First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You guys are so socially awkward
16096 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Daytona Beach
Offline
Posted 8/29/11 , edited 8/29/11
I come here and think it's r9k sometimes. Are you guys okay with being socially awkward, do you make an effort to fit it. I'm not saying conform to something you are not but you are not as unique as you think you are. All you do is come off as edgy and as an angsty kid. Why set yourself apart from society like it's cool when humans are a social race? This is not a troll thread and this obviously does not apply to everybody. You know if you're who I'm talking about or you know the people I'm talking about.

Stuff like this




I'm jst a curious citizen here...

Oh!!!! w8 erm??? i'll say hi!!!! then ask him/her how is ur surgery sex organ transplant doing??
nyahhh...nyahhh...

lol..ok..i'll change wat i wrote..ok..its too evil and childish..nyahh!!!!
erm?? ok.. i'll smile and say hi!!! then walk away..nyahhaha..



You're not random, you're not funny, what goes through your mind at 18 writing this. Again I'm not trolling, just confused. As a psychology major I can't see why someone would embarrass and alienate themselves. I remember the kids back in high school that would run around with naruto headbands. This one narutard in particular would sit and play at an equally awkward yugiho (sp?) table where they all wore their naruto headbands doing hand signs and playing card games. Well they moved on to magic while the one originally mentioned kid was sick and when he sat down with yugiho card instead of magic they kicked him out of the group. He then spent his time running around lunch in a cape with a different headband? Why? I know some of their type are lurking here, Why do you try to be so different, it would be one thing if you were naturally like this, but its obvious how these people TRY to be different instead of being honest to themselves and look for self actualization or atleast be themself.

I usually keep my weeaboo comments to myself and don't attack people but this website is infested
Posted 8/29/11
This site does have a fairly young audience. My suggestion is to not hang with people who you don't like.

Also, did you just get out of the "rant" thread?
Posted 8/29/11
In real life, it's cool to fit in. On CR, it's cool to be a self-proclaimed weirdo. There you have it.
16096 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Daytona Beach
Offline
Posted 8/29/11 , edited 8/29/11
No, it was the what if you saw your Ex with someone else, thats why i thought it was awkward and beta. If it was a rant it would just be weird. But instead its an even weirder way to deal with a relationship.

I'm talking about real life as well. You see this in almost every anime club and atleast one MS-HS lunch table.
Posted 8/29/11 , edited 8/29/11

evenstar95 wrote:

In real life, it's cool to fit in. On CR, it's cool to be a self-proclaimed weirdo. There you have it.


Everybody has something about them that others consider "weird". That's without going out of your way to try and be weird. OP is correct in that you should just be yourself. That way the odd side of you is genuine.
Posted 8/29/11
Do you ever consider that they might be retarded or have some impaired mentality? Everyone has different lives and mentality on things, it better to ignore ppl you don't like and get on with your life
16096 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Daytona Beach
Offline
Posted 8/29/11 , edited 8/29/11
completely agree.

Different subject is when I see people use japanese loan words like kawaii and sugoi without knowing anything about the language is forced, awkward and annoying and it's usually done in groups where its accepted. You guys may think its cool and hater are gunna hate but it's truthfully pathetic. It's not genuine, its forced or else you would just be using english. Its very hard to be random and do it right, if you have to try you're doing it wrong and it's not cute.


TheModernDayZombie wrote:

Do you ever consider that they might be retarded or have some impaired mentality? Everyone has different lives and mentality on things, it better to ignore ppl you don't like and get on with your life


You realize it's even worse to assume someone is mentally handycapped because they're socially awkward. Even if they're mentally impaired without a disability such as anxiety (which I have) and depression, it doesn't mean they have to act a certain way.
Posted 8/29/11
As a psychology major you must realize your sudden ninja like appearance and your choice of words, your singling out of one poster
is a rather cold and egotistical thing to do,,,

Plus, while you are prancing about on your soapbox about Narutards with headbands and using your words like weapons,
try the extended discussions forum..

I am sure someone of your superior intelligence and obvious social charms will be welcomed there with open arms...

sometimes difference is good...and sometimes young people are so sad and badly bullied or treated so damn cruelly by
society they retreat to a world, whether it be Naruto or Narnia...where they feel SAFE.....

