Many people still do it for attention though, and that is where the weak people come from. A lot of times I think suicide is glorified in a way that makes a lot of teenagers think it's cool to over dramatize thier lifes almost maybe to the point where depression if over diagnosed (though not being a psychologist I have no way of knowing that). Also a lot of suicides are selfish. Even if it is a half decent way to be depressed, don't you think the amount of pain you'd cause other people should be enough to stop you?

EDIT: and sorry for being off topic >_>





i agree with most of this doom. 99% of the suicide stories i hear and read about are kids who are mildly picked on @ school or thier girlfriend or boyfriend left them all are incredibly ridiculous reasons to kill yourself doing it to take away your own pain @ the cost of countless others pain for you not being there anymore its just a horrible thought. In all honesty if you cant carry on with your own life for yoursake you should @ least do it for the ones who love you.



@ haddon what you say maybe true but that doesnt change the fact that no matter how bad someones life is there is always more pros to living than dying....imo...throwing away your life over something as trival as a relationship with someone is just beyond my realm of comprehension. People who do have actual mental health issues that maybe another story but for the ones who commit such stupid acts over things like girls or bad grades or anything similar to that is just...wow




Trevor (OP)

10659 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/18/06
i would only commit suicide if i lost my cock, any man would say the same, dont lie. There's no reason to live after losing that. Its over.
Posted 11/18/06

daviddesolate wrote:

alright here is a scenario.

you have a wife, and two kids

you are ensured to let's say...a million in life insurance(throwing up a sum)

you start to get bad in debt and get closer and closer to become bankcrupt

you commit suicide.

your family recieves the money from your life ensurance.
would you really see that as weak.

because i myself don't think that is weak
i agree with you about most teen suicide.
but after that..there are more factors.




i still think thats a horrible decision because even though you may have given your family money it still wouldnt have been enough to keep them out of debt and even if it was! im sure theyd rather have their husband or father than money.


Trevor (OP)

46535 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/18/06

cbisram wrote:

i would only commit suicide if i lost my cock, any man would say the same, dont lie. There's no reason to live after losing that. Its over.


I agree but


cbisram wrote:

back to the topic...


10659 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/18/06
hahah
Posted 11/19/06
oh, teen suicide is USUALLY some cowardly bullshit, im not disagreeing with you there. however, there ARE people who truly do not wish to live.

most suicide is from people who want to live, but not in the life they have. if they were given money, a new family, better boss, people loved them etc, then they would wish to live. but there are some who just see no meaning in life at all, even if they should be "happy". even if their lives arent harsh, and bad. sometimes the escape is so difficult and so remote, it becomes next to an impossibility (life can always get better, no matter what, but it can always get worse, too. its a simple fact that something else shitty can happen. people fear this).

as for dissection serials to learn to spot them...we are doing that now, and its failed. we know the triangle (animal abuse, bed-wetting, playing with fire), we know the growth cycel (abused/neglected, mental instability, mild brain damage, either from birth or a mild smack to the head), we know some other things...but someone like theodore bundy completely destroys that. richard ramirez. both were raised fairly well, lovingly, were highly intelligent, but never incredibly mischevious (ramirez got into some trouble, but not a huge amount)...and then there are the people who as a child were abused, loved fire, went thru foster care, were socially completely inept, and void of emotion...and turn out to be great, loving, caring people. the research has been done...how it happens we probably wont ever entirely know until we can understand the ghost.
15 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / somewhere between...
Offline
Posted 11/19/06
How is bed-wetting akin to serial killers?
2691 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / "Podunk USA" Brun...
Offline
Posted 1/17/07

bern wrote:

How is bed-wetting akin to serial killers?


It's one of the signs of psychopathic problems. But you need more than that factor to say you are wacko.

Anyone hear? Adult stem cells can also replicate brain cells(mouse cells). And the amniotic fluid from afterbirth has viable embryonic stem cells.

We soon won't need abortions. YAY!(except for the irresponsible baby-killers)

Now about the living longer problem(overpopulation). I don't believe we are overpopulated simply because the estimate on developed land, gave everyone 2.2 sq miles! We really wouldn't have to see each other. But business occurs at certain locations(cities,metropolitans) causing a density and abuse of the landscape that is horrific.

I emphasize that we only extend the lives of geniuses(hear that Congress, we don't need you,we need the smart folk). Heck, we could clone Einstein and teach him everything we needed solved mathematically.

Imagine a world with "Immortals". That sounds like a good story, I'll start on it.
3342 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Vienna
Offline
Posted 1/17/07
^ to many words, i am to lazy to read, but i am pro genetic engineering.
194 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Anaheim, CA
Offline
Posted 10/25/07
i agree with you on that... if people use it for a good purpose then yes, but if they are doing for something else then it should be ban. The US is a very conservative country if you think about it. It's not just only about stem cell research but look at all the technology out there, cell phone, etc.
50880 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100 / F / Oh hello.
Offline
Posted 10/25/07
*scratch head..* o.o'''' i dont get it. ><
17204 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/25/07
I approve of it personally. If it takes a few embryos for a greater good, well thats just how it goes. =\
1604 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Stuck under plast...
Offline
Posted 10/25/07
embryos, i cant see it as a sapient being when its just at that stage. to me its an object that becomes/grows in to something sapient. (so i cant really level with the people who think its "inhumane") If research and experiments advances our knowledge in Medicine then so be it.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.