First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Is the online pass bad for gaming?
Posted 10/13/11



Ok.. I've read this.. like 5 times..


WHAT THE FUCK????

You drop a hypothetical, a crap one at that. Then propose that it will destroy console gaming with everyone quitting? Then.. I don't know where the hell you go with the $$ point but I really don't think gamers are that poor.


Do you support the online pass?


What online pass???



Edit: I dunno? I guess you're upset that download content doesn't get transferred with used game? Seems you're also misunderstanding that secondhand sales in games stops etc generates ZERO income for publishers/devs.


Your comment is incomprehensible.

Did you even click the link? Well, I guess not, I did say if you're too lazy, to skip to there text highlighted in red...

The Online pass is to cut content from online, Not DLC, You cannot access or use any game's online functions if you do not pay for a code.

And just like I stated above.....

I don't care if publishers or developers don't get any money from used game sales, they shouldn't get any money.

Here's Why...

No industry gets profit from second hand sales, the video game industry isn't special, Toyota doesn't get money from used cars sold, Dell doesn't get any money on used computers sold.

Apple doesn't see profit from people selling their iPhones.

You can't profit off of something already sold.

ALL those used copies at Gamestop were once new(As much people who hate gamestop don't wanna believe), Microsoft got their $$$ From the Halo: Reach that's sitting on the shelf with a used sticker.

Every game that was used was new, they got their 60$ dollars already, they can't get upset and try to make more profit off of something they already sold.

If I said. "Hey Shinji! I love your website Crunchyroll so I made you this necklace!". Then he decided. "Dang! He made the necklace pink..... I'll sell it to that cutie over there.".

After he sales the necklace, I can't run and up and demand my share of his profit. I gave him the necklace, it's his now, I can't force him to give me 20$ every time someone wants to wear it around their neck.

Not only is this stupid, also an economy crushing tactic.

Just think...

If from now on, every time someone sales anything, they have to pay the people of where they got it from, If Apple sold me a iPhone 4S, and I sold it to my sister, and my sister sold it too my brother, and my brother sold it to his friend, and his friend sold it too his dad, and his dad sold it too his boss, and his boss sold it too his son, and his son sold it too a College student.

And that ONE college student had to pay all those people/companies 10$ each, that would be horrible and the economy would suffer a crash since used cars, houses, electronics are everywhere,

And they would pretty much end America because even though the gaming industry has been around since 1958, and survived well since then, some companies are getting a little too greedy and couldn't resist charging more money for something they already profited from.

Sounds like an ideal world, don't you think?

And just to change the game on this argument, shouldn't these game companies be paying the Computer engineers since they're reselling their motherboards, ram, processors and so forth?

Doesn't this sound like a future everyone's dreamed of?
47940 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / PA
Offline
Posted 10/13/11
To take a quote from the article that you yourself posted
"All in all the online pass is nothing more than the developers trying to get compensation for all their hard work, which is rightfully deserved."

Much like Dyme pointed out you are paying for their online. Just because Sony allows you to play online for free do you think all the server fees, people who do the updates and hotfixes, etc just magically disappear. I for one think its more then fair. If you only care about the game they put out then fine buy it used or whatever. However if you want to play something that they have to continually monitor and pay for then yes you should be required to give them something even if you are not buying the game new.

You want Sony to go under? Really. It's hard to speak to someone reasonably when they are so far off the deep end. If businesses making games bothers you create your own. It takes developers multiple years with dozens upon dozens of people to give you games like Uncharted 3. And all those people want to be payed for their jobs. If it makes you happy Sony hasn't been making a profit off its video game portion for a while now. Electronic sales, tvs in particular, are helping them stay in the positive.
Posted 10/13/11

Muppe wrote:

My name ain´t Ernie, but I am always disappointed when I start a new game just to find out that there is no hentai in it. Like GT5, oh how I cried when I found out that it was a cargame... guess the box seldom lies. :P

But on toward the subject, which is an old one.
You see, everyone in the game industry, or any industry for that matter, is greedy. They all seek to make as much money as possible, in as short time as possible. And they really do not care what we think about this, as long as enough people pay then they will keep doing this.
Gamestop will still make the sell, the publisher will earn money on a simple code. The one to pay, well that is us.

