First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Perceived cultural wackiness
85095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 9/27/11
I don't know.
notjzr 
43366 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 9/27/11

JoeSurf wrote:



Incessant squandering...



I suppose that is correct, so people please stick to topic.....and try not to distract me lol
notjzr 
43366 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 9/27/11

underlock wrote:


darkaap11 wrote:
to be so obsessed with a other country is just weird.


Correction: to be obsessed with any country, even your own, is weird.


Not to be confused with having curiosity of said countries

35796 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Stoke, England
Offline
Posted 9/28/11 , edited 9/28/11
In Czech Republic, Ireland, and Germany, alcohol is part of the culture. Awesome shit.
Posted 9/28/11
in the netherlands weed is part of the culture...
but i dont use it
Posted 9/28/11 , edited 9/28/11

steph1425 wrote:

i will never understand the Wapanese. Never.



In all honesty, how was his OP considered 'wapanese'? Taking an interest in another culture is perfectly fine. Watching japanese commune and watching their commercials is informative as well as an experience. I don't see him going around shouting 'baka nani sugoi!" or so such. Really, he just summarized and asked a question. Don't you think calling him Wapanese ib toh disproportionate as well as inaccurate?
35796 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Stoke, England
Offline
Posted 9/28/11 , edited 9/28/11

Lauriet wrote:


steph1425 wrote:

i will never understand the Wapanese. Never.



In all honesty, how was his OP considered 'wapanese'? Taking an interest in another culture is perfectly fine. Watching japanese commune and watching their commercials is informative as well as an experience. I don't see him going around shouting 'baka nani sugoi!" or so such. Really, he just summarized and asked a question. Don't you think calling him Wapanese ib toh disproportionate as well as inaccurate?


I don't think she was referring to him.
Posted 9/28/11

CarboKill wrote:


Lauriet wrote:


steph1425 wrote:

i will never understand the Wapanese. Never.



In all honesty, how was his OP considered 'wapanese'? Taking an interest in another culture is perfectly fine. Watching japanese commune and watching their commercials is informative as well as an experience. I don't see him going around shouting 'baka nani sugoi!" or so such. Really, he just summarized and asked a question. Don't you think calling him Wapanese ib toh disproportionate as well as inaccurate?


I don't think she was referring to him.


That would be the obvious person she would be referring to, then who was she referring to?
35796 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Stoke, England
Offline
Posted 9/28/11 , edited 9/28/11


The wapanese, of course. It was an answer to the thread's question, not a comment about that guy.
3361 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Anywhere you arn'...
Offline
Posted 9/28/11

Lauriet wrote:


CarboKill wrote:


Lauriet wrote:


steph1425 wrote:

i will never understand the Wapanese. Never.



In all honesty, how was his OP considered 'wapanese'? Taking an interest in another culture is perfectly fine. Watching japanese commune and watching their commercials is informative as well as an experience. I don't see him going around shouting 'baka nani sugoi!" or so such. Really, he just summarized and asked a question. Don't you think calling him Wapanese ib toh disproportionate as well as inaccurate?


I don't think she was referring to him.


That would be the obvious person she would be referring to, then who was she referring to?


Dude I was just answering the question about the thread. Don't spaz out Kay...
49290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / California
Offline
Posted 9/28/11
Americans have a reputation for being ignorant of the world outside their own country.

Rather then be offended by this stereotype, I chose to explore it. Truth is, I know very little about any cultures outside my own. In fact, a lack of perspective seems to have shown me that I have very little conscious knowledge of my OWN culture. I probably couldn't describe it to someone if they asked me about it since I wouldn't know where to start.

Now I've decided that I want to live and work abroad for a while to correct this glaring gap in my own identity. Naturally Japan is at the top of my list for countries I'd like to live in. Nothing like immersion to help you learn a language.

I guess the point of all that was to say this: Knowing how little I know, I'd hesitate to call anything "weird" before fully I understood the context in which it exists.

notjzr 
43366 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 9/29/11



That would be the obvious person she would be referring to, then who was she referring to?


I appreciate the defense, although it was unnecessary.
for those kinda situations the best response is the face.

notjzr 
43366 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 9/29/11



Dude I was just answering the question about the thread. Don't spaz out Kay...


^^ I cannot see her being mean....just saying

Posted 9/29/11
I will never understand the Western cultural preoccupation with embalming their dead, sticking them on a shelf in a mausoleum or in the ground with a headstone, taking up precious space that the living could use. It seems to further accentuate humanity's disconnect with the natural world, and an inability to move on.

People delude themselves into a sense of ownership and entitlement about their land and the molecules that make up their bodies, when this material we live on and what we're made of is really just cosmic stuff on temporary loan.

When I'm done, either cremate my ass, feed me to the sharks, or bury me as-is and plant a tree on top of me. Thank you.
17189 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 9/29/11
I don't understand how in some asian countries, it's okay to threaten a women to rape them as a joke....
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.