First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply Check out Crunchyroll's Back to School Special
21339 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / Key West, FL
Offline
Posted 9/30/11
i think it's a great idea. hopefully many students will take advantage. and still do their homework, lol

i love crunchy roll -- i still watch a lot of stuff from other sites -- but i like to help support the industry, and want to show the Japanese companies that the market for anime is getting stronger and stronger here in the USA.

i spend more time watching anime by far than I do watching mainstream US television.....
30025 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 9/30/11
So disappointed. I'm in pharmacy school and I get the link to the coupon code for the free trial. DENIED due to already having a free trial in the past. Way to disappoint students if they already had a free trial. Could have mentioned that in the beginning. I hope I don't get spam in my email account now.
53948 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 10/1/11
A back to school special, by giving out free trials for animu/dramo memberships for users to waste time instead of doing homework.

39803 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Arcadia
Offline
Posted 10/1/11
Awesome deal
41247 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/1/11
I don't have an email that ends with .edu that's bs. -___-
8895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / Gates of ....
Offline
Posted 10/1/11 , edited 10/1/11

kaamaru wrote:


sinnoaria wrote:


munchthis wrote:


CarboKill wrote:


LightHei wrote:
Well, looks like i'm still the only one who's going to watch Fairy Tail, Bleach and Naruto 1 hour after they air in japan


Sites other than CR sub them that fast sometimes.


those are just ripped videos from Crunchyroll with stolen subs.


There are sites that actually get them done before Crunchyroll does and are of comparable or better quality.


Yes, but those are illegal and don't help the anime industry. <_<. It your talking about AoD, it sucks like hell.


A few actually are still better (at least in subtitle quality) and of comparable video/sound quality.

And actually, they kind of do. A lot of anime and manga I buy (in fact all but like Kiddy Grade and Evangelion) I first see it subbed or otherwise translated, like it, and go buy three copies (rarely more or less) of it because I like it. A lot of those anime I would never have known if not for "illegal" subs. Many people who do the "illegal" subbing take their subs down when they are asked to anyhow (many take their subs down as soon as the anime is licensed in America even without being asked to).

Higurashi for example, I had like ten copies of the Geneon copies preordered (though I never got them-Geneon and F.Y.E. kinda....) (FYE "lost" a lot of my preorders and Geneon.... well, we all know about Geneon...)

I did after that order 3 more from funimation though and got those.

If I hadn't heard about Higurashi from subs, however, I would never have bothered.


Just saying, even if they don't help directly, they can still help indirectly by providing exposure. Oftentimes even if I do buy the official copies, I'll still use the subbed versions simply because I prefer said subs.
32913 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 10/1/11 , edited 10/1/11

sinnoaria wrote:


kaamaru wrote:


sinnoaria wrote:


munchthis wrote:


CarboKill wrote:


LightHei wrote:
Well, looks like i'm still the only one who's going to watch Fairy Tail, Bleach and Naruto 1 hour after they air in japan


Sites other than CR sub them that fast sometimes.


those are just ripped videos from Crunchyroll with stolen subs.


There are sites that actually get them done before Crunchyroll does and are of comparable or better quality.


Yes, but those are illegal and don't help the anime industry. <_<. It your talking about AoD, it sucks like hell.


A few actually are still better (at least in subtitle quality) and of comparable video/sound quality.

And actually, they kind of do. A lot of anime and manga I buy (in fact all but like Kiddy Grade and Evangelion) I first see it subbed or otherwise translated, like it, and go buy three copies (rarely more or less) of it because I like it. A lot of those anime I would never have known if not for "illegal" subs. Many people who do the "illegal" subbing take their subs down when they are asked to anyhow (many take their subs down as soon as the anime is licensed in America even without being asked to).

Higurashi for example, I had like ten copies of the Geneon copies preordered (though I never got them-Geneon and F.Y.E. kinda....) (FYE "lost" a lot of my preorders and Geneon.... well, we all know about Geneon...)

I did after that order 3 more from funimation though and got those.

If I hadn't heard about Higurashi from subs, however, I would never have bothered.


Just saying, even if they don't help directly, they can still help indirectly by providing exposure. Oftentimes even if I do buy the official copies, I'll still use the subbed versions simply because I prefer said subs.


Well, your right about quality. My toradora episodes from a torrent are far better quality then my DVDs. I would still say they do more damage then good though. I guess anime is directed at japanese people so it probably doesn't affect them too much.
31012 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 10/2/11
if only i was in collage
45488 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 10/2/11

munchthis wrote:


CarboKill wrote:


LightHei wrote:
Well, looks like i'm still the only one who's going to watch Fairy Tail, Bleach and Naruto 1 hour after they air in japan


Sites other than CR sub them that fast sometimes.


those are just ripped videos from Crunchyroll with stolen subs.


You mean... better subs!

77688 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25
Online
Posted 10/2/11

Allen750 wrote:


munchthis wrote:


CarboKill wrote:


LightHei wrote:
Well, looks like i'm still the only one who's going to watch Fairy Tail, Bleach and Naruto 1 hour after they air in japan


Sites other than CR sub them that fast sometimes.


those are just ripped videos from Crunchyroll with stolen subs.


You mean... better subs!



if the subs are the same word for word how can they be better?
35795 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Destiny Island
Offline
Posted 10/3/11
damn!!! wish i was in college!! xD
12023 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 10/6/11
I had to let go of my subscription for the school year but saw that if I took the student free trial that it would entertain my until classes start.

I have my .edu email, so is there any way I can take advantage of this?
Kareia 
4449 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Hawaii
Offline
Posted 10/6/11 , edited 10/6/11
Haha what???So not available for high schoolers??Daww~

Bummerz...I was so happy at first...
12023 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 10/6/11 , edited 10/6/11

Kareia wrote:

Haha what???So not available for high schoolers??Daww~

Bummerz...I was so happy at first...




It's interesting that you say that because when I was in high school they gave us a .edu email. I'm sure that I can't speak for your school and why you don't have one, but I just find it interesting that there's no one here who is in high school that can take advantage of this because the school didn't give them an email.

Kareia 
4449 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Hawaii
Offline
Posted 10/7/11

lemurballerina wrote:


Kareia wrote:

Haha what???So not available for high schoolers??Daww~

Bummerz...I was so happy at first...




It's interesting that you say that because when I was in high school they gave us a .edu email. I'm sure that I can't speak for your school and why you don't have one, but I just find it interesting that there's no one here who is in high school that can take advantage of this because the school didn't give them an email.



I know..it's unfortunate.We probably don't have one b/c we're in public school?And I'm guessing only private schoolers have .edu email?.We use our own e-mail for school.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.