First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Jesus Loves, Jesus Loves!!!
60602 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Behind you
Offline
Posted 9/30/11
People are getting trolled hard here. ^^


But because i will never waste an opportunity to point out the ridiculousness of the fact, that religion is still a part of modern society, i will comment.

Just about any evidence you would want for the fact, the claims made in all "holy" books are fallacious, are there. And if you have a question that has yet to have a been fully answered by science. Ask for evidence that your particular invisible friend is responsible.
And no, arguments like "It's true because it says so in my holy book (Written by barely literate peasants, a long ass time ago.) And whatever it says in my holy book is true, because it says so in the holy book!"
And no "Just go outside and look at nature. How can you say there is no god?" Does not work either. It's a non argument.

If it wasn't for the fact, that i know we still have human beings thick as body builder's protein shits. I'd swear that everyone simply believes in a god, because they are too lazy to seriously investigate the claims.
Unfortunately, I think it's a nice gooey mixture of both. Making religion a grade A clusterfuck soup of retarded champions.
Banana's, Crocoduck's, 6000 year old earth, magic and uneducated, uninformed, ridiculous nonsense, bullshit attacks on science these fools do not understand.


That is all. Have a nice day.
114162 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / in a world where...
Offline
Posted 9/30/11
yep......

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
- Stephen Roberts



Religion
n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable
The Devil's Dictionary - Ambrose Bierce



Faith is not wanting to know what is true
- Friedrich Nietzsche


66780 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Lagrange, KY
Offline
Posted 9/30/11
Jesus loves indeed
33131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 9/30/11 , edited 9/30/11


My bad... I was refreshing the third page... ^-^

In response: Atheism: What's there to believe? After all, what I see, is what I hear. But do you see the sun? Do you hear the wind? I think not...

EDIT: Oh, hey. Jesus as Hitler? Haha, how perversed right? Someone made out of Love by the invisible God in heaven? Dude... what part of omnipresent don't you understand? It is written, "Pray in secrecy, so that your Father in Heaven may reply in secret." ^-^

EDIT2: Am I a troll? Do I get under your skin? It can be hard to deal with all this. Otherwise, yall would bombard me with random stuff... lol Please, be patient with me as I am with you. As it is written, 2 Corinthians 3:3 ((And you show that you are a letter from Christ delivered by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone (paper) but on the tablets of human hearts.))
114162 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / in a world where...
Offline
Posted 9/30/11 , edited 9/30/11

JoeSurf wrote:



My bad... I was refreshing the third page... ^-^

In response: Atheism: What's there to believe? After all, what I see, is what I hear. But do you see the sun? Do you hear the wind? I think not...


wow... how dumb can you be? of course you can see the sun you may need special protection for your eyes but you can, and wind can be seen in a tornado or can otherwise felt
33131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 9/30/11


Of course you would say that. You are metaphorically 'blind'. ^-^

There is deeper meaning involved, but I won't do all the liftin... Ask, I will answer, state, I will answer again.

School: However, I gotsta go to school soon!!! >.<!!! So this service will have to end for the night. Ask, send me Private Messages, I don't mind, I will answer. Count on it. <3
49450 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F
Offline
Posted 9/30/11

JoeSurf wrote:



Blessed is he who is cursed in Jesus' name! Break free of the shackles of slavery, my friends!!!


I'm still confused!!! How am I shackled in slavery? Is it because I love and watch anime? God doesn't seem to have a problem with it; at least he has never tolled me so during my prayers.

114162 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / in a world where...
Offline
Posted 9/30/11

JoeSurf wrote:



Of course you would say that. You are metaphorically 'blind'. ^-^

There is deeper meaning involved, but I won't do all the liftin... Ask, I will answer, state, I will answer again.

School: However, I gotsta go to school soon!!! >.<!!! So this service will have to end for the night. Ask, send me Private Messages, I don't mind, I will answer. Count on it. <3


sorry but if you refuse to make sense i refuse to continue this charade

i'll leave you with: it's your god, it's your religion, so YOU go to hell
Posted 9/30/11
Do they have snow in hell? Frozen wastes? Please take me with you.
53343 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 9/30/11 , edited 9/30/11
I always wanted a debate with an Evangelical, Though it's kinda hard to hold back my dark side... I'll try and keep my questions and reasoning nice.

Umm... I have a theory about the interpretation of the scriptures that kills most of if not all of the contradictions of the Genesis chapters, which debunks the entire point of the baptism ritual... (the very rite of passage into Christianity).

I don't believe Adam and Eve are the father and mother of all humanity, by interpretation of genesis. I don't believe that garden paradise is part of the realm we call Earth per say as well... more a place closer to the creator. I believe that he cast them to the earth as human due to jealousy, that his 2 companions found themselves realizing they are different from the creator (I mean how would you act if one of your buddies who you always believed to be an equal to you, suddenly turned out to be someone amazingly superior to you, your ruler by point of fact... and vice-versa if you were that lonely ruler in want of a buddy). And as such within this realm with humans already living in it since they were made in chapter 1, I believe their family line ended with Cain and Able (the sons [no females detected] of Adam and Eve), one murdered and the other forced to wander bearing some sort of charm that blocked of all human interaction (see it even mentions in the scriptures that humans were already present there).

