First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Does crunchyroll have the largest legal online selection
25258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Elsweyr
Offline
Posted 10/15/11
i dont think that crunchyroll has the online anime database but i want to see what you think
3238 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 10/15/11
I guess they do. But I wish they'd talk to Toei about adding some Super Sentai.......
Posted 10/15/11
legally at least, prob
29118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
83 / F / Bite the pillow.
Offline
Posted 10/15/11 , edited 10/15/11
Probably a tie between Crunchyroll and FUNimation if you count all the Hulu stuff. The Anime Channel (ADV Films) [http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Watch-Online/AZIndex] has quite a few as well. All in all, there is a TON of legal anime online and available including new legal high quality streams from niconico.com.

Obviously, there are other illegal sites that have nearly every anime ever created streaming 24/7 in high quality streams and the depth of their catalogs blow CR, FUNi and anyone legit away, but that's an unfair comparison.

35796 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Stoke, England
Offline
Posted 10/15/11
Nowhere near. They're all about being legal and shit, so obviously they don't have nearly half as much as other sites.
435 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Ninjas are everyw...
Offline
Posted 10/15/11
not even close. only so much you can get legally. go to a site with fansubs. you have NO idea where to start
The Wise Wizard
100935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 10/15/11

eli9696 wrote:

i dont think that crunchyroll has the online anime database but i want to see what you think

You probably should have added to word "legal" to the title of this topic.

The list for CR is easy:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime/alpha

The list for TAN:
http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Watch-Online/AZIndex
(click the "Streaming" button at the top to filter out non-streaming titles)

Funimation does not have a table listing, but if you go to their main site, look at the lower right of the page under "Shows" and you will find a scrolling list:
http://www.funimation.com/

Hulu:
http://www.hulu.com/genres/Animation-and-Cartoons/Anime?type=tv

Anime News Network:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/video/anime

Hulu and ANN are both aggregator sites, meaning almost all of their content is available elsewhere, but this also gives them a large library.

Frankly, unless you want to start counting titles, it is a bit difficult to tell who comes out on top, although I think Funimation might be the first to fall out of the race.



66691 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 10/15/11
Official site probably, but fan subs have waaaaay more.
16240 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / I'm around
Offline
Posted 10/15/11
Hulu likely has the most-- 240 series and growing. But you have to be in the US to access it without a proxy. Then ANN, then Crunchy Roll, then TAN.

3245 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / New Jersey, U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 10/15/11
Legally yes online no.
38071 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / BREAK INTO INSAINTY
Offline
Posted 10/15/11
in my eyes CR is the best show love to the people who put in all the work to watch anime
55520 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / 風の山
Offline
Posted 10/15/11
so basically we all agree with yes for being legal, but online obviously not.
75660 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
55 / M / Northeast Ohio, USA
Offline
Posted 10/15/11

wolfsaiga wrote: so basically we all agree with yes for being legal, but online obviously not.


Legal v All online
North America vs Europe vs South America vs ... (and so on)
SImulcasts vs Catalog titles

Obviously for All-online, Cant'SayItsName and Can'tNameIt and SiteWhoShallRemainNameless all have more.

For legal, North America, Crunchyroll has the edge in simulcasts, and catalog titles for Canada, Hulu has the edge for catalog titles for the US.

For legal, Europe, its country by country ~ Crunchyroll has so little for France and France has their own French sub streaming services ~ Crunchyroll does not have a tremendous amount for the Norse countries, but seems to have more than anyone else.

For legal Australia/NZ, its between Crunchyroll and Madman, Crunchy probably has the edge in simulcasts, Madman in catalog titles,.

For legal, most of Latin America, the Caribbean, Africa and the Middle East, Crunchyroll has little, the alternative is pretty much none, so little is more than none.

I dunno about Asia (that is, in DVD licensing terms, the boundary between Asia and "The Middle East" lies between Afghanistan and Iran) ... Crunchyroll has very little available in Asia, even compared to South America, Africa and the Middle East ~ if Crunchyroll is the best legal option in an Asian country, it rounds down to having next to no legal option in that country at all.
55520 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / 風の山
Offline
Posted 10/15/11

agila61 wrote:


wolfsaiga wrote: so basically we all agree with yes for being legal, but online obviously not.


Legal v All online
North America vs Europe vs South America vs ... (and so on)
SImulcasts vs Catalog titles

Obviously for All-online, Cant'SayItsName and Can'tNameIt and SiteWhoShallRemainNameless all have more.

For legal, North America, Crunchyroll has the edge in simulcasts, and catalog titles for Canada, Hulu has the edge for catalog titles for the US.

For legal, Europe, its country by country ~ Crunchyroll has so little for France and France has their own French sub streaming services ~ Crunchyroll does not have a tremendous amount for the Norse countries, but seems to have more than anyone else.

For legal Australia/NZ, its between Crunchyroll and Madman, Crunchy probably has the edge in simulcasts, Madman in catalog titles,.

For legal, most of Latin America, the Caribbean, Africa and the Middle East, Crunchyroll has little, the alternative is pretty much none, so little is more than none.

I dunno about Asia (that is, in DVD licensing terms, the boundary between Asia and "The Middle East" lies between Afghanistan and Iran) ... Crunchyroll has very little available in Asia, even compared to South America, Africa and the Middle East ~ if Crunchyroll is the best legal option in an Asian country, it rounds down to having next to no legal option in that country at all.


yea i didn't really think of other regions. was on the basis that everyone was american. well you got it covered then
49877 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Online playing......
Offline
Posted 10/16/11

TheAncientOne wrote:


eli9696 wrote:

i dont think that crunchyroll has the online anime database but i want to see what you think

You probably should have added to word "legal" to the title of this topic.

The list for CR is easy:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime/alpha

The list for TAN:
http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Watch-Online/AZIndex
(click the "Streaming" button at the top to filter out non-streaming titles)

Funimation does not have a table listing, but if you go to their main site, look at the lower right of the page under "Shows" and you will find a scrolling list:
http://www.funimation.com/

Hulu:
http://www.hulu.com/genres/Animation-and-Cartoons/Anime?type=tv

Anime News Network:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/video/anime

Hulu and ANN are both aggregator sites, meaning almost all of their content is available elsewhere, but this also gives them a large library.

Frankly, unless you want to start counting titles, it is a bit difficult to tell who comes out on top, although I think Funimation might be the first to fall out of the race.





You missed adding Netflix in with Hulu and ANN, although one does need a subscription for Netflix in order to watch it. Last I counted, I came up with just under 3,000 episodes, movies, and OVA's, and that was back in May of this year (2011). They've added a fair amount of content since, so I wouldn't be surprised if they had bumped that number up to around 3,500-4,000.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.