First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
Post Reply Website Enhancement - My Queue
52162 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / Northern California
Offline
Posted 2/2/12
What's good about it:
Creating an automatic queue for new shows so you don't have to hunt around.

Why I won't use it:
I watch Crunchyroll on a bedroom TV connected to a small HTPC. The text in the queue is way too small to read in that situation, even on a 46" set. If there were an option to display large icons instead (more like an app) then that would make it pretty useful.

At present, I use a simple webpage to organize the shows and keep track of what days they are on.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1262071/animeguide/index.html
27900 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / IL
Offline
Posted 2/3/12
At first the Queue did not do much for me at all. Then I got a Roku box and the Queue is pretty much mandatory and makes to app so much more manageable. So yea this feature is very useful I just need this on my iphone and I'll be happy as having to go through a ton of shows just to get to the most recent thing I watched is annoying.
The Wise Wizard
79375 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 2/3/12

otakushark wrote:
Why I won't use it:
I watch Crunchyroll on a bedroom TV connected to a small HTPC. The text in the queue is way too small to read in that situation, even on a 46" set. If there were an option to display large icons instead (more like an app) then that would make it pretty useful.

Have you considered setting a larger default text size for the site in your browser?

I don't know about IE, since I rarely use it, but Firefox has long allowed setting this on a per-site basis.

For example, I usually post to the forums using my HTPC, so at the moment I am looking at a 37" HDTV from several feet away. As you might expect, especially with these over half-century old eyes, I have the text size set larger than default.

52162 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / Northern California
Offline
Posted 2/3/12 , edited 2/3/12

TheAncientOne wrote:

Have you considered setting a larger default text size for the site in your browser?

I don't know about IE, since I rarely use it, but Firefox has long allowed setting this on a per-site basis.

For example, I usually post to the forums using my HTPC, so at the moment I am looking at a 37" HDTV from several feet away. As you might expect, especially with these over half-century old eyes, I have the text size set larger than default.



I have tried that, but found that it broke the page layout or caused other issues. Even if it worked, navigation is still an issue because I use an AirMouse or mini-trackpad controller that isn't that precise. It would be much better to have a true 10-foot interface for CrunchyRoll, along the lines of Hulu Desktop or YouTube Leanback.

Actually, what I'd REALLY like is a solution that can deal with both web and local files with equal ease and a unified interface. I've tried a few of those, like XMB and Boxy, but find that they don't perform well on my little Revo HTPC when playing HD videos. Plex works, although it still chugs at times. Maybe I'll try a Roku or Google TV set top box.

PS: Glad to see I'm not the only 50+ person around here.
52162 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / Northern California
Offline
Posted 2/24/12
Got an original Roku box back from someone I'd loaned it to a long time ago, and tried using the CR app. It's certainly easier and more convenient than using the HTPC, so I'll probably stick with it for now. The Plex app works too, so I get the best of both worlds. Unfortunately, CR video is still tends to stutter on pans, regardless of how powerful a system I view it on.
13011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/5/12
I love this feature. I mostly watch on my ipad and would love to have the my queue available on the app. I'm currently going to the website to find the episode i'm on, then following the link to the app...
1022 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/1/12
What exactly does adding a show to your queue do? I know it shows up in there, so it is just to create easier access?
16353 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / UAE
Offline
Posted 8/4/13
When I add queue to my Samsung Smart TV, they shows does not load! ... only one episode shows! ... what shall I do?
The Wise Wizard
79375 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 8/4/13

a_4_student wrote:

When I add queue to my Samsung Smart TV, they shows does not load! ... only one episode shows! ... what shall I do?

As that is a technical question, it would be better posed here:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumcategory-571929/samsung-tv-bd

You could also contact customer service directly via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page.

With that said, since the app is premium only, showing only the first episode sounds more like what a non-premium user would see. Are you signed in or have it linked to your account? (I'm not certain which way the Samsung app works).

18202 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / St Louis Mo
Offline
Posted 8/11/13
I love the queue But I also liked the watch list I used it to keep track of anime that I had watched including anime that CR did not have video for and poof all the work gone. the watchlist is no more?
432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / England
Offline
Posted 8/11/13

trekeyus wrote:

I love the queue But I also liked the watch list I used it to keep track of anime that I had watched including anime that CR did not have video for and poof all the work gone. the watchlist is no more?


Yeah I don't like this new change either. It was nice to see my catalogue of anime that I had watched slowly build up, it also allowed you to find common anime interests with people and made my recommending anime to friends easier as well!
23153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 8/11/13 , edited 8/11/13
^^^^ Agree, where did my watch list go! I just updated it the other day and was proud of it! >.<
36038 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M
Offline
Posted 8/14/13 , edited 8/14/13
I also want it to stay.

You can still access it if you know the URL. Mine is:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/show_list/?list_id=3010198

I don't know where you can get the list_id though ... I got it from my browser history.
29843 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / 七十七 / ミシガン
Offline
Posted 8/16/13 , edited 8/16/13

trekeyus wrote:

I love the queue But I also liked the watch list I used it to keep track of anime that I had watched including anime that CR did not have video for and poof all the work gone. the watchlist is no more?


TIMMSY7 wrote:
Yeah I don't like this new change either. It was nice to see my catalogue of anime that I had watched slowly build up, it also allowed you to find common anime interests with people and made my recommending anime to friends easier as well! :(


ambush_bug wrote:

I also want it to stay.


cniemeier wrote:

^^^^ Agree, where did my watch list go! I just updated it the other day and was proud of it! >.<

Yeah, it was slowly being worked out of the design since at least Dec. 2011, with the Queue feature being its replacement. You can still access your watch-list, though, thru this link: http://www.crunchyroll.com/manager. Once u go here, just click on whatever u named your watchlist, then click on the Open in full page link. And you're there!

Not sure how long that'll still be there, though.
13464 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Pennsylvania
Offline
Posted 8/16/13
Thanks suikojay!! I don't really understand why they would delete the watchlist feature.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.