Personally I almost always buy new, mostly becouse the local Gamestop sell their used games for almost the same as a new game.


Like I already stated,

Gamestop is not the only way to get used games.

Am I supposed to believe no one's friends or family members give them games? That when you go to block buster to rent a game, its not already been played?

Am I really supposed to believe charging money for something you already made profit from is a good idea?

Let me say something....

Hell no, I wish everyone would realize Gamestop isn't that bad, they give you the right to sell your game..... Horrible right? That's the worst thing a company can do, give you rights and options, it's so terrible that gamestop gives you money for games you sell.....

I don't like Gamestop, but it's an intelligent way to stop the great video game crash from 1988.

When you don't like it, don't throw it into a landfill, you sell it, and let someone who likes it play it. It seems everyone forgot a simple saying.


One man's trash, is another mans treasure."


It surprises me how fast people are to sell their rights off too support a greedy industry.
85095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 10/13/11
I do both. I love playing xbox live. Not a fan of PS3. I always paid $50 bucks for Live.
Posted 10/13/11

chutzpah2930 wrote:

To take a quote from the article that you yourself posted
"All in all the online pass is nothing more than the developers trying to get compensation for all their hard work, which is rightfully deserved."

Much like Dyme pointed out you are paying for their online. Just because Sony allows you to play online for free do you think all the server fees, people who do the updates and hotfixes, etc just magically disappear. I for one think its more then fair. If you only care about the game they put out then fine buy it used or whatever. However if you want to play something that they have to continually monitor and pay for then yes you should be required to give them something even if you are not buying the game new.

You want Sony to go under? Really. It's hard to speak to someone reasonably when they are so far off the deep end. If businesses making games bothers you create your own. It takes developers multiple years with dozens upon dozens of people to give you games like Uncharted 3. And all those people want to be payed for their jobs. If it makes you happy Sony hasn't been making a profit off its video game portion for a while now. Electronic sales, tvs in particular, are helping them stay in the positive.


You're making an assumption off something you don't know much about(Obviously). And FYI, I'm a programmer who does make video games ;).

I think you're letting your affinity for Sony influence your comment, I'm not saying you're some deranged fanboy, but take in the facts of business and laws.

Assumptions don't get you anywhere as I never said video games bother me, how about if you love Sony making so much money, why don't you donate paychecks to them?

If I purchased a necklace from you, it's mine right? I don't have a fee of putting it around someone else neck do I?

If you're supporting this because you think it'll lead to more Sony games, it's a bit biased...

If you're supporting this because you buy all your games new... you're very biased, and apparently selfish, do not take offense.

It's very biased to support something just because it doesn't affect you but other people who aren't you.

Have you sold something before? Surely you have, did you make sure the manufactuerer got their cut? Probably not.
Muppe 
61432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 10/13/11

Aero-Mach wrote:
Gamestop is not the only way to get used games.

Am I supposed to believe no one's friends or family members give them games? That when you go to block buster to rent a game, its not already been played?

Am I really supposed to believe charging money for something you already made profit from is a good idea?

Let me say something....

Hell no, I wish everyone would realize Gamestop isn't that bad, they give you the right to sell your game..... Horrible right? That's the worst thing a company can do, give you rights and options, it's so terrible that gamestop gives you money for games you sell.....

I don't like Gamestop, but it's an intelligent way to stop the great video game crash from 1988.

When you don't like it, don't throw it into a landfill, you sell it, and let someone who likes it play it. It seems everyone forgot a simple saying.


One man's trash, is another mans treasure."


It surprises me how fast people are to sell their rights off too support a greedy industry.


Err... where I live Gamestop is the only store that sell used games. Also no place that rents game... and noone buys games for me. Should I crawl into a corner and cry now?
And from the publishers point of view, it is a great idea. Why else would they do this?
47940 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / PA
Offline
Posted 10/13/11

Aero-Mach wrote:


chutzpah2930 wrote:

To take a quote from the article that you yourself posted
"All in all the online pass is nothing more than the developers trying to get compensation for all their hard work, which is rightfully deserved."

Much like Dyme pointed out you are paying for their online. Just because Sony allows you to play online for free do you think all the server fees, people who do the updates and hotfixes, etc just magically disappear. I for one think its more then fair. If you only care about the game they put out then fine buy it used or whatever. However if you want to play something that they have to continually monitor and pay for then yes you should be required to give them something even if you are not buying the game new.