... anyway with this belief, we turn to baptism, the purpose of which is washing away "original sin"... if we are NOT descendants of Adam and Eve as I believe, then the so called "fall of man" did not ever happen... by all logic we have bugger all of this original sin within us from the start.

Well baptism is a crucial component of the entire christian religion, it's a baptist faith that Jesus himself adopted as his own... if he's wrong about that... well, what other blind faiths must I adhere to from him?

I also have questions about some of the miracles which make the religion sound like a cult following no matter how you read it... turning water to wine (luxurious...), Resurrecting the dead (isn't that dark and widely considered a taboo) ... Exorcising a demon from a living human (just the mention of that now days would set off alarm bells within social services, there are proper ways to deal with the mentally ill, in these modern times even in Christian societies this sort of exorcising stuff is considered taboo as well).


... I hope I didn't get too carried away there, I'm agnostic to a certain degree (to be honest pretty close to atheist but holding on to some hope), but I just cant bring myself to believe the christian religion for many reasons. I just wanted to know an evangelical's understanding of these beliefs are... I doubt I can be convinced, but give it a shot.

(darkness restraint notice: about 3 paragraphs worth of potential poison erased)


EDIT: Just an FYI, I'm taking advantage of this thread to post this as usually when I find an evangelical to ask this stuff to and work my way to directing the conversation to this topic... well usually if they sense any form of debate they get all moody and strop off. this is a good opportunity to finally get some reactions
35796 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Stoke, England
Offline
Posted 9/30/11
I have a big fat nigga penis.
8724 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / kittens ♥
Offline
Posted 9/30/11

CarboKill wrote:

I have a big fat nigga penis.



66075 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Second Star to th...
Offline
Posted 9/30/11 , edited 9/30/11
This is Ridiculous. ROFL.
28941 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / California
Offline
Posted 9/30/11

mvirgilio wrote:

I always wanted a debate with an Evangelical, Though it's kinda hard to hold back my dark side... I'll try and keep my questions and reasoning nice.

Umm... I have a theory about the interpretation of the scriptures that kills most of if not all of the contradictions of the Genesis chapters, which debunks the entire point of the baptism ritual... (the very rite of passage into Christianity).

I don't believe Adam and Eve are the father and mother of all humanity, by interpretation of genesis. I don't believe that garden paradise is part of the realm we call Earth per say as well... more a place closer to the creator. I believe that he cast them to the earth as human due to jealousy, that his 2 companions found themselves realizing they are different from the creator (I mean how would you act if one of your buddies who you always believed to be an equal to you, suddenly turned out to be someone amazingly superior to you, your ruler by point of fact... and vice-versa if you were that lonely ruler in want of a buddy). And as such within this realm with humans already living in it since they were made in chapter 1, I believe their family line ended with Cain and Able (the sons [no females detected] of Adam and Eve), one murdered and the other forced to wander bearing some sort of charm that blocked of all human interaction (see it even mentions in the scriptures that humans were already present there).

... anyway with this belief, we turn to baptism, the purpose of which is washing away "original sin"... if we are NOT descendants of Adam and Eve as I believe, then the so called "fall of man" did not ever happen... by all logic we have bugger all of this original sin within us from the start.

Well baptism is a crucial component of the entire christian religion, it's a baptist faith that Jesus himself adopted as his own... if he's wrong about that... well, what other blind faiths must I adhere to from him?

I also have questions about some of the miracles which make the religion sound like a cult following no matter how you read it... turning water to wine (luxurious...), Resurrecting the dead (isn't that dark and widely considered a taboo) ... Exorcising a demon from a living human (just the mention of that now days would set off alarm bells within social services, there are proper ways to deal with the mentally ill, in these modern times even in Christian societies this sort of exorcising stuff is considered taboo as well).


... I hope I didn't get too carried away there, I'm agnostic to a certain degree (to be honest pretty close to atheist but holding on to some hope), but I just cant bring myself to believe the christian religion for many reasons. I just wanted to know an evangelical's understanding of these beliefs are... I doubt I can be convinced, but give it a shot.

(darkness restraint notice: about 3 paragraphs worth of potential poison erased)


EDIT: Just an FYI, I'm taking advantage of this thread to post this as usually when I find an evangelical to ask this stuff to and work my way to directing the conversation to this topic... well usually if they sense any form of debate they get all moody and strop off. this is a good opportunity to finally get some reactions


Whats funny is you put in all this effort and he will just come back with 3-4 lines of vague nonsense and will be like "I WON CUZ BIBLE SAID SO!!!!"
Posted 9/30/11
Okayyy....try nt to shove ur beliefs down ppls throats...
I'm the type who dosen't give a shiz wot other ppls religions are. I only care about what i believe. sry.
done.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.