First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
How about anime in 3d?
31057 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
63
Offline
Posted 9/7/11
Have you seen Yoanna in the Solitary Fortress? If this is the best that 2D has to offer (and I certainly hope that it isn't), then 3D has an extremely long way to go before it is worth watching even as a novelty.

Seriously, there is no way you could churn out the same number of animes and episodes each season with 3D that you can with 2D. Not that that's a bad thing, maybe production companies would be more selective that way.

I'll wait for the hologram version.
34033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Online
Posted 9/7/11
I say don't mix 2D with 3D.

I don't want to know what they will do with 3D in an ecchi anime.
15746 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / 昼寝の王国
Offline
Posted 9/8/11

Cloyde1 wrote:

I say don't mix 2D with 3D.

I don't want to know what they will do with 3D in an ecchi anime.


I don't see what's so difficult about it. I actually have this short hentai that is CGI and one scene has Asuka playing around with Shinji, while the other is a wonderful tentacle scene. The 3D worked out quire well. That being said I don't think that anime should become CG at all. It would lose its' charm.
77710 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 9/8/11
Wow I can't believe so many people are against it.

I actually love 3D, my laptop is 3D enabled. My only gripe is that there is not enough stuff out there that is in 3D. I don't know how anime would look in 3D, but I'll give it a go and see how it does before judging it.
41625 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 9/8/11 , edited 9/8/11

UltimateUnknown wrote:

Wow I can't believe so many people are against it.

I actually love 3D, my laptop is 3D enabled. My only gripe is that there is not enough stuff out there that is in 3D. I don't know how anime would look in 3D, but I'll give it a go and see how it does before judging it.


I think most people think he meant 3d as in cgi not stereoscopic 3D which would be interesting to see but I doubt the added cost and time that would be needed towards drawing the anime essentially twice to work with 3D would be worth it considering how few people would be able to view it perhaps for a higher budget feature film it would be more viable. And I Defiantly don't won't no cheap popup effect a more subtle depth effect is what i could see adding to the experience not having bullets and stuff fly out of your screen. Just think of the epic horizon views from 5cm per second with the added depth of 3D!
Posted 9/8/11
well karas is an anime that fuses 2d and 3d art techniques- does that count for anything?
77710 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 9/8/11

djheadshot wrote:


UltimateUnknown wrote:

Wow I can't believe so many people are against it.

I actually love 3D, my laptop is 3D enabled. My only gripe is that there is not enough stuff out there that is in 3D. I don't know how anime would look in 3D, but I'll give it a go and see how it does before judging it.


I think most people think he meant 3d as in cgi not stereoscopic 3D which would be interesting to see but I doubt the added cost and time that would be needed towards drawing the anime essentially twice to work with 3D would be worth it considering how few people would be able to view it perhaps for a higher budget feature film it would be more viable. And I Defiantly don't won't no cheap popup effect a more subtle depth effect is what i could see adding to the experience not having bullets and stuff fly out of your screen. Just think of the epic horizon views from 5cm per second with the added depth of 3D!


Of course I don't expect them to actual attempt 3D anime yet, because its just like you say, there would be no point as less than 5% of there audience would be able to see it.

But I am thinking 5 years for now when glasses free 3D will be common, what its going to be then.
Posted 9/8/11
Ugh, I can't stand 3D. My friends family spent over eleven grand on a gigantic 3D TV-set thingy, and it was horrid. I had the worst headache imaginable...Plus, it's a pain in the ass when you use glasses.

I prefer how it is right now.
23034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / boys locker room
Offline
Posted 9/8/11 , edited 9/8/11
Gregory Horror Show and Usavich are both pretty cool, but only because their styles allow it. Both are trippy too, so the 3D animation makes them look so much better; like an old person moving with the dynamics of a 4 year old.

Also- there's some really well done Vocaloid PVs; I don't even like the music but I have to admit they look amazing. I think it'd be too time consuming and expensive to do it for a long going anime though.
Posted 9/8/11

Really sorry couldn/t help it, but the first reply says it all.
808 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Hicktownhell, MS
Offline
Posted 9/9/11
.... LOL.
58656 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / Buried under a pi...
Offline
Posted 9/9/11
To be honest, I don't do well with 3D. I have to wear glasses and get headaches with the 3D glasses thing. I'm more traditional. I much prefer my Anime in 2D. I never have liked the look of 3D...unless it blends in so well you can't tell something is in 3D.
69987 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / Where the heart is
Offline
Posted 9/9/11
Would production costs increase with the addition of 3-D elements? Do the artists have what it takes to add the effects to the anime? And just as importantly do they have the time to add it? I'm somewhat under the impression that these things are already on tight deadlines and adding something new will add more time and money. Whether anime gets a chance or a second season are heavily dependent on disk sales. The dvds start coming out before the standard 12 episode season is over. I don't mind 3-D personally I haven't seen anything in 3-D, but from what I hear that 3-D movies here in the US are not doing as well as intended.
1117 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F
Offline
Posted 10/13/11
Meh.....
17344 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Crapsack World
Offline
Posted 10/13/11 , edited 10/13/11
Too risky. No animation studio with the right mind would make it to a full length 13 episode anime unless it is a movie.

It's about more profits and less cost, OP.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.