First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
One Word Replies .
Posted 7/31/11
If duplicate , feel free to close .

I've been wanting to make a thread about this . How do you feel about people replying with just one word ? I hate them because to me , one word replies mean that the person you're talking to doesn't want to talk to you at all .
13 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/31/11
i hate it to although i do admit i do that when i don't want to talk to someone or I'm angry with them
Posted 7/31/11
i think its fine. shows that they don't wanna talk so leave them be.
37514 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / United States
Offline
Posted 7/31/11
They drive me bonkers. Usually if a person replies with just one word, I don't bother talking to them again until they contact me first. True story.
22712 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Northwest
Offline
Posted 7/31/11
Lol yeah it get's annoying sometimes since you can't really get a conversation out of it, also I hate it when I can't think of anything to say and it ends up being a response like that too lol but not really one word but short enough to suck
Posted 7/31/11
It's annoying, as well as people complain about boredom but never contribute to make it decease. but what can you do.
37798 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Canada
Offline
Posted 7/31/11
lol <-- ha , If I had a dollar for every time my friends sent me that( and by that I mean "lol" .__. )
Posted 7/31/11
I'm sorry.
Posted 7/31/11
I hate it too. When I talk to my friend, it eventually turns into one word responses then she JUST STOPS REPLYING. It kind of hurts; she's my closest friend
Posted 7/31/11

-Breathless wrote:

If duplicate , feel free to close .

I've been wanting to make a thread about this . How do you feel about people replying with just one word ? I hate them because to me , one word replies mean that the person you're talking to doesn't want to talk to you at all .


I hate one word replies as well. Isn't it like somebody read only a letter from your post and then decided to just type a couple letters down to increase their post count? I was thinking that it was some psychological neuron that occurred with people centered around reputation but then I began to realize something. When an OP is long, the replies are usually going to be very short. When an OP is short, people tend to over tihnk and put too much thought into what they decide to reply with. But when something is implied such as in the case of this thread. People feel socially inclined to provide proof to the claim of the concerns of the OP as seen by many of the very short replies above. I have a theory about this. Perhaps it is peoples way of fighting the man. They can't do it in real life, and they can't exactly hack, or not conform, so they decide to make an attempt at breaking off of the main stream by doing something seemingly counter intuitive. But sadly that very thought is in itself a conundrum because in this day and age doing that sort of thing is pretty much expected. So I think what it comes down to is that a lot of people have either attention deficit disorder or adhd on the internet. That or, they just do not making long posts in fear that they will seem disjointed and tangle within itself while Simultaneously not bringing a truly valid scientific or religious point which is really what everyone wants. Actually, I noticed links to this in real life. If you try to make a claim of any sort people will try to affirm with it despite dislike towards it. It's like intentionally throwing yourself in front of a bus to prove your rebellion. But really you shouldn't worry because when you hit your 30's you do not do this at much and as your reflexes begin to slow down more and more you really throw yourself in front of a bus less and less often as time goes on. Pretty soon you will be so old and unable to make one word posts that you will literally be begging for a bus to come hit you instead of throwing yourself at it. But if you have dentures at that point make sure to clean them. On an extended not. I believe that people who reply with a single word really are fools for not wanting to talk to you because you are a great guy. Actually, you only live for a certain amount of time so every single time you avoid talking to someone you avoid social contact for that point of your life and you shut out another human being which will one day become a very valuable resource after the maelstrom. I like to think that if someone every game me a one word reply I would tell them that they are very rude and stupid because they are wasting time not talking which is the easiest thing to do in the world but they choose not to because of frivolous human emotions or wonton feelings that are impossible to expect the sending party to understand. So you are basically mad at someone because they don't understand you, but you have never made an attempt to understand them with all your stupid one word replies? Like the man once said, " you have the right to remain silent, everything you say or do can and will be used against you". So sometimes you really have to be careful about what you say because it can put you in a very difficult position where you can even lose a lot of money. When my friend tried to explain how the simple law of physics allows words to travel so lies should not really be illegal because they are just wind propelled by gravity exiting the throat. But no apparently some things really aren't allowed to yeah you must have careful not to speak too quickly and always make sure to think before you speak as that will get you in the most trouble. I expect people to take a good .1 of a second before they say every 4-7 words. Because any less than that and it's like you aren't even thinking about what you say at all. Loose lips shipk sins as they say, so when you talk in a recreation manner, do not mention things like the reason you want to go to war otherwise "accidents" will be framed as attacks such as the RMS Lusitania that started WWI. But hey op, I think what you are doing is a really cool than and that eventually it will bring awareness to CR users about what is going on and perhaps from now on you will get some posts that are a little bit longer than those one word replies. I really hope this brings you some joy and that this could help you understand that at the end of the day, everything is going to be alright. And even if it's not you can always find more people to talk to
Posted 7/31/11 , edited 7/31/11

varnlestoff wrote:


-Breathless wrote:

If duplicate , feel free to close .

I've been wanting to make a thread about this . How do you feel about people replying with just one word ? I hate them because to me , one word replies mean that the person you're talking to doesn't want to talk to you at all .