You want Sony to go under? Really. It's hard to speak to someone reasonably when they are so far off the deep end. If businesses making games bothers you create your own. It takes developers multiple years with dozens upon dozens of people to give you games like Uncharted 3. And all those people want to be payed for their jobs. If it makes you happy Sony hasn't been making a profit off its video game portion for a while now. Electronic sales, tvs in particular, are helping them stay in the positive.


You're making an assumption off something you don't know much about(Obviously). And FYI, I'm a programmer who does make video games ;).

I think you're letting your affinity for Sony influence your comment, I'm not saying you're some deranged fanboy, but take in the facts of business and laws.

Assumptions don't get you anywhere as I never said video games bother me, how about if you love Sony making so much money, why don't you donate paychecks to them?

If I purchased a necklace from you, it's mine right? I don't have a fee of putting it around someone else neck do I?

If you're supporting this because you think it'll lead to more Sony games, it's a bit biased...

If you're supporting this because you buy all your games new... you're very biased, and apparently selfish, do not take offense.

It's very biased to support something just because it doesn't affect you but other people who aren't you.

Have you sold something before? Surely you have, did you make sure the manufactuerer got their cut? Probably not.


You make video games? Give me a name of one that you've made and show me where I can find your name in the credits.

Furthermore you are ignoring what I'm saying and instead calling me a fanboy to try and prove a broken point of yours. I bought a used necklace. Sure it's yours do with as you will. Do you want to get it resocketed by the company? Pay up. You buy Halo Reach(an example you used above) want to play online? Pay for Xbox Live. You buy an Iphone(see your post above) want to call someone? Pay for a plan. The simple fact is if you want to play whats on the disc an online pass does not effect you. If you want to continue to do something that requires the company to put up their money then you will have to put up yours.
Posted 10/13/11

Muppe wrote:


Aero-Mach wrote:
Gamestop is not the only way to get used games.

Am I supposed to believe no one's friends or family members give them games? That when you go to block buster to rent a game, its not already been played?

Am I really supposed to believe charging money for something you already made profit from is a good idea?

Let me say something....

Hell no, I wish everyone would realize Gamestop isn't that bad, they give you the right to sell your game..... Horrible right? That's the worst thing a company can do, give you rights and options, it's so terrible that gamestop gives you money for games you sell.....

I don't like Gamestop, but it's an intelligent way to stop the great video game crash from 1988.

When you don't like it, don't throw it into a landfill, you sell it, and let someone who likes it play it. It seems everyone forgot a simple saying.


One man's trash, is another mans treasure."


It surprises me how fast people are to sell their rights off too support a greedy industry.


Err... where I live Gamestop is the only store that sell used games. Also no place that rents game... and noone buys games for me. Should I crawl into a corner and cry now?
And from the publishers point of view, it is a great idea. Why else would they do this?


Maybe you should because you live in the middle of nowhere..... [/joke]

Netflix had just added games to their DVD rentals, Gamefly will ship you games, your friends let you burrow games, you let your friends burrow your games, sometimes you have more than one system and when you put it in another system, you don't wanna pay again.

Sometimes your console breaks and you get another, and then you have to pay again.... and again... and well.... again?

Sometimes you wanna throw a LAN party, better not get the copies mixed up.

And it's still a bad idea, just because they can't buy it used, doesn't mean they're going to pay for it new.

Some people don't have the resources, I have a friend who is a single father of 2 kids, if he wants to save moeny, he'll buy used games, and I'm pretty sure me, you and not even Sony will tell him otherwise...
39187 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 10/13/11

Aero-Mach wrote:


chutzpah2930 wrote:

To take a quote from the article that you yourself posted
"All in all the online pass is nothing more than the developers trying to get compensation for all their hard work, which is rightfully deserved."

Much like Dyme pointed out you are paying for their online. Just because Sony allows you to play online for free do you think all the server fees, people who do the updates and hotfixes, etc just magically disappear. I for one think its more then fair. If you only care about the game they put out then fine buy it used or whatever. However if you want to play something that they have to continually monitor and pay for then yes you should be required to give them something even if you are not buying the game new.

