First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
Muslims
2739 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 1/17/08 , edited 4/18/08

drizza wrote:


dreamer580 wrote:


drizza wrote:

^

Man this is why we get stereotyped now because this is being taught from Sheks. I do not agree with this shek and where in the Quran does he find the need to condone this behavior when the Prophet condems it. And you a muslim female are you ok with your husband hitting you? Because you said that the shek told you? As high as women are regarded in the Quran you are fine with it? And dont worry I am not mad at you at all.


NO! Of course I'm not ok with it! I said that already that I find it cruel but forgive me Im sorry Im only 13:( I don't even know much about islam yet so thats why I take classes. I said I'm sorry and I know it's wrong so please I don't want to argue lets just drop it now. please and thankyou^^


Yeah I am the same as you I am not perfect as well I got a lot to learn also myself. Lol we wont argue about this trust me your not lost your very smart. Good luck with your classes


Ptt, I don't go to know classes anymore. No, I'm not smart i wish I was but im not I wish i was beautiful too but im not *sniffs while remembering that im ugly:(* well anyways thanx^^
343 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 1/17/08 , edited 4/18/08
aww dreamer, do you need a hug? :::::hugs dreamer580:::: lol, there you go. feel better?
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 1/17/08 , edited 4/18/08

dreamer580 wrote:


drizza wrote:


dreamer580 wrote:


drizza wrote:

^

Man this is why we get stereotyped now because this is being taught from Sheks. I do not agree with this shek and where in the Quran does he find the need to condone this behavior when the Prophet condems it. And you a muslim female are you ok with your husband hitting you? Because you said that the shek told you? As high as women are regarded in the Quran you are fine with it? And dont worry I am not mad at you at all.


NO! Of course I'm not ok with it! I said that already that I find it cruel but forgive me Im sorry Im only 13:( I don't even know much about islam yet so thats why I take classes. I said I'm sorry and I know it's wrong so please I don't want to argue lets just drop it now. please and thankyou^^


Yeah I am the same as you I am not perfect as well I got a lot to learn also myself. Lol we wont argue about this trust me your not lost your very smart. Good luck with your classes


Ptt, I don't go to know classes anymore. No, I'm not smart i wish I was but im not I wish i was beautiful too but im not *sniffs while remembering that im ugly:(* well anyways thanx^^


You shouldnt think that way God created everyone in the most excellent form as long as you have a beautiful personality everyone will be attracted to you and even though you dont go to class now I hope you will continue in the future.

4:124 If any do deeds of righteousness,- be they male or female - and have faith, they will enter Heaven, and not the least injustice will be done to them.

2:62. Those who believe (in the Qur’an)
And those who follow the Jewish (Scriptures)
And the Christians and the Sabians, -
ANY who believe in G-d
And the Last Day,
And work righteousness,
Shall have their reward
With their Lord: on them
Shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

So you dont have to be perfect just continue with your righteous personality ok you dont have to be super smart to be muslim believe me because I am not lol.
343 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 1/17/08 , edited 4/18/08
Drizza, how old are you?
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 1/17/08 , edited 4/18/08

Ms_Maryam wrote:

Drizza, how old are you?


I dont want to give my age on CR but the age after you graduated from high school and been going to college for about 2 years.
xuae 
37934 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / UAE
Offline
Posted 1/17/08 , edited 4/18/08
stop fighting about religion
159 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / East London Uk
Offline
Posted 1/17/08 , edited 4/18/08
you people talking about islam and muslims like you know a fucking thing how about someone makes a topic or thread about christanz or jews? and then all the muslims can talk about if they are a bunch of fuckers or not?
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 1/17/08 , edited 4/18/08

skysthelimitlivelife wrote:

you people talking about islam and muslims like you know a fucking thing how about someone makes a topic or thread about christanz or jews? and then all the muslims can talk about if they are a bunch of fuckers or not?


As muslims we need to be more mature then to talk about others religion because it says as I quoted in my previous post no matter what religion or who you are as long as you do righteous you will go to heaven. I understand your anger but most of this comes from the down right lies the main stream media is throwing at islam and no intelligent muslim to get on air to fix them.
159 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / East London Uk
Offline
Posted 1/17/08 , edited 4/18/08
LOL everyone goes to heaven? alryt keep beliveing that and hav your ' discussion '
Zer0 
55258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 1/17/08 , edited 4/18/08

nashx02 wrote:

Im a Muslim and I got your point there Jasamaja and I accept your apology. And also for a record I dont consider those Terrorist Islam! I think what they are doing is not Jihad. its plain killing of innocent people. and pls Dont call Quran Evil again,coz its like calling your mom a bitch or something like that.


So wait, what is Jihad then? The only examples we see of Jihad these days are car bombs and people in middle-Eastern countries calling out for some infidels death. Before people start flaming me, thats not what I think it is. I don't know enough about Jihad to give my opinion of it, so if someone could say what it really is, then that would be great.

Oh, and for people who are quoting the Quran to prove their point, directly quoting a holy book that was written more than a thousand years ago doesn't represent the exact beliefs of the average Muslim. Tell you the truth, the Bible has as much morally questionable stuff in it as the Quran does, and thats not including the pages hidden away by the Vatican.

