First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Should Women Get Back In The Kitchen
1272 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Everywhere
Offline
Posted 1/16/08 , edited 4/18/08
maybe both parents should take turns
6116 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada eh?!?!
Offline
Posted 1/16/08 , edited 4/18/08

welook wrote:


magnus102 wrote:


n_n303 wrote:

*hisses at magnus*
its unfair that woman have to do everything, would it kill for a husband to be a semi-house wife here and there?


Yes

agreed
^^D



Same i agree.

Men are basically just lazy

and we like it that way
285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Virgina
Offline
Posted 1/16/08 , edited 4/18/08

MoonlightandRoses wrote:

maybe both parents should take turns


How so?
285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Virgina
Offline
Posted 1/16/08 , edited 4/18/08

lordlag wrote:

just order for take out... that'd solve the problem


lol problem solved
2769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Monterey
Offline
Posted 1/16/08 , edited 4/18/08
what about we enslave everyone below 16?
and instead of sending them to orphanage and such
we could send them to single adults or adult-couples that have no children
so they can do the housework

that solves the sexualist problems =)
also. to make it all fair, for the first year, we enslave everyone from beginning at 17
and lowering the age on the next year =D

adults will even be able to choose the ages of their wanted slaves!
i choose 15 as most kids at that age are neither too weak nor too strong lol

also.. girls cannot be chosen or forced to be slaves, as there are guys out there that would just rape em v_v
but that doesn't mean we can't make them do light community services ^__^

1272 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Everywhere
Offline
Posted 1/16/08 , edited 4/18/08

eldiablo312 wrote:


MoonlightandRoses wrote:

maybe both parents should take turns


How so?


um I'm not sure work? as long as they can work it out
5342 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Upstate NY
Offline
Posted 1/16/08 , edited 4/18/08
HELL NO!
i can't cook! >.<
13903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 1/16/08 , edited 4/18/08

magnus102 wrote:


flippizzle wrote:


magnus102 wrote:

In todays society women have far more chances to pursue both careers and education. I think this is great! I have noticed however an odd problem in my area. When women are working it makes it hard to do a lot of the chores around the house and take care of children. Not to say that women should do this but someone has to do this work. How will this be resolved.? Technology is a likely bet but thats a bit off in the future. Women work wayyyy harder than men as well. Anyone familiar with so called "Second Shift " understands. This is a sociological phenomenon where women work and then come home and do the housework anyway or a "second shift". Should ladies get back in the kitchen to make things easier? I say not but my friend was talking about how they role of women in a family. He though it was a "duty". His argument was that it made things easier on kids as well as adults be clearly defining duties. I disagree that women should be auto assigned to this role in a family. I bet most men though would blanch at being a house husband. I sure as hell would. My mother worked so I can not comment on the argument about it being positive for kids to have a stay at home mom. Its was an interesting topic. Work and family life are easy to unbalance but women deserve the same chances as men. This is a funny problem though. So what do you think?


I don't see why men can't help around the house and have their own "second shifts" as well. My step-dad does it for our family. I know other men that take care of the house as well. I expect my future husband to be just as supportive. People can't be stuck in the 50's where they have to rely on the women to do everything around the house. This is the era of equality and interdependence. I think it is healthier for the kids as well to be cared for by both parents and not just the mother. I think eventually this problem will resolve on its own as more women become empowered. I am in nursing school right now and seeing how men my age act, I think it's fair to assume I will be the breadwinner and moneymaker, therefore I expect nothing less from my husband to be supportive and to help around the house.


Well I think part of the problem is how society tells men to act. Do you know how much a stay at home husband is mocked? I know one and its not a pretty sight. A lot of men otherwise enlightened feel emasculated at the concept of a woman making more money than him. This is a result of the socialization that we go through-we want to see ourselves as men and the concepts of men in western culture is the breadwinner and head of household. Dont blame us


Why can't we all be grown-ups here and not care what society says? You know you're not less of a person because you're helping around the house, and your family knows that, so why care what your friends would think/say/feel? That's their ignorance on their part and that's not your problem whatsoever.

