What is the best "Key" anime?
7470 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 8/20/11
Just wondering what people like. I'm a big fan of Clannad (and AS) as well as Air. I'm watching Kanon (2006) now on Funimation. I've watched all of the first season of Haruhi, Haruhi-chan, and Churuya-san. I didn't like them as much as the tragic Key anime. As for Angel Beats!, I'm waiting until I can get the complete series on DVD?

4761 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/20/11
Hmm, well I've only seen Clannad and Haruhi Suzumiya. I hate Clannad, and I loved Haruhi, so I chose Haruhi...
7470 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 8/20/11
Seeing as you hate Clannad, I certainly would not recommend Air or Kanon to you. Although you may like Angel Beats if you haven't already seen it; more Haruhi-esque than the others, but with weapons and action like that .
54331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 8/21/11

TheRealEscargotpudding wrote:

Hmm, well I've only seen Clannad and Haruhi Suzumiya. I hate Clannad, and I loved Haruhi, so I chose Haruhi...


You poor, poor soul.



On topic: Clannad ~After Story~ BY A LONG MILE. I don't think Key's ever going to top this masterpiece.



KyoAni like Angel Beats!

WAT.
2613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Hikarizaka
Offline
Posted 8/21/11
Angel Beats!
Hated Air, Kanon 2002 and 2006 are inferior to the Visual Novel and the only part of the Clannad anime I liked was the Tomoyo special episode. Love every one of key's Visual Novels, they are amazing, I play Kanon all the time. People say the anime are great adaptations but I hate them compared to most anime out there.
If the rumors of there being an official Angel Beats! visual novel then I will probably end up liking that more than the anime or light novels.
66778 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Lagrange, KY
Offline
Posted 8/21/11

TakafumiSakagami wrote:

Angel Beats!
Hated Air, Kanon 2002 and 2006 are inferior to the Visual Novel and the only part of the Clannad anime I liked was the Tomoyo special episode. Love every one of key's Visual Novels, they are amazing, I play Kanon all the time. People say the anime are great adaptations but I hate them compared to most anime out there.
If the rumors of there being an official Angel Beats! visual novel then I will probably end up liking that more than the anime or light novels.


I do however like the kannon and air movies but that's just me
2613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Hikarizaka
Offline
Posted 8/21/11

Cecilthedarkknight234 wrote:


TakafumiSakagami wrote:

Angel Beats!
Hated Air, Kanon 2002 and 2006 are inferior to the Visual Novel and the only part of the Clannad anime I liked was the Tomoyo special episode. Love every one of key's Visual Novels, they are amazing, I play Kanon all the time. People say the anime are great adaptations but I hate them compared to most anime out there.
If the rumors of there being an official Angel Beats! visual novel then I will probably end up liking that more than the anime or light novels.


I do however like the kannon and air movies but that's just me


Oh yeah, the movies were good. Loved the animation in them.
At one point I converted them to play on my psp during long trips but now I just play Kinetic Novels, they take up less space.
10497 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Somewhere over th...
Offline
Posted 8/22/11
Clannad (:
13506 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / CT
Offline
Posted 8/22/11
Clannad
You must be logged in to post.