So as much as it might help your argument, quoting a holy book won't pursuade anyone with half a brain due to how many different interpretations you can get out of a single passage alone. Also, most religious people know that their Holy book was written ages ago, and many won't take it literally.
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 1/17/08 , edited 4/18/08
whats the average muslim do you know any? have they made any attempts to kill you? I already explained what jihad is and this is the exact reason why I said in my previous post no matter how much you clear up things people still choose to stay ignorant lol it isnt worth it guys I wont even repost what jihad is. I dont see a problem fixing misquotes from the Quran because basically thats what people been doing with the Quran in the main stream media. And a book 1000 years ago does represent our belief because thats where we get it from I mean that statement makes no sense what you just typed because the Quran is the exact same 1000 years ago never edited. I mean think about it if someone is misquoting text from your holy book incorrectly your saying that because we put into the right context it still doesnt mean anything because it is old but yet thats the book we read to study our religion and for others to understand it?
2739 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 1/17/08 , edited 4/18/08
Ok, hey people I'm back and I'm ready to talk so talk.....*crickets in back round*.....
2739 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 1/17/08 , edited 4/18/08

drizza wrote:

whats the average muslim do you know any? have they made any attempts to kill you? I already explained what jihad is and this is the exact reason why I said in my previous post no matter how much you clear up things people still choose to stay ignorant lol it isnt worth it guys I wont even repost what jihad is. I dont see a problem fixing misquotes from the Quran because basically thats what people been doing with the Quran in the main stream media. And a book 1000 years ago does represent our belief because thats where we get it from I mean that statement makes no sense what you just typed because the Quran is the exact same 1000 years ago never edited. I mean think about it if someone is misquoting text from your holy book incorrectly your saying that because we put into the right context it still doesnt mean anything because it is old but yet thats the book we read to study our religion and for others to understand it?


Man drizza, u seem pretty smart to me. I mean everything that somebody says u have an answer that actualy makes sence. You should join are group (if u havent already) u would be a great help at answering questions^^
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 1/17/08 , edited 4/18/08

jasamaja wrote:


Zer0 wrote:


nashx02 wrote:

Im a Muslim and I got your point there Jasamaja and I accept your apology. And also for a record I dont consider those Terrorist Islam! I think what they are doing is not Jihad. its plain killing of innocent people. and pls Dont call Quran Evil again,coz its like calling your mom a bitch or something like that.


So wait, what is Jihad then? The only examples we see of Jihad these days are car bombs and people in middle-Eastern countries calling out for some infidels death. Before people start flaming me, thats not what I think it is. I don't know enough about Jihad to give my opinion of it, so if someone could say what it really is, then that would be great.

Oh, and for people who are quoting the Quran to prove their point, directly quoting a holy book that was written more than a thousand years ago doesn't represent the exact beliefs of the average Muslim. Tell you the truth, the Bible has as much morally questionable stuff in it as the Quran does, and thats not including the pages hidden away by the Vatican.

So as much as it might help your argument, quoting a holy book won't pursuade anyone with half a brain due to how many different interpretations you can get out of a single passage alone. Also, most religious people know that their Holy book was written ages ago, and many won't take it literally.


Since that smartie won't answer you properly, I will do it:

Jihad is "holy war." Or, more precisely: It means the legal, compulsory, communal effort to expand the territories ruled by Muslims at the expense of territories ruled by non-Muslims.

The purpose of jihad, in other words, is not directly to spread the Islamic faith but to extend sovereign Muslim power (faith, of course, often follows the flag). Jihad is thus unabashedly offensive in nature, with the eventual goal of achieving Muslim dominion over the entire globe.

Jihad did have two variant meanings through the centuries, one more radical, one less so. The first holds that Muslims who interpret their faith differently are infidels and therefore legitimate targets of jihad. (This is why Algerians, Egyptians and Afghans have found themselves, like Americans and Israelis, so often the victims of jihadist aggression.) The second meaning, associated with mystics, rejects the legal definition of jihad as armed conflict and tells Muslims to withdraw from the worldly concerns to achieve spiritual depth.

Jihad in the sense of territorial expansion has always been a central aspect of Muslim life. That's how Muslims came to rule much of the Arabian Peninsula by the time of the Prophet Muhammad's death in 632. It's how, a century later, Muslims had conquered a region from Afghanistan to Spain. Subsequently, jihad spurred and justified Muslim conquests of such territories as India, Sudan, Anatolia, and the Balkans.

Today, jihad is the world's foremost source of terrorism, inspiring a worldwide campaign of violence by self-proclaimed jihadist groups:

* The International Islamic Front for the Jihad Against Jews and Crusaders: Osama bin Laden's organization;
* Laskar Jihad: responsible for the murder of more than 10,000 Christians in Indonesia;
* Harakat ul-Jihad-i-Islami: a leading cause of violence in Kashmir;
* Palestinian Islamic Jihad: the most vicious anti-Israel terrorist group of them all;
* Egyptian Islamic Jihad: killed Anwar El-Sadat in 1981, many others since, and
* Yemeni Islamic Jihad: killed three American missionaries on Monday.

