First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply New Fall Titles: Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere
74429 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 10/14/11 , edited 10/14/11

PhoenixBlaze wrote:

5 anime left for legal streaming Mashiro-iro Symphony, Ben-To, Tamayura- Hitotose, Bakuman 2, and Gundam AGE as far as US streaming goes
Your still missing Phi Brain, which makes 6 full length series, and then there's also some shorts and kids series.


TheAncientOne wrote:Since CR didn't obtain the rights to stream the first Bakuman series, that doesn't make a license likely for the second season, but the same could be said for Wagnari!! (Working!!). The difference with Bakuman is that Media Blasters already has the license to the second season. While they license titles to Crunchyroll, they have never done a simulcast before. It may be that they would be willing, but their license didn't included simulcast rights*, which would put CR back to having to work with the Japanese rights holder again, even after getting permission from Media Blasters.

*They probably have streaming rights, but their contract for the license probably did not include getting the episodes at the time of broadcast, and perhaps not until the season is over.

I really thought Bandai would have gotten Gundam AGE and offered it for simulcast, much as with Sacred Seven last season. Of course, Phi Brain is another Sunrise production, and is getting no simulcast at this point, while Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere, the remaining Sunrise Production, is at both TAN and Crunchyroll.


The series I'm surprised about not being simulcast would be Ben-To. All Davidproduction series have been simulcast on CR, and if I'm not mistaken Davidproduction was listed as the publisher of The Book of Bantorra.

Mashiro-iro Symphony is also rather surprising. The publisher seems to be Frontier Works, and while they don't have any connections to English simulcast companies, having the series up on the Japanese Niconico should mean that the they are open to simulcasts. All recent Manglobe series have also been simulcast, so I can't see any problems there either.

The only NHK-E series I recall being simulcast is Erin. I'm pretty sure that NHK-E self-produces most of it's series, so licenses for Bakuman 2, Phi Brain and Chibi Devi would have to go through them. It's not clear whether they are against simulcasts or just haven't had series that people want, but somebody should be working on making a deal with them. I don't think CR would have many problems with getting Media Blasters permission to stream Bakuman if they had the rights from NHK-E.

Tamayura never looked like it would get a simulcast, and there's still hope for Gundam AGE.
56311 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32
Offline
Posted 10/14/11

TheAncientOne wrote:


PhoenixBlaze wrote:
Yeah, I noticed the Niconico streams, also it seems like they're back to buffer streaming.
ANN states that Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai - Haganai will be streamed by Niconico but I don't see it on Niconico......yet, but I do see other the anime listed: Last Exile, Guilty Crown, C^3, Maken-ki, and Mirai Nikki
3 anime left for legal streaming Tamayura- Hitotose, Bakuman 2, and Gundam AGE(as far as US streaming goes)

The lineup page an NicoNico.com has yet to list everything they announced, as Shakugan no Shana III (Final) was also mentioned in the press release and ANN news article.



This is the part that is confusing the crap out of me... I guess maybe they got on the ball late with forming this partnership but some of the series aren't listed as you said, and all but Guilty Crown are late. Last Exile is only 3-4 days behind but they have C3, Mirai Nikki and Maken-ki setup for the 20th which will put some of them almost 4 episodes behind.

I'm really hoping they slap a bunch of episodes up at one time and the reason they are late to getting them up in the first place is due to the partnership being put together. Not a huge fan of a 3-4 week delay.

Very satisfied with all the titles that are getting simulcast, or somewhat simulcast, this season but I do have to say I'm a fan of a more organized release schedule rather than a lot of the last minute, unlisted, 3 eps behind stuff we've seen this season. Hopefully everything will get straightened out by next season.
toyNN 
61073 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Comtrya Sugoi
Offline
Posted 10/14/11

therancorous wrote:

Ugh. That show is awful


I watched the first episode over on TAN and have to agree - its bad. The show seems to take every possible anime theme and characters and just toss them all into a blender - but it will appeal to some. Guilty Crown would be nice though that's probably locked in over at Hulu/Funimation - I'll hope for Phi-Brain still to come

55942 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Oregon
Offline
Posted 10/14/11
Are 2 episodes going to be released to catch up? I believe episode 2 is already fansubbed. A "simulcast" being 2 weeks behind is kinda lame.
The Wise Wizard
79335 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 10/14/11 , edited 10/14/11

dokudokugwo wrote:
This is the part that is confusing the crap out of me... I guess maybe they got on the ball late with forming this partnership but some of the series aren't listed as you said, and all but Guilty Crown are late. Last Exile is only 3-4 days behind but they have C3, Mirai Nikki and Maken-ki setup for the 20th which will put some of them almost 4 episodes behind.

I'm really hoping they slap a bunch of episodes up at one time and the reason they are late to getting them up in the first place is due to the partnership being put together. Not a huge fan of a 3-4 week delay.

Very satisfied with all the titles that are getting simulcast, or somewhat simulcast, this season but I do have to say I'm a fan of a more organized release schedule rather than a lot of the last minute, unlisted, 3 eps behind stuff we've seen this season. Hopefully everything will get straightened out by next season.

I expect at this point in the game that the titles are more of an amalgamation of what Funimation had licensed (certainly they have had they new Last Exile for months), and what NicoNico.com already had in the works. given that all but two of the remaining titles (Haganai [Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai] and Maken-Ki) are a subset of those on niconico.jp. Next season will likely be when we will see the first true fruits of the Funico venture.

