Berserk anime slated for January 2012
2340 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 7/12/11 , edited 7/14/11

EDIT: Here's a very recent trailer for the Golden Age arc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p286WtHoK2g

http://a.yfrog.com/img615/3799/fovyk.jpg

Toshiyuki Kubooka is directing

Here's a trans of the scan:

A powerful staff gathers, with a promising the biggest of quality!

The people in charge of the Movie of Berserk is a recognized staff, the best in the world of anime. Beyond the fans expectations, the staff in working in literally sharping the life out of it!

Director: Toshiyuki Kubooka

Animator, Director. Batman: Gotham Knight (Director of 5 episodes), Genius Party Shangai Great Dragon (art content / director), Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo (art content / director) among others many other different works.

Message from Toshiyuki Kubooka

[We are giving everything we got], [The direction the original concept demands is pressing us against the wall], [We are making a real middle ages setting]...We are doing our best to this objective. The staff is really exited, we can make something great. We ask you yo be patient.

Animation work Studio 4c

A production with the best animation techniques. The studio received in 2007 an outstanding animation award from the japanese academy for Tekkonkinkreet. Other great works include Detroit Metal City among others.

Distrubution: Warner Brothers Movies


Here's some more images:


From what little I know, it will be a series of movies, most likely to be released in theaters. They're planning on this film series to go on for a decade. Also, it is speculated that Berserk will be in the form of movies rather than episodes because they want to bypass Japanese restrictions on gore and sex. They also have some of the best people in the industry working on this project, so quality is assured.
59048 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Pgh, USA
Offline
Posted 7/12/11
Hm. Looks interesting.
136480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/12/11

cyanide4suicide wrote:

http://a.yfrog.com/img615/3799/fovyk.jpg

Toshiyuki Kubooka is directing

Here's a trans of the scan:

A powerful staff gathers, with a promising the biggest of quality!

The people in charge of the Movie of Berserk is a recognized staff, the best in the world of anime. Beyond the fans expectations, the staff in working in literally sharping the life out of it!

Director: Toshiyuki Kubooka

Animator, Director. Batman: Gotham Knight (Director of 5 episodes), Genius Party Shangai Great Dragon (art content / director), Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo (art content / director) among others many other different works.

Message from Toshiyuki Kubooka

[We are giving everything we got], [The direction the original concept demands is pressing us against the wall], [We are making a real middle ages setting]...We are doing our best to this objective. The staff is really exited, we can make something great. We ask you yo be patient.

Animation work Studio 4c

A production with the best animation techniques. The studio received in 2007 an outstanding animation award from the japanese academy for Tekkonkinkreet. Other great works include Detroit Metal City among others.

Distrubution: Warner Brothers Movies


Here's some more images:


From what little I know, it will be a series of movies, most likely to be released in theaters. They're planning on this film series to go on for a decade. Also, it is speculated that Berserk will be in the form of movies rather than episodes because they want to bypass Japanese restrictions on gore and sex.

They also have some of the best people in the industry working on this project, so quality is assured.


Three films actually.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-07-12/berserk-golden-age-arc-to-be-made-into-3-anime-films

11243 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / BC, Canada =P
Offline
Posted 7/13/11 , edited 7/14/11
Berserk without gore and sexual content just doesn't feel right. I'm definitely buying the blu-ray set whenever that comes out.

EDIT: Wait, its just the Golden Age arc? Aww ...

Hopefully if it becomes successful, they'll also release the other arcs.
95164 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/13/11

Distrubution: Warner Brothers Movies


Dare we hope for American theatrical release? I would love to see this on the big screen
66778 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Lagrange, KY
Offline
Posted 7/14/11
...hmm i am curious to see how this will meet t.v. standards in japan, we know how dead-man wonder land turned out as much as I love berserker I can assume that it's going to get the same treatment.
The Wise Wizard
100969 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 7/15/11

Cecilthedarkknight234 wrote:

...hmm i am curious to see how this will meet t.v. standards in japan, we know how dead-man wonder land turned out as much as I love berserker I can assume that it's going to get the same treatment.

This is a series of movies, not a television series, so no worries about that.

50506 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Wisconsin
Offline
Posted 7/16/11

andydono wrote:

Berserk without gore and sexual content just doesn't feel right. I'm definitely buying the blu-ray set whenever that comes out.

EDIT: Wait, its just the Golden Age arc? Aww ...

Hopefully if it becomes successful, they'll also release the other arcs.

I think it would have been extremely successful for that to happen, but maybe that will happen (I have not idea how popular the series is in Japan).

2340 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 7/16/11

andydono wrote:

Berserk without gore and sexual content just doesn't feel right. I'm definitely buying the blu-ray set whenever that comes out.

EDIT: Wait, its just the Golden Age arc? Aww ...

Hopefully if it becomes successful, they'll also release the other arcs.

From what I can tell, they will be doing the other arcs. The Golden Age arc is getting seperated into 3 movies, but the developers also expecting the film project to run for a decade.

Most likely, they need ten years to work on the other arcs.
11243 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / BC, Canada =P
Offline
Posted 7/16/11 , edited 7/16/11

cyanide4suicide wrote:

From what I can tell, they will be doing the other arcs. The Golden Age arc is getting seperated into 3 movies, but the developers also expecting the film project to run for a decade.

Most likely, they need ten years to work on the other arcs.


A single chapter for the manga version of Berserk takes a whole month to be released and this series started way back in the late 1980's to boot. I'm sure I'm patience enough to wait that long.

Besides I'm only 20, I still at least have a good 40-50 years left for me, assuming of course no unforeseen circumstance happens to me .
69132 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / San Diego, Califo...
Offline
Posted 7/19/11
Can not wait! I'll be eagerly awaiting this film!
You must be logged in to post.