First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
What would happen if you put together a sperm and egg cell of two different things? (animal + plant/ fungi + fish/ etc.)
1902 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / most likely in bed.
Offline
Posted 1/16/08

himynameisdavid wrote:

if male tiger + female lion = liger, what does female tiger + male lion =? is it the same? or is it just different because of the gender of different?


I think that would be a Tigon
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tigon
Posted 1/16/08
yeah dumbass, it said etc.
21991 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / boring, bland ohio
Offline
Posted 1/16/08

vietboy101593 wrote:


artgeek707 wrote:


himynameisdavid wrote:

if male tiger + female lion = liger, what does female tiger + male lion =? is it the same? or is it just different because of the gender of different?


Ligers are sterile they can't reproduce


would you mind explaining to me why all these mixes/hybrids are sterile? id really like to know


I'm not entirely sure myself, but I think it has to do with genetics and the differences between the species

EDIT: I talked to my dad and he explained it. You see in Ligers MOST are sterile due to the genetic differences between the two species. However in some rare cases there have been fertile Ligers. Mules however, are all sterile. It's all down to the genetics.
welook 
17501 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / havent u noticed...
Offline
Posted 1/16/08
u get a live baby or a ungrown cell or a dead fetus
667 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / With the awesomes...
Offline
Posted 1/16/08

artgeek707 wrote:


vietboy101593 wrote:


artgeek707 wrote:


himynameisdavid wrote:

if male tiger + female lion = liger, what does female tiger + male lion =? is it the same? or is it just different because of the gender of different?


Ligers are sterile they can't reproduce


would you mind explaining to me why all these mixes/hybrids are sterile? id really like to know


I'm not entirely sure myself, but I think it has to do with genetics and the differences between the species


well tanks for trying ill got ask my AP biology teacher im sure he will know........ but it would be quite random...
and whats his name edited his post for a real picture of a liger
Posted 1/16/08
will anyone try it or request any laboratories to try it?
Posted 1/16/08
i dont know what happened... but maybe its like these


^ black guy + too much anime = that ^
Posted 1/16/08
i mean this
667 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / With the awesomes...
Offline
Posted 1/16/08

himynameisdavid wrote:

i mean this


Stop triple posting...... the picture was funny though but your topic is dead just let it die lol
Posted 1/16/08
okay okay... lol
21991 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / boring, bland ohio
Offline
Posted 1/16/08

vietboy101593 wrote:


artgeek707 wrote:


vietboy101593 wrote:


artgeek707 wrote:


himynameisdavid wrote:

if male tiger + female lion = liger, what does female tiger + male lion =? is it the same? or is it just different because of the gender of different?


Ligers are sterile they can't reproduce


would you mind explaining to me why all these mixes/hybrids are sterile? id really like to know


I'm not entirely sure myself, but I think it has to do with genetics and the differences between the species


well tanks for trying ill got ask my AP biology teacher im sure he will know........ but it would be quite random...
and whats his name edited his post for a real picture of a liger


I found out. I asked my dad (he teaches evolutionary Biology) I edited my earlier post with the answer.
Posted 1/16/08
creak

ZOMG!!! NEW SPECIES!!!!!!11!1!1111one11!!1

not ¬_¬;;
gb2/biology and learn your chromosomes

although, the concept of new fun cross-species is pretty awesome...

*goes back to lurk mode*
21991 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / boring, bland ohio
Offline
Posted 1/16/08

nosuchname wrote:

creak

ZOMG!!! NEW SPECIES!!!!!!11!1!1111one11!!1

not ¬_¬;;
gb2/biology and learn your chromosomes

although, the concept of new fun cross-species is pretty awesome...

*goes back to lurk mode*


It can happen sometimes in closely related species (but most of the offspring are sterile)
Posted 1/16/08
true... but I was talking more about crossing kingdoms... ¬_¬

I know about ligers and mules and all that mess ⌐_⌐;;

I'm pretty certain that pokemonesque animals or plants or whatever won't actually exist...
and yes, you can breed different species, but if I remember correctly, you need to have the same amount of chromosomes in order to ensure the possibility that offspring occur.

*tee hee interspecies erotica X3*
5891 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Imagination Land
Offline
Posted 1/16/08
A plant and animal?? wtf.



First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.