Is Blood-C connected to XXXHolic?
43200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Formally New York...
Offline
Posted 8/25/11
I just finished watching Blood-C ep 7 and I'm getting the strong feeling from watching the dog speak and how he spoke that it's connected to XXXHolic. It's like how they connected Card Captor Sakura with XXXHolic and made Tsubasa Chronicles, except they're connecting Blood with it making Blood-C. Anyone have a take on this?
47032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 8/25/11
Well both are works by Clamp so crossovers are inevitable.
1115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Slovakia
Offline
Posted 8/26/11 , edited 8/26/11
There's one big diffrenece. BloodC IS crap, and xxxHolic isn't.
17344 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Crapsack World
Offline
Posted 8/26/11
It is still unclear whether Blood-C has any relation to Clamp story line. It is said that the talking dog is Watanuki from XXXHolic though I couldn't confirm it since I haven't seen the show.

43200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Formally New York...
Offline
Posted 8/26/11

Xanxus-san wrote:

There's one big diffrenece. BloodC IS crap, and xxxHolic isn't.


Granted it's starting off slow and it's kind of confusing but a lot of good anime's start off slow. including XXXHolic and Tsubasa Chronicles. Either way I think I'm going to give the show a chance.
7470 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 8/26/11

newyorkmetsman wrote:

I just finished watching Blood-C ep 7 and I'm getting the strong feeling from watching the dog speak and how he spoke that it's connected to XXXHolic. It's like how they connected Card Captor Sakura with XXXHolic and made Tsubasa Chronicles, except they're connecting Blood with it making Blood-C. Anyone have a take on this?


Isn't it also kind of connected to Blood+ and Blood the Last Vampire? But I guess that's more obvious..
maffoo 
79818 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / England
Offline
Posted 8/26/11

MagicalGirlMyaako wrote:


newyorkmetsman wrote:

I just finished watching Blood-C ep 7 and I'm getting the strong feeling from watching the dog speak and how he spoke that it's connected to XXXHolic. It's like how they connected Card Captor Sakura with XXXHolic and made Tsubasa Chronicles, except they're connecting Blood with it making Blood-C. Anyone have a take on this?


Isn't it also kind of connected to Blood+ and Blood the Last Vampire? But I guess that's more obvious..


I don't get the feeling that it is connected to Blood+ (more an alternate universe) but the flashbacks they keep showing definitely look like Blood the Last Vampire to me.

I've just watched episode 7 though, and the (possible) xxxHolic connection has almost made my day :)
17344 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Crapsack World
Offline
Posted 8/26/11

MagicalGirlMyaako wrote:


newyorkmetsman wrote:

I just finished watching Blood-C ep 7 and I'm getting the strong feeling from watching the dog speak and how he spoke that it's connected to XXXHolic. It's like how they connected Card Captor Sakura with XXXHolic and made Tsubasa Chronicles, except they're connecting Blood with it making Blood-C. Anyone have a take on this?


Isn't it also kind of connected to Blood+ and Blood the Last Vampire? But I guess that's more obvious..


Only by name. All three Blood series are independent to each other.
43200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Formally New York...
Offline
Posted 8/26/11

maffoo wrote:


MagicalGirlMyaako wrote:


newyorkmetsman wrote:

I just finished watching Blood-C ep 7 and I'm getting the strong feeling from watching the dog speak and how he spoke that it's connected to XXXHolic. It's like how they connected Card Captor Sakura with XXXHolic and made Tsubasa Chronicles, except they're connecting Blood with it making Blood-C. Anyone have a take on this?


Isn't it also kind of connected to Blood+ and Blood the Last Vampire? But I guess that's more obvious..


I don't get the feeling that it is connected to Blood+ (more an alternate universe) but the flashbacks they keep showing definitely look like Blood the Last Vampire to me.

I've just watched episode 7 though, and the (possible) xxxHolic connection has almost made my day :)


I'm pretty excited about it myself, I think the show has a lot of potential even though most people seem not to like it LoL
maffoo 
79818 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / England
Offline
Posted 8/27/11

newyorkmetsman wrote:



I'm pretty excited about it myself, I think the show has a lot of potential even though most people seem not to like it LoL


I can see why a lot of people don't like it, as I found it a bit slow to start with (I stuck with it mainly because I like Clamp and I enjoyed Blood+.) It is really picking up though, and I think the slow start worked in the sense that to start with Saya's "normal" daily life and her fights against the Elder Bairns were almost completely separate, but they have kind of bled into one another.

I thought that Blood+ was at its best before they revealed Saya's past, it went downhill a bit after that. I'm just hoping they don't do the same thing with Blood-C.
43200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Formally New York...
Offline
Posted 8/27/11

maffoo wrote:


newyorkmetsman wrote:



I'm pretty excited about it myself, I think the show has a lot of potential even though most people seem not to like it LoL


I can see why a lot of people don't like it, as I found it a bit slow to start with (I stuck with it mainly because I like Clamp and I enjoyed Blood+.) It is really picking up though, and I think the slow start worked in the sense that to start with Saya's "normal" daily life and her fights against the Elder Bairns were almost completely separate, but they have kind of bled into one another.

I thought that Blood+ was at its best before they revealed Saya's past, it went downhill a bit after that. I'm just hoping they don't do the same thing with Blood-C.


They are already starting to reveal her past bit by bit. It's kind of inevitable.
maffoo 
79818 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / England
Offline
Posted 8/27/11

newyorkmetsman wrote:


maffoo wrote:


newyorkmetsman wrote:



I'm pretty excited about it myself, I think the show has a lot of potential even though most people seem not to like it LoL


I can see why a lot of people don't like it, as I found it a bit slow to start with (I stuck with it mainly because I like Clamp and I enjoyed Blood+.) It is really picking up though, and I think the slow start worked in the sense that to start with Saya's "normal" daily life and her fights against the Elder Bairns were almost completely separate, but they have kind of bled into one another.

I thought that Blood+ was at its best before they revealed Saya's past, it went downhill a bit after that. I'm just hoping they don't do the same thing with Blood-C.


They are already starting to reveal her past bit by bit. It's kind of inevitable.


They are revealing it bit by bit, which is what they did in Blood+ to start with, with the flashbacks to Vietnam. Then they revealed everything, so the mystery was gone, and that was only about half way through the series. I'm hoping that they keep a lot hidden until the very end with Blood-C.

2528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / America
Offline
Posted 8/27/11
Where is my David???
You must be logged in to post.