First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Manga!
Member
90 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Tiii-IEX-xas (Texas)
Offline
Posted 10/20/11 , edited 10/20/11

TatsukiTakatsuki wrote:


LordofHearts wrote:

I speak of this contest. You don't even check the front page, do you? Because it was there a week or so ago.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-736470/comipo-manga-creation-software-contest


Of course I don't check the front page. This site is shit. The only reason I even come here is for this forum right here.
Oh well, it's for the full version and, well... I HAVE the full version...


Gee...that seems quite disrespectful to Crunchyroll, which has made this forum possible to encourage others. If you're not here to be encouraging and helpful, then you obviously have no business being here...and on top of that, you're giving a bad rap about your conceited view of this site....Yeah, No thankyou.

I'M] certainly thankful that Crunchyroll introduced me to many new shows, and I don't appreciate you coming here to harass others who are also appreciative. So, you can be excused to go somewhere else.

Banned
547 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F
Offline
Posted 10/21/11

eeveetron wrote:

this forum is a part of what you call a shitty website.
if you think this site is shit, why are you here in the first place?


Because this is the largest concentration of English speaking ComiPo users.


KrimsonGray wrote:


TatsukiTakatsuki wrote:


LordofHearts wrote:

I speak of this contest. You don't even check the front page, do you? Because it was there a week or so ago.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-736470/comipo-manga-creation-software-contest


Of course I don't check the front page. This site is shit. The only reason I even come here is for this forum right here.
Oh well, it's for the full version and, well... I HAVE the full version...


Ok we get the point. You hate everything and everyone. Good for you. Keep trolling.




Oh that's not true, I like lots of things.


p1casso123 wrote:


TatsukiTakatsuki wrote:


LordofHearts wrote:

I speak of this contest. You don't even check the front page, do you? Because it was there a week or so ago.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-736470/comipo-manga-creation-software-contest


Of course I don't check the front page. This site is shit. The only reason I even come here is for this forum right here.
Oh well, it's for the full version and, well... I HAVE the full version...


Gee...that seems quite disrespectful to Crunchyroll, which has made this forum possible to encourage others. If you're not here to be encouraging and helpful, then you obviously have no business being here...and on top of that, you're giving a bad rap about your conceited view of this site....Yeah, No thankyou.

I'M] certainly thankful that Crunchyroll introduced me to many new shows, and I don't appreciate you coming here to harass others who are also appreciative. So, you can be excused to go somewhere else.




Crunchyroll is killing the English anime industry. They don't deserve my respect.
Member
90 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Tiii-IEX-xas (Texas)
Offline
Posted 10/21/11

TatsukiTakatsuki

.


p1casso123 wrote:


TatsukiTakatsuki wrote:


LordofHearts wrote:

I speak of this contest. You don't even check the front page, do you? Because it was there a week or so ago.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-736470/comipo-manga-creation-software-contest


Of course I don't check the front page. This site is shit. The only reason I even come here is for this forum right here.
Oh well, it's for the full version and, well... I HAVE the full version...


Gee...that seems quite disrespectful to Crunchyroll, which has made this forum possible to encourage others. If you're not here to be encouraging and helpful, then you obviously have no business being here...and on top of that, you're giving a bad rap about your conceited view of this site....Yeah, No thankyou.

I'M] certainly thankful that Crunchyroll introduced me to many new shows, and I don't appreciate you coming here to harass others who are also appreciative. So, you can be excused to go somewhere else.




Crunchyroll is killing the English anime industry. They don't deserve my respect.


Tatsuki, Just because crunchyroll airs the shows to us prior to the english anime industry being able to purchase the title doesn't alter the fact that i genuinely enjoy a show...in fact, that encourages me to invest my attention into that show in the future when I'd like to purchase it in the U.S. But hey, crunchyroll wouldn't want your respect nor does it need it.... There. Done. End of story. Now drop the attitude...if you can't interact respectfully with others, then you don't deserve our feedback.