I hate one word replies as well. Isn't it like somebody read only a letter from your post and then decided to just type a couple letters down to increase their post count? I was thinking that it was some psychological neuron that occurred with people centered around reputation but then I began to realize something. When an OP is long, the replies are usually going to be very short. When an OP is short, people tend to over tihnk and put too much thought into what they decide to reply with. But when something is implied such as in the case of this thread. People feel socially inclined to provide proof to the claim of the concerns of the OP as seen by many of the very short replies above. I have a theory about this. Perhaps it is peoples way of fighting the man. They can't do it in real life, and they can't exactly hack, or not conform, so they decide to make an attempt at breaking off of the main stream by doing something seemingly counter intuitive. But sadly that very thought is in itself a conundrum because in this day and age doing that sort of thing is pretty much expected. So I think what it comes down to is that a lot of people have either attention deficit disorder or adhd on the internet. That or, they just do not making long posts in fear that they will seem disjointed and tangle within itself while Simultaneously not bringing a truly valid scientific or religious point which is really what everyone wants. Actually, I noticed links to this in real life. If you try to make a claim of any sort people will try to affirm with it despite dislike towards it. It's like intentionally throwing yourself in front of a bus to prove your rebellion. But really you shouldn't worry because when you hit your 30's you do not do this at much and as your reflexes begin to slow down more and more you really throw yourself in front of a bus less and less often as time goes on. Pretty soon you will be so old and unable to make one word posts that you will literally be begging for a bus to come hit you instead of throwing yourself at it. But if you have dentures at that point make sure to clean them. On an extended not. I believe that people who reply with a single word really are fools for not wanting to talk to you because you are a great guy. Actually, you only live for a certain amount of time so every single time you avoid talking to someone you avoid social contact for that point of your life and you shut out another human being which will one day become a very valuable resource after the maelstrom. I like to think that if someone every game me a one word reply I would tell them that they are very rude and stupid because they are wasting time not talking which is the easiest thing to do in the world but they choose not to because of frivolous human emotions or wonton feelings that are impossible to expect the sending party to understand. So you are basically mad at someone because they don't understand you, but you have never made an attempt to understand them with all your stupid one word replies? Like the man once said, " you have the right to remain silent, everything you say or do can and will be used against you". So sometimes you really have to be careful about what you say because it can put you in a very difficult position where you can even lose a lot of money. When my friend tried to explain how the simple law of physics allows words to travel so lies should not really be illegal because they are just wind propelled by gravity exiting the throat. But no apparently some things really aren't allowed to yeah you must have careful not to speak too quickly and always make sure to think before you speak as that will get you in the most trouble. I expect people to take a good .1 of a second before they say every 4-7 words. Because any less than that and it's like you aren't even thinking about what you say at all. Loose lips shipk sins as they say, so when you talk in a recreation manner, do not mention things like the reason you want to go to war otherwise "accidents" will be framed as attacks such as the RMS Lusitania that started WWI. But hey op, I think what you are doing is a really cool than and that eventually it will bring awareness to CR users about what is going on and perhaps from now on you will get some posts that are a little bit longer than those one word replies. I really hope this brings you some joy and that this could help you understand that at the end of the day, everything is going to be alright. And even if it's not you can always find more people to talk to


Ok.

LOL, no, but those are a few good points. But how often is saying ok going to be held against you in the court of law?
And wasn't WWI started my someone killing a royal of one of Germany's allies? (I'm not trying to be rude, but wasn't it?
Ghost
AHTL 
91569 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Norway
Online
Posted 7/31/11

Offer content.



So, if you see a one word post - just report it. I loath them with a passion, and therefore I will cleanse the "funny" posts in this thread.
Posted 7/31/11 , edited 7/31/11

Sniper907 wrote:


varnlestoff wrote:


-Breathless wrote:

If duplicate , feel free to close .

I've been wanting to make a thread about this . How do you feel about people replying with just one word ? I hate them because to me , one word replies mean that the person you're talking to doesn't want to talk to you at all .





Ok.

LOL, no, but those are a few good points. But how often is saying ok going to be held against you in the court of law?
And wasn't WWI started my someone killing a royal of one of Germany's allies? (I'm not trying to be rude, but wasn't it?


You mean Archduke Francis Ferdinan?
Posted 7/31/11

varnlestoff wrote:


Sniper907 wrote:


varnlestoff wrote:


-Breathless wrote:

If duplicate , feel free to close .

I've been wanting to make a thread about this . How do you feel about people replying with just one word ? I hate them because to me , one word replies mean that the person you're talking to doesn't want to talk to you at all .




Ok.

LOL, no, but those are a few good points. But how often is saying ok going to be held against you in the court of law?
And wasn't WWI started my someone killing a royal of one of Germany's allies? (I'm not trying to be rude, but wasn't it?

You mean the Tsar of Russia?

No, not the Tsar, Lenon lead Russia, they killed the Tzar Uhm... It was Franz Ferdinand, the Prince of... Austria, was it?
75983 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / boku no hero univ...
Offline
Posted 7/31/11
Wow, people sure are heated up in this discussion, huh?XD I write paragraph-long responses, so please don't report me......LOL!!! <--I proudly abuse this word daily >w<
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.