You want Sony to go under? Really. It's hard to speak to someone reasonably when they are so far off the deep end. If businesses making games bothers you create your own. It takes developers multiple years with dozens upon dozens of people to give you games like Uncharted 3. And all those people want to be payed for their jobs. If it makes you happy Sony hasn't been making a profit off its video game portion for a while now. Electronic sales, tvs in particular, are helping them stay in the positive.


You're making an assumption off something you don't know much about(Obviously). And FYI, I'm a programmer who does make video games ;).

I think you're letting your affinity for Sony influence your comment, I'm not saying you're some deranged fanboy, but take in the facts of business and laws.

Assumptions don't get you anywhere as I never said video games bother me, how about if you love Sony making so much money, why don't you donate paychecks to them?

If I purchased a necklace from you, it's mine right? I don't have a fee of putting it around someone else neck do I?

If you're supporting this because you think it'll lead to more Sony games, it's a bit biased...

If you're supporting this because you buy all your games new... you're very biased, and apparently selfish, do not take offense.

It's very biased to support something just because it doesn't affect you but other people who aren't you.

Have you sold something before? Surely you have, did you make sure the manufactuerer got their cut? Probably not.


If your a programmer for a videogame you should know that you get payed for your job but unless the game is profitable you wont be making anymore games. What if Naughty Dog's uncharted wasnt a profitable game to make? sure the programmers would get payed for their work but chances are they wont be working on another uncharted. The studio could also go bankrupt and disappear. Its sucks that you cant give your game away to a friend, you can blame gamestop and other rental services for taking such a huge chunk out of sales and making sony/others implement the online pass. You still own the game, its all yours but sony can refuse to provide you their online services if you dont have an online pass.
Gamestop isnt great for letting you sell their games, infact they rip you off and your better off selling the game yourself through a free ad service like craigslist or kijiji.

Also the guy you quoted and I use sony because they are the most well known, not because were fanboys
Posted 10/13/11

chutzpah2930 wrote:


Aero-Mach wrote:


chutzpah2930 wrote:

To take a quote from the article that you yourself posted
"All in all the online pass is nothing more than the developers trying to get compensation for all their hard work, which is rightfully deserved."

Much like Dyme pointed out you are paying for their online. Just because Sony allows you to play online for free do you think all the server fees, people who do the updates and hotfixes, etc just magically disappear. I for one think its more then fair. If you only care about the game they put out then fine buy it used or whatever. However if you want to play something that they have to continually monitor and pay for then yes you should be required to give them something even if you are not buying the game new.

You want Sony to go under? Really. It's hard to speak to someone reasonably when they are so far off the deep end. If businesses making games bothers you create your own. It takes developers multiple years with dozens upon dozens of people to give you games like Uncharted 3. And all those people want to be payed for their jobs. If it makes you happy Sony hasn't been making a profit off its video game portion for a while now. Electronic sales, tvs in particular, are helping them stay in the positive.


You're making an assumption off something you don't know much about(Obviously). And FYI, I'm a programmer who does make video games ;).

I think you're letting your affinity for Sony influence your comment, I'm not saying you're some deranged fanboy, but take in the facts of business and laws.

Assumptions don't get you anywhere as I never said video games bother me, how about if you love Sony making so much money, why don't you donate paychecks to them?

If I purchased a necklace from you, it's mine right? I don't have a fee of putting it around someone else neck do I?

If you're supporting this because you think it'll lead to more Sony games, it's a bit biased...

If you're supporting this because you buy all your games new... you're very biased, and apparently selfish, do not take offense.

It's very biased to support something just because it doesn't affect you but other people who aren't you.

Have you sold something before? Surely you have, did you make sure the manufactuerer got their cut? Probably not.


You make video games? Give me a name of one that you've made and show me where I can find your name in the credits.

Furthermore you are ignoring what I'm saying and instead calling me a fanboy to try and prove a broken point of yours. I bought a used necklace. Sure it's yours do with as you will. Do you want to get it resocketed by the company? Pay up. You buy Halo Reach(an example you used above) want to play online? Pay for Xbox Live. You buy an Iphone(see your post above) want to call someone? Pay for a plan. The simple fact is if you want to play whats on the disc an online pass does not effect you. If you want to continue to do something that requires the company to put up their money then you will have to put up yours.