Since this is a thread's purpose is to display your manga...(and NOT debating ring) ...Here is a halloween comic i did for the hell of it

http://www.crunchyroll.com/showphoto?id=4308127163
Banned
547 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F
Offline
Posted 10/21/11

p1casso123 wrote:


TatsukiTakatsuki

.


p1casso123 wrote:


TatsukiTakatsuki wrote:


LordofHearts wrote:

I speak of this contest. You don't even check the front page, do you? Because it was there a week or so ago.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-736470/comipo-manga-creation-software-contest


Of course I don't check the front page. This site is shit. The only reason I even come here is for this forum right here.
Oh well, it's for the full version and, well... I HAVE the full version...


Gee...that seems quite disrespectful to Crunchyroll, which has made this forum possible to encourage others. If you're not here to be encouraging and helpful, then you obviously have no business being here...and on top of that, you're giving a bad rap about your conceited view of this site....Yeah, No thankyou.

I'M] certainly thankful that Crunchyroll introduced me to many new shows, and I don't appreciate you coming here to harass others who are also appreciative. So, you can be excused to go somewhere else.




Crunchyroll is killing the English anime industry. They don't deserve my respect.


Tatsuki, Just because crunchyroll airs the shows to us prior to the english anime industry being able to purchase the title doesn't alter the fact that i genuinely enjoy a show...in fact, that encourages me to invest my attention into that show in the future when I'd like to purchase it in the U.S. But hey, crunchyroll wouldn't want your respect nor does it need it.... There. Done. End of story. Now drop the attitude...if you can't interact respectfully with others, then you don't deserve our feedback.



Since this is a thread's purpose is to display your manga...(and NOT debating ring) ...Here is a halloween comic i did for the hell of it

http://www.crunchyroll.com/showphoto?id=4308127163


...That's exactly the problem...
Crunchyroll releases subtitled anime (usually of poor to average quality) as soon as they air in Japan.
When there is a free (for lower quality) or cheap (for high quality) way to get your Anime, what incentive do companies like Funi and Viz have to release DVDs/Blu Rays over a year after they air in Japan? A good majority of the English Anime community are subtitle elitists (I myself enjoy a good dub from time to time), so many of them don't care if the companies release a dub, so they wouldn't buy their disc releases since they can get roughly the same quality on Crunchyroll for much cheaper.

But this also screws people who want dubs, because if a company is losing money overall because Crunchyroll is catching all the sub-watchers, even if the company wants to release the disc in the US, they can't afford to produce a dub, or at the very least, a good dub with high profile voice actors. This is why you see all these newer series like K-ON, Madoka Magica and Ika Musume getting dubs with people who have never worked in voice acting before, because the companies can't afford the likes of Crispin Freeman or Steve Blum (not that the two of them really have a role in any of those 3 shows, but you get the point).

So yes, CR IS killing the Anime industry, if indirectly.
Member
680 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/21/11
We're arguing too much about this, but I want to say something in my perspective...maybe I won't make sense

Crunchyroll isn't the only one who releases subtitled anime as soon as they air in Japan. There's a site called Hulu, and many other anime streaming sites out there for free or cheap. So you shouldn't say that CR is killing the Anime industry when everyone else is too. Yeah, I do love English dubs too and watch it, but I also love the Japanese dub, the original (+english-sub). After all, it IS "anime."

Of course Funimation and Viz still do get some anime to release on DVD, and I actually still buy them even though I've watched them online. Viz doesn't get all the anime from CR though. For example, yeah I love the anime Gintama and I'm pretty sure it won't be dubbed in English. No, really sure. That's why I stay here to watch it. Plus, it won't look good in English to be honest, and that's how some other anime are too.

By the way, DVD/Blu-Ray have actually wayyy better quality than CR. Just saying. Not that I hate CR too.

CR isn't killing the anime industry. Well, if you think it still is, it's NOT the ONLY ONE killing the anime industry either.