Like everyone here, your face is behind an avatar.....what are you hiding from?

the world can be a dragon......
16096 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Daytona Beach
Offline
Posted 8/29/11 , edited 8/29/11
Sorry for coming off that way and you're right, I did come off strong. I made an example of someone without the intention of singling them out and did so in the process. Nor did I ever mean to take out my soapbox or preach. Also the mention of my major wasn't to be pretentious, I just wanted to point out this is in my field of interest though I hold no degree or I would have said I am a psychologist. I didn't intend this to be malicious in any way. I also tried to change the name of the thread but can't so asked a mod to.

Part of what you say is the chicken and the egg. Are these people being bullied because they're socially awkward or are they socially awkward because they're bullied? I don't know but from what I've seen reguardless of before or after, in the moment they're being bullied because they're being awkward. I realize some people don't know how to handle situations but theres obvious ways not to handle situations.
Posted 8/29/11 , edited 8/29/11

Vicious176 wrote:


TheModernDayZombie wrote:

Do you ever consider that they might be retarded or have some impaired mentality? Everyone has different lives and mentality on things, it better to ignore ppl you don't like and get on with your life


You realize it's even worse to assume someone is mentally handycapped because they're socially awkward. Even if they're mentally impaired without a disability such as anxiety (which I have) and depression, it doesn't mean they have to act a certain way.


It could be a possibility... You don't rule out any possibilities if your going for a psychology major... Well if the world has a rule on how you should live out your life then I say this world has truly have nothing worthwhile... Let them be w/e the f they want to be (if it makes them happy then so be it), n who cares? it's not affecting your life in anyway... Also it'll make it a lot easier on finding out the people you want to associate with and the people you don't
Posted 8/29/11 , edited 8/29/11
The egg is a single cell....humans are not...

You do not pile pain on the painful nor pour gasoline on a raging fire...

there are too many youngyoungyoung ones who are suffering because of facebook, these type of forums, etc
they see themselves as less than others...

I see them as quite wonderful!

God bless the beasts and the children...

for some, this is HOME.

:)
Posted 8/29/11
I sit and wait.
Posted 8/29/11
I'm socially awkward because of my environment. Out in the country, never interacting with people that isn't my family. Only ever gone to school or briefly to town to be able to be around people. It doesn't help I have aspergers. I could try to validate my thought process, but something tell me that'd be meaningless. Look, don't judge the site because of tweenies or illiterate fans. CR is better than that.
16096 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Daytona Beach
Offline
Posted 8/29/11 , edited 8/29/11

TheModernDayZombie wrote:


Vicious176 wrote:

completely agree.

Different subject is when I see people use japanese loan words like kawaii and sugoi without knowing anything about the language is forced, awkward and annoying and it's usually done in groups where its accepted. You guys may think its cool and hater are gunna hate but it's truthfully pathetic. It's not genuine, its forced or else you would just be using english. Its very hard to be random and do it right, if you have to try you're doing it wrong and it's not cute.


TheModernDayZombie wrote:

Do you ever consider that they might be retarded or have some impaired mentality? Everyone has different lives and mentality on things, it better to ignore ppl you don't like and get on with your life


You realize it's even worse to assume someone is mentally handycapped because they're socially awkward. Even if they're mentally impaired without a disability such as anxiety (which I have) and depression, it doesn't mean they have to act a certain way.


It could be a possibility... You don't rule out any possibilities if your going for a psychology major... Well if the world has a rule on how you should live out your life then I say this world has truly have nothing worthwhile... Let them be w/e the f they want to be, n who cares, it's not effecting your life in anyway... Also it'll make it a lot easier on finding out the people you want to associate with and the people you don't


Just because it doesn't effect me directly doesn't mean I can't question it, though I don't assume they're retarded I'm not going to assume they have any condition without background knowledge or diagnosis, though I can understand considering it. it's not something you usually see in groups as a fad. However every fad, culture, counter-culture effects society in some way or another big or small.

Posted 8/29/11
One of my best friends is an Aspy...and I love him dearly////

Highly intelligent....beautiful in all ways...

I would fight to the death for him..
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.