First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Japan won the FIFA Women's World Cup 2011!!!!
3341 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Washington, DC
Offline
Posted 7/17/11 , edited 7/17/11
Japan won the Women's World Cup today!!!! Yes!!! Yes!!! Let's celebrate guys!! This is the first time they defeat the U.S.!!
I'm so proud of them, they even defeated Germany which was a surprised for everyone. It was really a good game today. Sawa did a good job with her corner kick. And Kaihori was a good goal keeper. U.S did a great job today too, they were really good as well. I loved how Japan was determined to win and worked hard despite the tsunami. So did anyone watched the game today? What do you guys think?
6213 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / NC USA
Offline
Posted 7/17/11
Watched it! Loved it!

Great game, very controlled in the first half, and really started to heat up in the second. The last bit of the game was just fantastic. Last minute goal for Japan and then clenching it during the shootout. Fantastic, I am glad that they won. They earned it.
41072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Madison, Wisconsin
Offline
Posted 7/17/11
The game was excellent. Both teams played really well.

I was also pleasantly surprised at how clean the game was and the quality of the referee.

69309 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 7/17/11
Great job by the Nadeshiko! It was a great game all around. The U.S. playing their best game of the tournament but falling short against the Japanese. Watching this game made it feel like there was some higher force working to make Japan win that game.
6213 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / NC USA
Offline
Posted 7/17/11

ViperEagle wrote:

The game was excellent. Both teams played really well.

I was also pleasantly surprised at how clean the game was and the quality of the referee.



Agreed, very clean on both sides. I wish all of the games were like that. I'm still not sure about the red card for Japan. Although she did not make contact with the ball, she was clearly going for it and it was also outside the box. Yellow card just for not making contact with the ball first I would say.
24550 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / US, California
Offline
Posted 7/17/11
Oh gosh, I was on pin and needles through out the entire game!
With those near-end-game equalizers from Japan and then the penalty kicks, I believe my blood pressure reached a new level!
Seeing as I was the only one cheering for Japan out of all my friends, I got a lot of "traitor" comments but it was well worth it xP.
All in all it was an epic game!
So happy for Japan and their very first Womens World Cup victory!
137650 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/17/11
Unfortunately, I had to follow it on my phone. I was really pulling for Japan and am glad they won. It seems penalties aren't as easy to make in the women's game as they are the men's and Kaihori did a great job not letting the US back in it. Furthermore, I think the US women's team will have other chances to win down the road while Japan had something to prove this time around.
3341 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Washington, DC
Offline
Posted 7/19/11

wakameyum wrote:

Watched it! Loved it!

Great game, very controlled in the first half, and really started to heat up in the second. The last bit of the game was just fantastic. Last minute goal for Japan and then clenching it during the shootout. Fantastic, I am glad that they won. They earned it.


Yep, I'm glad they won too, they played well.
3341 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Washington, DC
Offline
Posted 7/19/11

StaySane wrote:

Oh gosh, I was on pin and needles through out the entire game!
With those near-end-game equalizers from Japan and then the penalty kicks, I believe my blood pressure reached a new level!
Seeing as I was the only one cheering for Japan out of all my friends, I got a lot of "traitor" comments but it was well worth it xP.
All in all it was an epic game!
So happy for Japan and their very first Womens World Cup victory!


Yeah watching the game was so nerve-racking, especially when Japan only had a few minutes left in the extra time. I was so relieved when Sawa tied up the game. I was so happy! I was cheering for Japan the most even though I would still be happy if the U.S. won because Japan was great enough to make it into the finals. I see why your friends would say that since we live in the U.S. in all, but I wanted to see a change since Japan never won a World Cup before and it would be a great honor for their country. My mom was also asking me why I didn't cheer for the U.S. and I said I love both countries, but I just really wanted Japan to win it for their country this time. It would be a normal thing if the U.S. won.
3341 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Washington, DC
Offline
Posted 7/19/11

kufirst wrote:

Unfortunately, I had to follow it on my phone. I was really pulling for Japan and am glad they won. It seems penalties aren't as easy to make in the women's game as they are the men's and Kaihori did a great job not letting the US back in it. Furthermore, I think the US women's team will have other chances to win down the road while Japan had something to prove this time around.


I was quite nervous when they did the penalty kicks because I thought the U.S. would have more chances to win. Hope Solo is a pretty good goal keeper and she is taller than Kaihori so that's a major advantage, but I guess Kaihori is just as good. And yep it's true that the U.S will have other chances, but this is a huge opportunity for Japan to win the World Cup. I know their country must be proud.
24550 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / US, California
Offline
Posted 7/19/11 , edited 7/19/11

lhluckystar4 wrote:


StaySane wrote:

Oh gosh, I was on pin and needles through out the entire game!
With those near-end-game equalizers from Japan and then the penalty kicks, I believe my blood pressure reached a new level!
Seeing as I was the only one cheering for Japan out of all my friends, I got a lot of "traitor" comments but it was well worth it xP.
All in all it was an epic game!
So happy for Japan and their very first Womens World Cup victory!


Yeah watching the game was so nerve-racking, especially when Japan only had a few minutes left in the extra time. I was so relieved when Sawa tied up the game. I was so happy! I was cheering for Japan the most even though I would still be happy if the U.S. won because Japan was great enough to make it into the finals. I see why your friends would say that since we live in the U.S. in all, but I wanted to see a change since Japan never won a World Cup before and it would be a great honor for their country. My mom was also asking me why I didn't cheer for the U.S. and I said I love both countries, but I just really wanted Japan to win it for their country this time. It would be a normal thing if the U.S. won.


Yeah, exactly! Seeing as how Japan never won it, never even been to the final and haven't beaten US once in 25 games I had no dilemma in choosing to cheer for Japan. Plus everyone knows their victory would have a far greater impact on their country than it would in ours, especially with all they've been going through.
USA would cheer for a night and then move on with things. xP
But I was just really, really impressed with the game they played overall, such heart and determination Japan played with was inspiring.
And seeing their Coach smile and laugh with his team in the huddle right before the big penalty shoot out was just great, you could really sense that they were simply happy to make it that far.
3341 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Washington, DC
Offline
Posted 7/21/11

StaySane wrote:



Yeah, exactly! Seeing as how Japan never won it, never even been to the final and haven't beaten US once in 25 games I had no dilemma in choosing to cheer for Japan. Plus everyone knows their victory would have a far greater impact on their country than it would in ours, especially with all they've been going through.
USA would cheer for a night and then move on with things. xP
But I was just really, really impressed with the game they played overall, such heart and determination Japan played with was inspiring.
And seeing their Coach smile and laugh with his team in the huddle right before the big penalty shoot out was just great, you could really sense that they were simply happy to make it that far.



Yeah, I think Japan's success would be more memorable than the U.S. too. They kinda needed this more than us. It's also something that they can be happy and celebrate about. I liked how they kept going and never gave up too, it really shows how important it was for them to win. They really deserved it. Yeah, you can see how the coach and his players were so joyful when they knew they could move on into the penalty kicks. I think they felt really satisfied of what they were able to accomplished at that moment.
Posted 8/3/11
CONGRATULATIONS to Japan. Sometimes it true when they say, there are only somethings women can do that men can't.
50512 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Wisconsin
Offline
Posted 8/5/11 , edited 8/5/11
Congratulations.
10048 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Jersey
Offline
Posted 11/13/11
They deserved it. Usa didnt lol
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.