First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
What's up with CrunchyRoll?
13487 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F / Rhode Island
Offline
Posted 8/10/11

ebscidy wrote:


animbella3 wrote:


ebscidy wrote:

its a sad fate but yees its true i use animeseason and watchanimeon 2 fill in that empty space for anime in my heart.. and i use anime4iphone on my ipad or iphone


Umm..NOT supposed2 mention other sites in the forums, I believe!

LOL!! Im really not trying2 b bitchy, I just didnt want2 see any1 banned, especially cuz u were offering helpful advice regarding the other sites!! I just thought u were kinda new and was trying2 help!!

haha ur really into CR huh.. i am too but no need to over react with the "NOT" i know wat im sayin oh and im not trying to burst your bubble or anything but about your other post uhmm thats not very true at all you can find every show on CR on other websites easy...


9312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Over there
Offline
Posted 8/10/11

Tethler wrote:

This is a legal site. So they only have shows they get a license for. They do have a pretty large collection considering that restriction. Also, video quality is much better than almost any fansub site.


On most fansub sites you get the option of 480p and 720p, 720 is the same as HD on here ;-)
2490 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Earth
Offline
Posted 8/10/11


haha lol no im not new n thnks i appriciate the help but CR wont ban you trust me ive seen some pretty nasty convo on some of these forums and some are definetly NOT expected and NOT for pure-minded people
Posted 8/10/11

Zensunni wrote:


Dave1004 wrote:

I don't watch anime on CR. I just DL it, it's much easier, more available, and higher quality. I use an awesome site, about 40$ a year; - I have over 350 GB of anime now xD.


You pay $40 a year for illegal downloads? Dude, you're getting ripped off!


It's actually legal. A few shows they can't post because of legal restrictions, namely Elfen Lied and One Piece. Plus, this site is badass. It's clean, easy to use, and always has high-quality shows. It's a lot easier than browsing random torrents, considering I have a slow as hell connection (512KB/s, as opposed to high-speed's 4-8 MB/s)

The Wise Wizard
99927 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 8/11/11

Dave1004 wrote:
It's actually legal. A few shows they can't post because of legal restrictions, namely Elfen Lied and One Piece. Plus, this site is badass. It's clean, easy to use, and always has high-quality shows. It's a lot easier than browsing random torrents, considering I have a slow as hell connection (512KB/s, as opposed to high-speed's 4-8 MB/s)

If there were a legal site that was only $40 per year that allowed you to download anime, it would be well publicized on the internet. Another hint that it isn't legal, as you claim, is if the downloads are unencumbered by any DRM.

Back when CR was a fansub site, they used to pull some series as well. Typically these were Funimation series, and the take downs were likely after getting a DMCA notice and/or C&D letter.

46912 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 8/11/11
My opinion has always been that if Studio's provide a legal means by which I can attain their anime, I'll take is. If they don't - I'll download it, their loss for loosing out on taking my money.

That's why I love cr. I get to support my favorite studio's while watching anime in a much easier, cleaner and typically higher quality format than torrenting. I can honestly say since I found cr my torrenting has gone down 80-90%.
39658 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Construction land!
Offline
Posted 8/11/11

Dave1004 wrote:


Zensunni wrote:


Dave1004 wrote:

I don't watch anime on CR. I just DL it, it's much easier, more available, and higher quality. I use an awesome site, about 40$ a year; - I have over 350 GB of anime now xD.


You pay $40 a year for illegal downloads? Dude, you're getting ripped off!


It's actually legal. A few shows they can't post because of legal restrictions, namely Elfen Lied and One Piece. Plus, this site is badass. It's clean, easy to use, and always has high-quality shows. It's a lot easier than browsing random torrents, considering I have a slow as hell connection (512KB/s, as opposed to high-speed's 4-8 MB/s)


I'll say flat out that I question the legality of this myself, given the Japanese stance on downloading episodes. (The fact that they've opened up so much to streaming surprises me.) If you'd like to mention the site, I can tell you real fast if it's legal, and if not, I'll happily forward the site on to the US companies and can get it to at least Aniplex and Sunrise JP pretty easily. But you've nothing to fear if it's legal.....
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 8/12/11
well crunchroll at one time had a huge list of anime, some that is impossible to find Nowadays , but they got rid of them all, even the non-licensed shows, that i am still pist about because there is no way to find those anime any more.
33884 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 8/12/11
Yeah...CR wasn't always legal and used to have a lot more series, however I like it better this way. I don't have to feel guilty going on here.
546 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/12/11
people are stupid when i get my money i will sign up here and i think i will stop with hulu
other site are stupid and because people like these we only see ecchi now
your are not otaku or anime fan if you watch illegal you just Thief that steals people hard work
and even if you like anime and you want a second season you will able to do shit
illegal sucks and even the fansubb are stupid they cant even translate good
3180 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your fridge......
Offline
Posted 8/12/11
Crunchy roll HAD a LOT of Anime Vidz in the past and was therefore the "center" of anime viewing for most people.. Like me..
But then Vidz started getting taken down .. there was even a time were All the Vidz went down.. and that pissed off a lot of people,
Sadly most of my CR budz got to pissed by this and alot of Users Quit CR all together..

Well anyway the point is, This site Only posts Vidz that they have Legal rights over soo.. yeah...

7188 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/13/11
CR may not have a vast selection, but this is the best place to watch the latest anime releases IMHO.
112 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 8/13/11
it's even worse if you live outside the us as some shows don't get streamed by them, and they are really my only access of anime if im on the go
6220 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25
Offline
Posted 8/15/11
I think Crunchyroll has a lot of anime seeing as how it's legal ^^

And yes.. for me it's worth subscribing to so that I can watch my favorite simulcasts ASAP XD
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.