My point isn't broken, yours is.

Xbox Live is required new or used.

A plan with a iPhone is required new or used.

Last time I checked, Halo: Reach's entire online mode isn't resting on Microsoft's servers, it's resting on your 8.7 GB disc.

You just proved nothing twice in a roll.

And to debunk your false, idiotic claim.


"I'm not saying you're a deranged fanboy."


To debunk a thought.

http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/users/Aero-mach

And to debunk another dumb claim.


if you want to play what's on disc, a online pass does not affect you.


http://www.reclaimyourgame.com/showthread.php/4994-RAGE-to-lock-out-single-player-content-for-second-hand-buyers

All of your pointless claims have been debunked, next time you comment, maybe you outta use less sweeping judgements and assumptions.
47940 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / PA
Offline
Posted 10/13/11

Aero-Mach wrote:


chutzpah2930 wrote:


Aero-Mach wrote:


chutzpah2930 wrote:

To take a quote from the article that you yourself posted
"All in all the online pass is nothing more than the developers trying to get compensation for all their hard work, which is rightfully deserved."

Much like Dyme pointed out you are paying for their online. Just because Sony allows you to play online for free do you think all the server fees, people who do the updates and hotfixes, etc just magically disappear. I for one think its more then fair. If you only care about the game they put out then fine buy it used or whatever. However if you want to play something that they have to continually monitor and pay for then yes you should be required to give them something even if you are not buying the game new.

You want Sony to go under? Really. It's hard to speak to someone reasonably when they are so far off the deep end. If businesses making games bothers you create your own. It takes developers multiple years with dozens upon dozens of people to give you games like Uncharted 3. And all those people want to be payed for their jobs. If it makes you happy Sony hasn't been making a profit off its video game portion for a while now. Electronic sales, tvs in particular, are helping them stay in the positive.


You're making an assumption off something you don't know much about(Obviously). And FYI, I'm a programmer who does make video games ;).

I think you're letting your affinity for Sony influence your comment, I'm not saying you're some deranged fanboy, but take in the facts of business and laws.

Assumptions don't get you anywhere as I never said video games bother me, how about if you love Sony making so much money, why don't you donate paychecks to them?

If I purchased a necklace from you, it's mine right? I don't have a fee of putting it around someone else neck do I?

If you're supporting this because you think it'll lead to more Sony games, it's a bit biased...

If you're supporting this because you buy all your games new... you're very biased, and apparently selfish, do not take offense.

It's very biased to support something just because it doesn't affect you but other people who aren't you.

Have you sold something before? Surely you have, did you make sure the manufactuerer got their cut? Probably not.


You make video games? Give me a name of one that you've made and show me where I can find your name in the credits.

Furthermore you are ignoring what I'm saying and instead calling me a fanboy to try and prove a broken point of yours. I bought a used necklace. Sure it's yours do with as you will. Do you want to get it resocketed by the company? Pay up. You buy Halo Reach(an example you used above) want to play online? Pay for Xbox Live. You buy an Iphone(see your post above) want to call someone? Pay for a plan. The simple fact is if you want to play whats on the disc an online pass does not effect you. If you want to continue to do something that requires the company to put up their money then you will have to put up yours.


My point isn't broken, yours is.

Xbox Live is required new or used.

A plan with a iPhone is required new or used.

Last time I checked, Halo: Reach's entire online mode isn't resting on Microsoft's servers, it's resting on your 8.7 GB disc.

You just proved nothing twice in a roll.

And to debunk your false, idiotic claim.


"I'm not saying you're a deranged fanboy."


To debunk a thought.

http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/users/Aero-mach

And to debunk another dumb claim.


if you want to play what's on disc, a online pass does not affect you.


http://www.reclaimyourgame.com/showthread.php/4994-RAGE-to-lock-out-single-player-content-for-second-hand-buyers

All of your pointless claims have been debunked, next time you comment, maybe you outta use less sweeping judgements and assumptions.



You claimed I was biased and not thinking of the full picture. It may not have been a deranged one but you were calling me a fanboy.

You sent me a useless link. You have a profile of a place where people can make and post games? I have a crunchyroll profile. Are we all Anime creators? I was insanely curious and took it a step further and actually used the search bar, typed in your name, and no makers with that name popped up. Curious. New link needed if you want to come off as anything other then a small kid with a big mouth.

