Subtitle size
nhat11 
53023 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37
Offline
Posted 10/8/11
The TV is sitting in a big room and its VERY hard to see the subtitles from a distance. Anyway to make the subtitles bigger? I think this is a big advantage over other websites if you have this option especially since I'm paying for a subscription here.
88479 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Online
Posted 10/8/11 , edited 10/9/11
You should point out the series your having problems with, as different series have different sizes.

If anything I would actually prefer subs to be smaller for the majority of series (Especially Working 2 and the recent episodes of Gintama, which are way larger than other series on this site).

Rather than having bigger subtitles, I think making them bolder would look much better while also making them more readable. Something similar to Bleach's style would be nice. Another method would be having thicker and colored borders (like Fairy Tail, Sket Dance etc).
nhat11 
53023 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37
Offline
Posted 10/11/11

llamaben wrote:

You should point out the series your having problems with, as different series have different sizes.

If anything I would actually prefer subs to be smaller for the majority of series (Especially Working 2 and the recent episodes of Gintama, which are way larger than other series on this site).

Rather than having bigger subtitles, I think making them bolder would look much better while also making them more readable. Something similar to Bleach's style would be nice. Another method would be having thicker and colored borders (like Fairy Tail, Sket Dance etc).


It's any series. Really I don't have the greatest of vision when sitting from a distance especially in my living room. I just need an option to select Font size.

Also my mom watches those Korean dramas and she has a hard time seeing the font too.
49355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M/F - Michigan
Offline
Posted 10/17/11
Those Korean dramas are the worst! The use small white font on top of all the other text that is sometimes on the screen, and they mash them together so that the whole dialogue of one person speaking is in one paragraph. And the translation for one of them that I was watching was so awful I couldnt continue watching it!

As for the anime, CR (if they are the ones doing it) should take a cue from the fansubbers and either do a white font with coloured borders, or coloured fonts that stand out from the screen (besides yellow).
88479 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Online
Posted 10/17/11 , edited 10/17/11

kitsuneshoujo wrote:

As for the anime, CR (if they are the ones doing it) should take a cue from the fansubbers and either do a white font with coloured borders, or coloured fonts that stand out from the screen (besides yellow).


Colored fonts are nice when they're done right, but they also look terrible when they're done wrong. For example, CR's purple subs on Otome Youkai Zakuro look really good (they are track 2), but Wagnaria S2's orange subs were almost as bad as yellow subs (thankfully they were changed)...

I think it's best to stay with white and colored borders, unless a competent person is in charge of the colors. If using colored subs, having a white version as an alternative track (like with OYZ) is also a good idea for the people who don't like it.

Back on topic, the idea able to have the option to make them larger sounds pretty useful. I'd like an option that makes them smaller too. Perhaps even a feature that allows a user to pick a certain font style/size/color in their options, and then have a choice to use either the style that comes with the video or the style that they set on their own.
58151 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / PA.
Offline
Posted 10/23/11 , edited 10/24/11
Just want to say whoever is doing the sub fonts on Mashiroiro Symphony... they are, by far, the best of any currently running series on CR. Very easy to read while relaxing in front of the TV and the light blue shadow that the subs sit upon helps them stand out without being obtrusive to the show.

This is from viewing the anime on the Roku.
88479 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Online
Posted 10/25/11

Endosanity wrote:

Just want to say whoever is doing the sub fonts on Mashiroiro Symphony... they are, by far, the best of any currently running series on CR. Very easy to read while relaxing in front of the TV and the light blue shadow that the subs sit upon helps them stand out without being obtrusive to the show.

This is from viewing the anime on the Roku.
From a computer screen, I think it would look much better if the font was a few sizes smaller, but other than that they look nice.

With so many different viewing methods available there really is a need for users to be able to adjust sub sizes for themselves...
Kiki's Customer Support Service
Kiki 
100408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Nova Scotia
Offline
Posted 6/7/13
We revamped the forums. All the old site/support threads will be locked. Please use the new Help Forum Category.

~Locked
You must be logged in to post.