The only way this will change is if men such as yourself actually start taking the blame for being cowards and slaves to society and break the chains that their standards dictate. We can't keep blaming socialization even though they are partly guilty because we are also guilty in allowing this to happen. Nothing will change if men keep fearing being passed judgment on and emasculated, etc. and nothing will change if women keep allowing this inequality to happen as well. I know for damn sure I won't end up with a husband who is as insecure as what you've described because as I am empowered and independent, I expect the same thing from him as well.
285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Virgina
Offline
Posted 1/16/08 , edited 4/18/08

coreyb49127 wrote:


n_n303 wrote:


Your_Typical_Friend wrote:

well yeah. we bring home the bacon. we fix stuff. we try to satisfy you. so why the hell r u not a house wife. well as long shes my secretary we cann fool around the office


who says you bring in the bacon? most women these days work their asses off and even get paid more than the male

EDIT:
*hisses at magnus102, coreyb49127 and welook* you men discuss me... if a man in my household doesnt hold up his part of the being a semi-wife. NO MORE SEX FOR HIM!


dont worry typical if you cant satisfy your woman im sure i can btw i am an excelent cook


lol watch out corey is after your woman lol
285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Virgina
Offline
Posted 1/16/08 , edited 4/18/08

flippizzle wrote:


magnus102 wrote:


flippizzle wrote:


magnus102 wrote:

In todays society women have far more chances to pursue both careers and education. I think this is great! I have noticed however an odd problem in my area. When women are working it makes it hard to do a lot of the chores around the house and take care of children. Not to say that women should do this but someone has to do this work. How will this be resolved.? Technology is a likely bet but thats a bit off in the future. Women work wayyyy harder than men as well. Anyone familiar with so called "Second Shift " understands. This is a sociological phenomenon where women work and then come home and do the housework anyway or a "second shift". Should ladies get back in the kitchen to make things easier? I say not but my friend was talking about how they role of women in a family. He though it was a "duty". His argument was that it made things easier on kids as well as adults be clearly defining duties. I disagree that women should be auto assigned to this role in a family. I bet most men though would blanch at being a house husband. I sure as hell would. My mother worked so I can not comment on the argument about it being positive for kids to have a stay at home mom. Its was an interesting topic. Work and family life are easy to unbalance but women deserve the same chances as men. This is a funny problem though. So what do you think?


I don't see why men can't help around the house and have their own "second shifts" as well. My step-dad does it for our family. I know other men that take care of the house as well. I expect my future husband to be just as supportive. People can't be stuck in the 50's where they have to rely on the women to do everything around the house. This is the era of equality and interdependence. I think it is healthier for the kids as well to be cared for by both parents and not just the mother. I think eventually this problem will resolve on its own as more women become empowered. I am in nursing school right now and seeing how men my age act, I think it's fair to assume I will be the breadwinner and moneymaker, therefore I expect nothing less from my husband to be supportive and to help around the house.


Well I think part of the problem is how society tells men to act. Do you know how much a stay at home husband is mocked? I know one and its not a pretty sight. A lot of men otherwise enlightened feel emasculated at the concept of a woman making more money than him. This is a result of the socialization that we go through-we want to see ourselves as men and the concepts of men in western culture is the breadwinner and head of household. Dont blame us


Why can't we all be grown-ups here and not care what society says? You know you're not less of a person because you're helping around the house, and your family knows that, so why care what your friends would think/say/feel? That's their ignorance on their part and that's not your problem whatsoever.

The only way this will change is if men such as yourself actually start taking the blame for being cowards and slaves to society and break the chains that their standards dictate. We can't keep blaming socialization even though they are partly guilty because we are also guilty in allowing this to happen. Nothing will change if men keep fearing being passed judgment on and emasculated, etc. and nothing will change if women keep allowing this inequality to happen as well. I know for damn sure I won't end up with a husband who is as insecure as what you've described because as I am empowered and independent, I expect the same thing from him as well.