And the sewers have nothing to do with the main story in RAGE. It's more of a dlc dungeon then anything to do with the game. To quote a reviewer of the game.
"The sewer missions, Daniel, are like 1 minute to 5 minutes long. They're really short, and the only thing they do is give some extra odds and ends, no new guns, no new anything. There aren't many of them either. The 'content' that was locked out is a joke, and anyone who doesn't buy the game because they lose maybe 12 minutes of "go here, kill endless wave of mutants, disable the skull pile to stop the spawns" is just missing out on a fantastic experience. The sewer missions aren't worth not buying the game over. That'd be like not watching a movie because one five second scene you don't like, it is just silly. Just wanted to clear up for folks what the "Sewer Missions" are, and one last thing, they're literally well hidden, and you will miss them if you aren't looking for them, aside from the first one. "

That lockout was just to send paranoid conspiracy theorists like you running like a chicken with a head cut off in an attempt to make you purchase a new game.
Posted 10/13/11

chutzpah2930 wrote:


Aero-Mach wrote:


chutzpah2930 wrote:


Aero-Mach wrote:


chutzpah2930 wrote:

To take a quote from the article that you yourself posted
"All in all the online pass is nothing more than the developers trying to get compensation for all their hard work, which is rightfully deserved."

Much like Dyme pointed out you are paying for their online. Just because Sony allows you to play online for free do you think all the server fees, people who do the updates and hotfixes, etc just magically disappear. I for one think its more then fair. If you only care about the game they put out then fine buy it used or whatever. However if you want to play something that they have to continually monitor and pay for then yes you should be required to give them something even if you are not buying the game new.

You want Sony to go under? Really. It's hard to speak to someone reasonably when they are so far off the deep end. If businesses making games bothers you create your own. It takes developers multiple years with dozens upon dozens of people to give you games like Uncharted 3. And all those people want to be payed for their jobs. If it makes you happy Sony hasn't been making a profit off its video game portion for a while now. Electronic sales, tvs in particular, are helping them stay in the positive.


You're making an assumption off something you don't know much about(Obviously). And FYI, I'm a programmer who does make video games ;).

I think you're letting your affinity for Sony influence your comment, I'm not saying you're some deranged fanboy, but take in the facts of business and laws.

Assumptions don't get you anywhere as I never said video games bother me, how about if you love Sony making so much money, why don't you donate paychecks to them?

If I purchased a necklace from you, it's mine right? I don't have a fee of putting it around someone else neck do I?

If you're supporting this because you think it'll lead to more Sony games, it's a bit biased...

If you're supporting this because you buy all your games new... you're very biased, and apparently selfish, do not take offense.

It's very biased to support something just because it doesn't affect you but other people who aren't you.

Have you sold something before? Surely you have, did you make sure the manufactuerer got their cut? Probably not.


You make video games? Give me a name of one that you've made and show me where I can find your name in the credits.

Furthermore you are ignoring what I'm saying and instead calling me a fanboy to try and prove a broken point of yours. I bought a used necklace. Sure it's yours do with as you will. Do you want to get it resocketed by the company? Pay up. You buy Halo Reach(an example you used above) want to play online? Pay for Xbox Live. You buy an Iphone(see your post above) want to call someone? Pay for a plan. The simple fact is if you want to play whats on the disc an online pass does not effect you. If you want to continue to do something that requires the company to put up their money then you will have to put up yours.


My point isn't broken, yours is.

Xbox Live is required new or used.

A plan with a iPhone is required new or used.

Last time I checked, Halo: Reach's entire online mode isn't resting on Microsoft's servers, it's resting on your 8.7 GB disc.

You just proved nothing twice in a roll.

And to debunk your false, idiotic claim.


"I'm not saying you're a deranged fanboy."


To debunk a thought.

http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/users/Aero-mach

And to debunk another dumb claim.


if you want to play what's on disc, a online pass does not affect you.


http://www.reclaimyourgame.com/showthread.php/4994-RAGE-to-lock-out-single-player-content-for-second-hand-buyers

All of your pointless claims have been debunked, next time you comment, maybe you outta use less sweeping judgements and assumptions.



