I would like to know to exactly what extent is it ok on legal terms to share CR content. I have no idea what the laws are in either Japan or the US concerning such sharing.
The following are possible examples.
1) I watch premium content that is paid for by me, with my family, in the US.
2) I watch premium content that is paid for by me, with my friends, in the US.
3) I give my pw to a friend in the US, so he can watch premium content that is paid for by me.
4) I watch premium content that is paid for by me, in Japan, using a proxy/VPN with my family's internet network in the US. (I also have US citizenship)
5) I watch premium content that is paid for by me, with my friends, in Japan, using a proxy/VPN with my family's internet network in the US. (I also have US citizenship)
Though this probably doesn't matter, I pay more than 800$ a year to anime companies in somewhat shape or form. I am concerned more about the well being of the anime industry than the restriction of legalities.
If this can be answered as well:
What about sharing anime from official anime channels on nicovideo with my family in the US through a proxy/VPN?
Crunchyroll Terms of Service
Eligibility and Registration.
You are responsible for safeguarding and maintaining the confidentiality of your username, password and corresponding Crunchyroll account information. You agree not to disclose your password to anyone. You agree that you are entirely and solely responsible for any and all activities or actions that occur under your Crunchyroll account, whether or not you have authorized such activities or actions. You agree to immediately notify Crunchyroll of any unauthorized use of your username, password or Crunchyroll account.
According to the TOS, there's no rule about sharing your account (sans the password) as long as you authorize its use and take full responsibility. Except, I'm pretty sure I've seen mention somewhere on the forums that we are not suppose to do so...
And Crunchyroll generally frowns upon the use of proxy servers or VPN's in order to bypass the region restrictions.