Given that the 3 listed non-Funimation series all start on Thursday, October 20, I would not be surprised if that is the day they expect to emerge from beta. I hope by then, they will actually show Shakugan no Shana III (Final) and Haganai on the site, just for the extra assurance that provides.



toyNN wrote:
Guilty Crown would be nice though that's probably locked in over at Hulu/Funimation - I'll hope for Phi-Brain still to come

Guilty Crown is also at NicoNico.com in ad-free 720p:
http://ch.niconico.com/channel/ch60156



Tethler wrote:

Are 2 episodes going to be released to catch up? I believe episode 2 is already fansubbed. A "simulcast" being 2 weeks behind is kinda lame.

Yes. Although the linked page itself will not come up, a search reveals episodes 1 & 2, both of which state they will be available 12 hours from the time I am posting, for both free and paid members:




56311 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32
Offline
Posted 10/15/11 , edited 10/15/11

TheAncientOne wrote:


dokudokugwo wrote:
This is the part that is confusing the crap out of me... I guess maybe they got on the ball late with forming this partnership but some of the series aren't listed as you said, and all but Guilty Crown are late. Last Exile is only 3-4 days behind but they have C3, Mirai Nikki and Maken-ki setup for the 20th which will put some of them almost 4 episodes behind.

I'm really hoping they slap a bunch of episodes up at one time and the reason they are late to getting them up in the first place is due to the partnership being put together. Not a huge fan of a 3-4 week delay.

Very satisfied with all the titles that are getting simulcast, or somewhat simulcast, this season but I do have to say I'm a fan of a more organized release schedule rather than a lot of the last minute, unlisted, 3 eps behind stuff we've seen this season. Hopefully everything will get straightened out by next season.

I expect at this point in the game that the titles are more of an amalgamation of what Funimation had licensed (certainly they have had they new Last Exile for months), and what NicoNico.com already had in the works. given that all but two of the remaining titles (Haganai [Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai] and Maken-Ki) are a subset of those on niconico.jp. Next season will likely be when we will see the first true fruits of the Funico venture.

Given that the 3 listed non-Funimation series all start on Thursday, October 20, I would not be surprised if that is the day they expect to emerge from beta. I hope by then, they will actually show Shakugan no Shana III (Final) and Haganai on the site, just for the extra assurance that provides.



I guess that would also mean the end of my 25 cent beta membership lol... although I'd pay a monthly fee to access their content, but only if they catch it up. I would hope if Oct 20th means a monthly membership price plan going into effect that everything would be a simulcast, meaning within a few days of JP launch.

If NicoNico catches up on the titles they have and offers hi-def, which guilty crown actually looks pretty nice, then that will put them on the level of CR for sure. If they come out with something for less than $10 a month, I'm in.

And really now that I think about it saying that a title starts on oct 20th doesn't mean that's the titles new release day from that point on either... if they really are planning on announcing full membership after the 20th that could be the day they launch all the back episodes of those titles and then announce the days they will actually air on. At least I'm hoping that is what's going to happen.

Anime Network on the other hand has given me 2 fewer reasons to continue my subscription there. I had signed up when I saw they had 3 titles this season, but now I see that CR has 2 of them, albeit a few days later, it gives me little reason to shell out another $6.95, even more so when you're on a very tight budget like I am. I think I'll be cancelling their membership... for the 3rd time...
kmkq8 
60785 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / kuwait
Offline
Posted 10/15/11

Al-Marri wrote:

It's kinda funny that 10 new fall animes that are released and i can only watch 1 ... the most boring one.. you and me XD



I think you can also watch the gay anime too. but yeah, I can watch like 3 from that list.
111370 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 10/15/11
Hook up with Viz and take over the world Crunchyroll!
811 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / australia
Offline
Posted 10/15/11
Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon is the proper name
kmkq8 
60785 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / kuwait
Offline
Posted 10/15/11
where is Deadman Wonderland 2nd season, Crunchyroll?
55942 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Oregon
Offline
Posted 10/15/11

TheAncientOne wrote:



Tethler wrote:

Are 2 episodes going to be released to catch up? I believe episode 2 is already fansubbed. A "simulcast" being 2 weeks behind is kinda lame.

Yes. Although the linked page itself will not come up, a search reveals episodes 1 & 2, both of which state they will be available 12 hours from the time I am posting, for both free and paid members:






Ah, very good. Thank you kind sir.
The Wise Wizard
79335 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 10/15/11

kmkq8 wrote:

where is Deadman Wonderland 2nd season, Crunchyroll?

Crunchyroll cannot get something that doesn't exist.

No second season of Deadman Wonderland has even been green-lit (meaning don't expect it in January either), and likely never will be (DVD/CD sales in Japan have been poor). Unfortunately, the market in Japan doesn't always align with our tastes.

74429 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 10/15/11 , edited 10/15/11

TheAncientOne wrote:


kmkq8 wrote:

where is Deadman Wonderland 2nd season, Crunchyroll?

Crunchyroll cannot get something that doesn't exist.

No second season of Deadman Wonderland has even been green-lit (meaning don't expect it in January either), and likely never will be (DVD/CD sales in Japan have been poor). Unfortunately, the market in Japan doesn't always align with our tastes.



Despite incredibly low DVD sales, Deadman Wonderland wasn't a complete failure. Going on what figures are available, it still managed to give manga sales a sizeable boost:



Kaiji still managed to get a second season when it's DVD sales did not make the charts at all.
36175 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / England
Offline
Posted 10/15/11
Oh... not england ... again
vwinds 
42014 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 10/15/11
This Latecasting is getting depressing and not gonna win fansub watchers over, sadly. Most people aren't going to wait a week+ for shows like this and Fate/zero.

I realize it's licensing issues with stubborn companies and probably outside of Crunchy's hands; I don't fault them. But you're not going to bring over fansubbers unless you offer at least a equivalent service. Over a week late just doesn't cut it on these shows.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.