First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
What is love?
4300 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/16/08
you know love isnt just about romanitic love, its also about friend love, and family love. And why do people care so much if they are in love with the oposite gender anyways?
7718 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M / Florida, US
Offline
Posted 1/16/08
I love Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
379 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Philippines (some...
Offline
Posted 1/16/08

jobenerms wrote:

Love is also like a disease... You can't think properly, can't sleep, depressing, makes you miserable, makes you happy then makes you sad at the same time... Because of love, you do bad things...


"do bad things?" dude would that be the same as the song "SUICIDAL ~~when you say it's over.."??

read this 1 Corinthian's 13

and you'll know the genuine definition..
12102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / CA
Offline
Posted 1/16/08

Kenshin1986 wrote:

what is love baby dont hurt me dont hurt me no more!!!


Took the words right out of my mouth. *cue head-bobbing and gyrating dance moves* xD
4398 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 1/16/08

piecebypiece007 wrote:


jobenerms wrote:

Love is also like a disease... You can't think properly, can't sleep, depressing, makes you miserable, makes you happy then makes you sad at the same time... Because of love, you do bad things...


"do bad things?" dude would that be the same as the song "SUICIDAL ~~when you say it's over.."??

read this 1 Corinthian's 13

and you'll know the genuine definition.. :)


no, i don't think so.. i just write what i've been thinking.

Thanks, maybe i will read the bible sometimes... :reading the holy book
3298 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 1/16/08
y0u can't just c0nsult the dicti0nary t0 find the meaning of l0ve.. the bible is a better s0urce.. it defines l0ve better that anything else..
826 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30
Offline
Posted 1/16/08

halfaznmilk wrote:


Kenshin1986 wrote:

what is love baby dont hurt me dont hurt me no more!!!


Took the words right out of my mouth. *cue head-bobbing and gyrating dance moves* xD

\

Lol the movie rocks
2570 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M / In a portable con...
Offline
Posted 1/16/08

Jae_M wrote:


halfaznmilk wrote:


Kenshin1986 wrote:

what is love baby dont hurt me dont hurt me no more!!!


Took the words right out of my mouth. *cue head-bobbing and gyrating dance moves* xD

\

Lol the movie rocks


lol Haddaway
255 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Comatose in the B...
Offline
Posted 1/17/08
Hehe. Props to the creator of this thread. I clicked on it from the main page with all due cynicism, intending to reprimand my shallow fellow posters with some well placed sardonic remarks, criticize their media fueled ideas of romantic love, but when I saw that this thread is actually asking us to help define love for a school project -

now that is a noble pursuit for the depraved brand of otaku and drama whore that comprise the denizens of crunchyroll. No sentimental meanderings around the topic of romance, what insidious blend of lust and obligation in the barely pubescent bodies of most of cr's populace might make them believe they're having a unique experience, oh no, just straight to the chase. What's a good definition for love? I need to write a report.

For me, it's what I feel for this thread. A good objective definition, I'd say, would have to draw on evolutionary evidence. Let's say we define love as selflessness, a display of care and concern for others without expectation of personal gain, which completely opposes Darwinian (and Adams-ian, for that matter) rules of fitness and self preservation. This evolutionary anomaly is absent in all animals, and indeed, cannot be said to have the possibility of existing before early homo sapiens (what we so affectionately call neandertals). This earliest selflessness, "love," is shown in the care for the elderly, people with severe handicaps who would not have survived on their own and, had Darwinian rules applied like for all other species, should have died off rather than slow down the group, the traits making them predisposed to illness dying out with them. The only reason a species would retain such qualities, completely un-advantageous to the individual, would be the sufficient development of the cerebrum and an abstract emotional means of reasoning, rather than the hypothalamal instinct that governs critters from worms to apes, such that a human would give their own resources and efforts to another solely for an intellectual gratification. That is, though they do not gain physical reward, status, etc., they have developed a moral-emotional structure that is self rewarding, allowing for compassion and the attendant extensions from it. These include philanthropy, humanitarianism, social activism, on the large scale, as well as the personal sense of attachment without concrete benefit that arises between two people complementing each others' abstract intellectual-emotional structures.

Or something like that. It's been a while since I last studied psychology, and that's the most objective answer I can give you. Good luck defining love!
4398 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 1/17/08
Lots of love threads are spreading out here.... hmmmm Valentines day is coming really fast...
Posted 1/17/08

Kenshin1986 wrote:

what is love baby dont hurt me dont hurt me no more!!!


ROFL... Love is pain. Don't get attached, it'll only hurt more in the end. If things don't work out with someone you think you "love", go find someone else, then continue to repeat this process throughout your entire life. If the person want's to get married it's because someone got knocked up and don't want to look bad, or they want a pet they can use for various things, don't do it. Stay single, be free.
379 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Philippines (some...
Offline
Posted 1/17/08

jobenerms wrote:


piecebypiece007 wrote:


jobenerms wrote:

Love is also like a disease... You can't think properly, can't sleep, depressing, makes you miserable, makes you happy then makes you sad at the same time... Because of love, you do bad things...


"do bad things?" dude would that be the same as the song "SUICIDAL ~~when you say it's over.."??

read this 1 Corinthian's 13

and you'll know the genuine definition.. :)


no, i don't think so.. i just write what i've been thinking.

Thanks, maybe i will read the bible sometimes... :reading the holy book


hahaha were on the same stance after all.. XD i only choose the chapters that i read, the rest, still needs discovering..
23685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F
Offline
Posted 1/17/08
aight.
836 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
59 / F
Offline
Posted 1/17/08
love is when you feel happy, secure,caring
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.