You claimed I was biased and not thinking of the full picture. It may not have been a deranged one but you were calling me a fanboy.

You sent me a useless link. You have a profile of a place where people can make and post games? I have a crunchyroll profile. Are we all Anime creators? I was insanely curious and took it a step further and actually used the search bar, typed in your name, and no makers with that name popped up. Curious. New link needed if you want to come off as anything other then a small kid with a big mouth.

And the sewers have nothing to do with the main story in RAGE. It's more of a dlc dungeon then anything to do with the game. To quote a reviewer of the game.
"The sewer missions, Daniel, are like 1 minute to 5 minutes long. They're really short, and the only thing they do is give some extra odds and ends, no new guns, no new anything. There aren't many of them either. The 'content' that was locked out is a joke, and anyone who doesn't buy the game because they lose maybe 12 minutes of "go here, kill endless wave of mutants, disable the skull pile to stop the spawns" is just missing out on a fantastic experience. The sewer missions aren't worth not buying the game over. That'd be like not watching a movie because one five second scene you don't like, it is just silly. Just wanted to clear up for folks what the "Sewer Missions" are, and one last thing, they're literally well hidden, and you will miss them if you aren't looking for them, aside from the first one. "

That lockout was just to send paranoid conspiracy theorists like you running like a chicken with a head cut off in an attempt to make you purchase a new game.


Let me ask you one thing.....

WTF are you talking about?

You're rambling more than ever before now. I have a game called. "Catch me if you can sucker" On Yoyogames, Do you REALLY want me to whip up a game in 20 minutes to prove you wrong? I'm not gonna take the time..... Here you go, a gave you a low ball comment to make so you can sleep tonight.

Who said ANYTHING about the story? Who said anything about how long it is?

No one..... No one, so why does it matter what it is? We argued content, not quality, or what it was, you're now just twitching for anything to argue about.

Look dude, everyone in the world agrees with me on this point, which is your whole argument.

Its gone right? Well then you have content on your disc you cannot access.

Give it up, you failed miserably, the minute you spewed an internet cliche. "Kid" You just lost all maturity and respect from anyone with half a brain.

Go to a bar and get drunk or something, since you're so mature and wise.

Just leave, you tried your best at making a point and you failed, you're just clinging to insecure failure now...
47940 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / PA
Offline
Posted 10/13/11
Searched for that one too. No results. Go figure. I'm thinking that your lack of evidence for your claims are a running problem for you?

You keep going back to the same points. Everything is not free or they don't have to pay for it. I can't honestly believe that one of your counterarguments for me is that if you had to pay a monthly fee all the time then you'd be happier then paying a 1 time fee for just the games you want.

The problem you have is you think the whole world should bow down before you and are incapable of understanding otherwise. I'll see you in a bar drinking away your woes when you have to face reality.
Posted 10/13/11

chutzpah2930 wrote:

Searched for that one too. No results. Go figure. I'm thinking that your lack of evidence for your claims are a running problem for you?

You keep going back to the same points. Everything is not free or they don't have to pay for it. I can't honestly believe that one of your counterarguments for me is that if you had to pay a monthly fee all the time then you'd be happier then paying a 1 time fee for just the games you want.

The problem you have is you think the whole world should bow down before you and are incapable of understanding otherwise. I'll see you in a bar drinking away your woes when you have to face reality.


Judge on my friend.

I'll never understand your complatency to let business treat you anyway they want, but maybe I don't wanna understand.
29840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Who Knows?
Offline
Posted 10/13/11
To be fair, it's producers like EA and Microsoft that force developers like Lionhead and Bioware to have outside DLC. They nickle and dime all they can, and also force devs to make filler games, like the new 'Kinect' Fable game. Why? Because they want to have a reason for people to buy a Kinect, and lazy RPG players (like myself) aren't going to get a Kinect to do dances in my bedroom or pet virtual animals. I already have a wii, which even measures my growing or shrinking weight, so I really don't need something else that forces me to hop around when waiting to play.

Fable 3 was pretty underhanded with it's DLC to it's already seriously buggy game, like making people pay for Black Dye. So long as people pay for them, it will continue to increase until all you're getting when you buy a game is basically a menu like you're ordering out. After paying $70 plus, how much do you 'really' want to play. Enough for another $30 worth of 'bonus' content?
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.