But jihad's most ghastly present reality is in Sudan, where until recently the ruling party bore the slogan "Jihad, Victory and Martyrdom." For two decades, under government auspices, jihadists there have physically attacked non-Muslims, looted their belongings and killed their males.

Jihadists then enslaved tens of thousands of females and children, forced them to convert to Islam, sent them on forced marches, beat them and set them to hard labor. The women and older girls also suffered ritual gang-rape, genital mutilation and a life of sexual servitude.

Sudan's state-sponsored jihad has caused about 2 million deaths and the displacement of another 4 million - making it the greatest humanitarian catastrophe of our era.

Despite jihad's record as a leading source of conflict for 14 centuries, causing untold human suffering, academic and Islamic apologists claim it permits only defensive fighting, or even that it is entirely non-violent.

Three American professors of Islamic studies colorfully make the latter point, explaining jihad as:

* An "effort against evil in the self and every manifestation of evil in society" (Ibrahim Abu-Rabi, Hartford Seminary);
* "Resisting apartheid or working for women's rights" (Farid Eseck, Auburn Seminary), and
* "Being a better student, a better colleague, a better business partner. Above all, to control one's anger" (Bruce Lawrence, Duke University).

It would be wonderful were jihad to evolve into nothing more aggressive than controlling one's anger, but that will not happen simply by wishing away a gruesome reality. To the contrary, the pretense of a benign jihad obstructs serious efforts at self-criticism and reinterpretation.

The path away from terrorism, conquest and enslavement lies in Muslims forthrightly acknowledging jihad's historic role, followed by apologies to jihad's victims, developing an Islamic basis for nonviolent jihad and (the hardest part) actually ceasing to wage violent jihad.

Unfortunately, such a process of redemption is not now under way; violent jihad will probably continue until it is crushed by a superior military force (Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, please take note). Only when jihad is defeated will moderate Muslims finally find their voice and truly begin the hard work of modernizing Islam.

Note: this was all quoted from this website:http://www.danielpipes.org/article/990

Flo~


Gah this is why I didnt want to get too involved in this thread. Think what you want I am not responding I answered the Jihad question in a different thread but I am not goign to sit here and get into any more arguements as I stated before I am tired of being the only one putting things into context. Think what you want but I am done.
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 1/17/08 , edited 4/18/08

jasamaja wrote:


drizza wrote:

whats the average muslim do you know any? have they made any attempts to kill you? I already explained what jihad is and this is the exact reason why I said in my previous post no matter how much you clear up things people still choose to stay ignorant lol it isnt worth it guys I wont even repost what jihad is. I dont see a problem fixing misquotes from the Quran because basically thats what people been doing with the Quran in the main stream media. And a book 1000 years ago does represent our belief because thats where we get it from I mean that statement makes no sense what you just typed because the Quran is the exact same 1000 years ago never edited. I mean think about it if someone is misquoting text from your holy book incorrectly your saying that because we put into the right context it still doesnt mean anything because it is old but yet thats the book we read to study our religion and for others to understand it?


I don't see where you explained the purpose and definition of Jihad, and it is certainly not that boy's fault if he miscomprehends the meaning of Jihad, as many So-called Muslims are excusing their attacks, murders and terroristic bombardments with the word Jihad. And I also have enough of your repugnant arrogant way, to refer to Non-Muslims as ignorants. That person obviously doesn't want to stay ignorant, that's why he is asking you, You, who are a Muslim yourself, for the meaning of Jihad. And you are just talking back in such a repulsive way. I find it terribly shallow of you that you refer to every Non-Muslim as an ignorant. Just because someone is white or of another religion, or has another point of view than you, doesn't mean that this person is lying or that his facts and arguments are wrong or made up. You automatically put Non-Muslims in the Ignorant-Closet, but you know that a Non-Muslim might know more than you or any other Muslim, this has nothing to do with his religion.

And now to your ignorance. Why are you so damn sure that the Quran was never edited? That's just being naive. The Quran is not in the slightest possibility the same as he was 1000 years ago. The same goes for the Bible.
And now to the last three sentences, I really don't understand what you want to formulate or explain there. It is ununderstandable for me. It sounds like Blah, blah blah..sorry, I don't mean to offend you, but I needed to clear that up.

Flo~


Any Quran you pick up around the world all has the same Arabic in it unless it is fabricated. I have never seen a fabricated one and we dont have different versions. Lol are you saying we are updating Qurans around the world? Hmm I never said any non muslim is ignorant just the ones that come to me to tell me about my own religion and what I am suppose to believe and then back their proof up by misquoiting the Quran. You can name call all you want I really am not in the mood anymore to get into arguements so peace you win whatever I dont care I am done with this thread. If I keep arguging I am going to put stuff into context all day and it is tiresome.


Man drizza, u seem pretty smart to me. I mean everything that somebody says u have an answer that actualy makes sence. You should join are group (if u havent already) u would be a great help at answering questions^^”

Sure just give me an invite but I am not on much though I kinda go inactive for awhile. I will be much better to answer people who are willing to learn instead of preaching to us about our religion.


First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.