First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Should Women Get Back In The Kitchen
7311 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Toronto, Canada
Offline
Posted 1/16/08 , edited 4/18/08

magnus102 wrote:


n_n303 wrote:


Your_Typical_Friend wrote:

well yeah. we bring home the bacon. we fix stuff. we try to satisfy you. so why the hell r u not a house wife. well as long shes my secretary we cann fool around the office


who says you bring in the bacon? most women these days work their asses off and even get paid more than the male

EDIT:
*hisses at magnus102, coreyb49127 and welook* you men discuss me... if a man in my household doesnt hold up his part of the being a semi-wife. NO MORE SEX FOR HIM!


If I cook for you will you have sex with me?


Rofl, haha that one cracked me up big time.
13903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 1/16/08 , edited 4/18/08

magnus102 wrote:

In todays society women have far more chances to pursue both careers and education. I think this is great! I have noticed however an odd problem in my area. When women are working it makes it hard to do a lot of the chores around the house and take care of children. Not to say that women should do this but someone has to do this work. How will this be resolved.? Technology is a likely bet but thats a bit off in the future. Women work wayyyy harder than men as well. Anyone familiar with so called "Second Shift " understands. This is a sociological phenomenon where women work and then come home and do the housework anyway or a "second shift". Should ladies get back in the kitchen to make things easier? I say not but my friend was talking about how they role of women in a family. He though it was a "duty". His argument was that it made things easier on kids as well as adults be clearly defining duties. I disagree that women should be auto assigned to this role in a family. I bet most men though would blanch at being a house husband. I sure as hell would. My mother worked so I can not comment on the argument about it being positive for kids to have a stay at home mom. Its was an interesting topic. Work and family life are easy to unbalance but women deserve the same chances as men. This is a funny problem though. So what do you think?


I don't see why men can't help around the house and have their own "second shifts" as well. My step-dad does it for our family. I know other men that take care of the house as well. I expect my future husband to be just as supportive. People can't be stuck in the 50's where they have to rely on the women to do everything around the house. This is the era of equality and interdependence. I think it is healthier for the kids as well to be cared for by both parents and not just the mother. I think eventually this problem will resolve on its own as more women become empowered. I am in nursing school right now and seeing how men my age act, I think it's fair to assume I will be the breadwinner and moneymaker, therefore I expect nothing less from my husband to be supportive and to help around the house.
1112 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / F
Offline
Posted 1/16/08 , edited 4/18/08
I agree with chinita00 a woman has a right to choose if she wants to be a homemaker. Also, women who are homemakers I personally feel are trapped because they have to ask for money from their husbands. They're dependent on their other half for everything. I actually know a real life story about a woman who was a homemaker. Here husband would not give her any money,and would spend it on alcohol. She didn't have any money to spend on herself or her children. He would abuse her both mentally and physically. He just in general acted as if he was better than her. This posed a problem for her because she didn't know what to do. She had no money to leave him. In the end he left one day for "work" and never came back. Later she found out he moved to another city, and got together with another woman.
Posted 1/16/08 , edited 4/18/08
wut. we already go to work. ladies like u were born to cook.


its like damn cook for us we bring bacon home. ok got it.
2378 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F
Offline
Posted 1/16/08 , edited 4/18/08
No, we have been oppressed for long enough and there are still so many barriers that face us without you jackasses to make such statements.

Why can't the man help out around the house?
Posted 1/16/08 , edited 4/18/08
n_n303 fine go with magnus.he probably won't satisfy you.
967 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
66 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/16/08 , edited 4/18/08
i bet you, men are going to have swap places soon. or at least do chores at home. it's inevitable, girls are generally smarter than guys. so eventually we'll have to give in. =) i'm a guy btw.


eeb_forever wrote:

this thread is pissing me off.
its so fucken sexes.


sexist it's sexist, just correcting you =P

and yes this thread is very sexes.
58645 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Boston
Offline
Posted 1/16/08 , edited 4/18/08

n_n303 wrote:


Your_Typical_Friend wrote:

LMAO n_n303 ur so damn funny. but seriously. u give birth to our kids. thats hard work. we pay the bills while u take care of the cooking


let me get this straight..i pop out a bunch of kids for you, i cook for you, i have to go to work as well..AND you expect me to cook for you? are you INSANE?! if i was ever married to you i'd divorce you or have an affair with magnus102


You could always just find a quality open minded guy, they are out there. Oh and if you're willing to give a guy sex any time trust me there isn't much most of us won't do.
29505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/16/08 , edited 4/18/08


Your_Typical_Friend wrote:

wut. we already go to work. ladies like u were born to cook.
its like damn cook for us we bring bacon home. ok got it.


Chefs... do you notice that a lot of chefs are male? Chefs cook good, trust me, thats why their hired. There are female chefs but I think there are just as much male chefs as female. So were those male chefs born to cook? Personally, my friend (thats male) cooks better than me, he even makes his own lunch! So remind me again, which gender was borne to cook? Also, there are quite a few single mothers out there, they bring the "bacon" home. AND there a lot of jobless men out there that are drunks while their sad wives must provide for both them and their children. Unless you want burnt bacon that has too much salt, I don't think you want me to cook for you.
285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Virgina
Offline
Posted 1/16/08 , edited 4/18/08
I personally think one the parents should stay home to raise the children and take care of the house hold. I don't really care which one it is. I wouldn't mind being the one that stays home and takes care of the kids.
Posted 1/16/08 , edited 4/18/08
fine u want a roof over ya head. oh wait ur boss has a roof. why don't u sleep there.
29505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/16/08 , edited 4/18/08

Your_Typical_Friend wrote:

fine u want a roof over ya head. oh wait ur boss has a roof. why don't u sleep there.


Ever considered the fact we aren't all sluts? In fact, most of us aren't sluts.
1112 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / F
Offline
Posted 1/16/08 , edited 4/18/08
Your_Typical_Friend if I was your wife I would never cook for you. I'd put you on a diet of raw food. All you would have to eat is nuts, fruits and veggies. No meat for you, and I agree with n_n303 I'd rather hook up with magnus102 than you.
Posted 1/16/08 , edited 4/18/08
fine who cares if ur not my wife. i'm only 15.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.