Anyway, this is a manga forum, here's one Gintama fan comic I made! :D
http://www.crunchyroll.com/showphoto?id=4308110617
Banned
547 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F
Offline
Posted 10/21/11

eeveetron wrote:

We're arguing too much about this, but I want to say something in my perspective...maybe I won't make sense

Crunchyroll isn't the only one who releases subtitled anime as soon as they air in Japan. There's a site called Hulu, and many other anime streaming sites out there for free or cheap. So you shouldn't say that CR is killing the Anime industry when everyone else is too. Yeah, I do love English dubs too and watch it, but I also love the Japanese dub, the original (+english-sub). After all, it IS "anime."

Of course Funimation and Viz still do get some anime to release on DVD, and I actually still buy them even though I've watched them online. Viz doesn't get all the anime from CR though. For example, yeah I love the anime Gintama and I'm pretty sure it won't be dubbed in English. No, really sure. That's why I stay here to watch it. Plus, it won't look good in English to be honest, and that's how some other anime are too.

By the way, DVD/Blu-Ray have actually wayyy better quality than CR. Just saying. Not that I hate CR too.

CR isn't killing the anime industry. Well, if you think it still is, it's NOT the ONLY ONE killing the anime industry either.

Anyway, this is a manga forum, here's one Gintama fan comic I made! :D
http://www.crunchyroll.com/showphoto?id=4308110617


I never said that CR was the only streaming site killing Anime.
Member
2398 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 10/21/11
Why won't Gintama look good in English?

Just wondering what the language have to do with the look of the anime.

Member
680 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/21/11
about Gintama...
xD i didn't mean to say "look"
i meant to say "sound."
as a Gintama fan, in my opinion, it's best to watch Gintama as a whole
but you can think what you all want. it's just my opinion

ok everyone. let's all talk about and post comipo! manga again >_<;

Member
45441 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / Calgary
Offline
Posted 10/21/11
I'm all for staying on topic. Nothing new to show yet, but that's because I am wrapping my head around MikuMikuDance and 3D Custom Girl.
215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 10/21/11

KrimsonGray wrote:

I'm all for staying on topic. Nothing new to show yet, but that's because I am wrapping my head around MikuMikuDance and 3D Custom Girl.


Where does one get 3D Custom Girl, btw?
I'm finding a lot of my manga's scenes limited because of the clothing and poses that AREN'T available with Comipo.
Member
680 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/22/11
hold on peoples..!

on a different forum, two people said they didn't win in the contest.
i was wondering HOW they found out!
i know we were told that the finalists are supposed to be listed. we have to vote for five people, but we never did!
did they list the 10 finalists somewhere else? if there's anyone who knows, please say where those 10 are listed!

two people on the last page of this forum said they didn't win...
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-736470/comipo-manga-creation-software-contest?pg=3#38202935
Member
26033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 10/22/11
I saw that and just assumed they thought they didn't win because they hadn't heard anything back. I haven't seen any mention of the contest anywhere and I've been checking constantly for days. So I honestly don't know. I do wish they would say something. The suspense is killing me.
Member
680 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/22/11 , edited 10/22/11
haha yeah thought so ;P
comipo did say that we're supposed to know this week. it's almost the end of the week now.
i wonder how we're going to vote too. lolol >_<
Member
26033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 10/22/11
Yeah, from what I understood, they said in their contest post they would announce the finalists a week from the start of the contest, which would have been Monday. I figured they had more entries than expected and it was taking longer to choose. Then PatrickCRNews mentioned in another thread that the finalists would be revealed yesterday. Still nothing. I'm trying really hard not to be impatient, but it's so hard!
Member
680 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/22/11
hmm i actually kind of understand them. it's hard to choose the comics that are made here. there are quite a lot too. when i first heard about it, i thought...

deadline for turning in manga: oct 17
deciding the top 10: the week of the 17th
voting: oct 24
decision: oct 31

that's what i thought in the beginning,
but yeah, i'm getting really impatient now too haha >w<
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.