First one here that i agree with good job you get a cookie
Posted 1/16/08 , edited 4/18/08
ya..it is unfair for woman to do lots of stuff and their husband comes home and go like" Im tired " and woman work more than guys because they have to take care of their childrens for like 24/7 .. and men just like works for like .. 5 hrs or 6 hrs..
13903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 1/16/08 , edited 4/18/08

magnus102 wrote:


flippizzle wrote:


magnus102 wrote:


flippizzle wrote:


magnus102 wrote:

In todays society women have far more chances to pursue both careers and education. I think this is great! I have noticed however an odd problem in my area. When women are working it makes it hard to do a lot of the chores around the house and take care of children. Not to say that women should do this but someone has to do this work. How will this be resolved.? Technology is a likely bet but thats a bit off in the future. Women work wayyyy harder than men as well. Anyone familiar with so called "Second Shift " understands. This is a sociological phenomenon where women work and then come home and do the housework anyway or a "second shift". Should ladies get back in the kitchen to make things easier? I say not but my friend was talking about how they role of women in a family. He though it was a "duty". His argument was that it made things easier on kids as well as adults be clearly defining duties. I disagree that women should be auto assigned to this role in a family. I bet most men though would blanch at being a house husband. I sure as hell would. My mother worked so I can not comment on the argument about it being positive for kids to have a stay at home mom. Its was an interesting topic. Work and family life are easy to unbalance but women deserve the same chances as men. This is a funny problem though. So what do you think?


I don't see why men can't help around the house and have their own "second shifts" as well. My step-dad does it for our family. I know other men that take care of the house as well. I expect my future husband to be just as supportive. People can't be stuck in the 50's where they have to rely on the women to do everything around the house. This is the era of equality and interdependence. I think it is healthier for the kids as well to be cared for by both parents and not just the mother. I think eventually this problem will resolve on its own as more women become empowered. I am in nursing school right now and seeing how men my age act, I think it's fair to assume I will be the breadwinner and moneymaker, therefore I expect nothing less from my husband to be supportive and to help around the house.


Well I think part of the problem is how society tells men to act. Do you know how much a stay at home husband is mocked? I know one and its not a pretty sight. A lot of men otherwise enlightened feel emasculated at the concept of a woman making more money than him. This is a result of the socialization that we go through-we want to see ourselves as men and the concepts of men in western culture is the breadwinner and head of household. Dont blame us


Why can't we all be grown-ups here and not care what society says? You know you're not less of a person because you're helping around the house, and your family knows that, so why care what your friends would think/say/feel? That's their ignorance on their part and that's not your problem whatsoever.

The only way this will change is if men such as yourself actually start taking the blame for being cowards and slaves to society and break the chains that their standards dictate. We can't keep blaming socialization even though they are partly guilty because we are also guilty in allowing this to happen. Nothing will change if men keep fearing being passed judgment on and emasculated, etc. and nothing will change if women keep allowing this inequality to happen as well. I know for damn sure I won't end up with a husband who is as insecure as what you've described because as I am empowered and independent, I expect the same thing from him as well.

Well for myself I would help my wife. What I was speaking of is the general western mentality and not my own view. I dont blame those men though as we are slaves in a sense to socialization-it is inescapable. We should work to change it but it is so deeply ingrained in our culture that its not easy.


O ye, of little faith
Not to go all cliche and what not, but it is not inescapable.
It's not easy, but it's definitely something we can change.
This is nothing compared to slavery, suffrage, gay/lesbian discrimination, etc. because it's something so genuine (helping the woman you love and your family) that I think people will eventually follow other people's examples. You yourself said that you would help your wife, so that's a start isn't it? Are you then a slave to said socialization? It's not as deeply ingrained as it looks... but it still will be difficult to completely break that mold.
150 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
58 / F / world.
Offline
Posted 1/16/08 , edited 4/18/08
guys arent the only ones that work. so your not the only ones 'bringing home the bacon' and you make it seem like its such a pain to please us. well then why would you marry? stay single forever if its such a pain in your ass. we make the kids for 9 months, i think you can feed them once in awhile and do a few chores.
576 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
74 / M / Japan
Offline
Posted 1/16/08 , edited 4/18/08
well to my view, both share a amount of time in the kitchen.. but i belive that the girl should be there more, because now and days girls can not cook and use the excuse " i have a job too" i mean i work and cook and dont complain about helping around... people are just plain lazy now and days
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.