First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Love?
Posted 10/16/11
How do you know you have that special someone out there? There's no way to know right?

This is to summarize the other populations feelings.

Sometimes it feels like there's no one out there right? And sometimes there isn't anyone out there.

Let's face it sometimes, all the girls and guys sucks and there's no way around that.

Sometimes those people give up searching for a long time, and return to the 'playing field' later, but end up failing in the love department again, only those who had relationships before can sympathize with this.

Like I always say you gotta know when to quit, there's no compatible match for everyone.

Sometimes all guys like being unfair and disappointing.

Sometimes all girls enjoy putting people a the butt end of whatever they say, and they enjoy it.

I've never heard. "Give up." before when it comes to love, but I think there's a point in time where you realize you had the best you were gonna get.

But I like to tell people, sometimes there's no one out there and there comes a point where you should give up on love, as it isn't necessarily essential to life.

After 5 bad consecutive relationships, I thought it was time to give up the game.

When do you think it's time to stop playin' the game?
Posted 10/16/11
There are no real absolutes when it comes to people. There will never be a time when all guys or all girls are one way even though it may seem that way. I don't think it is really something that should be sought out actively. If you are actively trying to find someone to be with it just seems forced and without realizing it you could be conforming yourself to how that person is instead of just being who you are naturally which wouldn't allow the relationship to be healthy. Relationships that form over time and just develop into something more are the ones that usually work out in the long run. People can never really quit the game entirely until they die because love will always find a way to sneak up on people.
2322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / California, Hawai...
Offline
Posted 10/16/11
Sometimes people just give up on love because they cant find the right person. Its sad to say that there may not be a perfect match for everyone. People then just give into despair. Love is about compromise and understanding and thats where people mess up a lot. In fact, thats where i messed up. Sucks for me that i got dumped recently, but hey, just keep moving along. Its a game of luck for many and me.
55555 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/16/11 , edited 10/16/11
To answer your question, you stop playing the game when you smarten up and realize that looking for a serious, or even a socially acceptable/functional relationship isn't at all game. According to your profile, you're 15. To put it bluntly, even though you've had 5 failed relationships (or perhaps especially because you've had 5 failed relationships), you don't have the right to question whether or not it's time to quit, and you most certainly do not have the right to tell people to give up on finding love, for several reasons:
1) You're too young. You. Are. Too. Young. At that age, you're lucky if you can get a relationship to last 5 minutes, let alone a lifetime. No one at that age truly knows what they want in life - forget about relationships.
2) Love comes in all shapes and forms. Finding romantic love isn't hard. Some people take a lifetime to find it, but the point is that they do find it.
3) You have nothing to lose by not quitting.
4) The only way to truly quit is shut yourself off from any form of contact, or kill yourself because love can find a way to sneak up on you when you least expect it.

The World is a big place. There are over 6 billion people, and over half of those are women. As you get older, it gets much easier to find compatibility in a partner. Part of that is growing up and maturing as an individuals through various experiences, and part of that is dropping the importance of the superficial things you looked for in a partner when you were younger.

Here's a perfectly relevant quote from How I Met Your Mother:
Posted 10/16/11 , edited 10/17/11
While there are certainly people out there who just aren't cut out for long term, committed relationships, I think you are being a bit premature.

It's hard to be patient at your age, but trust me, people change the most during their teens and early twenties; you change less and less and then at some point begin to settle into who you are and have a stable understanding of your needs, wants and desires... what you're willing to tolerate in a partner, and what is or isn't negotiable for you. You really do not want to hasten this process.

Very rarely, someone really young will come across a kindred spirit and the two can appreciate each other for life, growing together in similar directions at a near-synchronous rate. You have a better chance of getting hit by lightning, so don't sweat it and just enjoy being young while you can.
2835 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / In bed with Ikuto~
Offline
Posted 10/16/11
if you give up VYOOUUU VAAAREEE VWEAAAAK.

that is all /o/
Posted 10/16/11
Hmm...well, it's hard to let go of a relationship. For me, I wasn't even notified for anything that my relationship had ended. It was just so depressing. My ex just disappeared and I think that it was the time for him, that he realized he should quit. I never felt that way though. I wanted to consecutively push forward my relationship with him, but then I failed. I stopped after I realized his disappearance.
Posted 10/16/11

ReaperEXE wrote:

To answer your question, you stop playing the game when you smarten up and realize that looking for a serious, or even a socially acceptable/functional relationship isn't at all game. According to your profile, you're 15. To put it bluntly, even though you've had 5 failed relationships (or perhaps especially because you've had 5 failed relationships), you don't have the right to question whether or not it's time to quit, and you most certainly do not have the right to tell people to give up on finding love, for several reasons:
1) You're too young. You. Are. Too. Young. At that age, you're lucky if you can get a relationship to last 5 minutes, let alone a lifetime. No one at that age truly knows what they want in life - forget about relationships.
2) Love comes in all shapes and forms. Finding romantic love isn't hard. Some people take a lifetime to find it, but the point is that they do find it.
3) You have nothing to lose by not quitting.
4) The only way to truly quit is shut yourself off from any form of contact, or kill yourself because love can find a way to sneak up on you when you least expect it.

The World is a big place. There are over 6 billion people, and over half of those are women. As you get older, it gets much easier to find compatibility in a partner. Part of that is growing up and maturing as an individuals through various experiences, and part of that is dropping the importance of the superficial things you looked for in a partner when you were younger.

Here's a perfectly relevant quote from How I Met Your Mother:


I'm not exactly superficial, I settle.

A LOT,

The only problem I have in relationships are betrayal, often I hear. "That's because the girl is young."

I know age does in fact plays a part, but I thought a bit deeper about it whenever my friend's mom is 45 and STILL looking for the right person, whenever her sister met her current husband at the age of 7, that's right.

Childhood friends.

They started dating at like 14-15 but they broke up because of distance and rekindled the relationship in their early twenties.

Judging from your comment, I guess your answer is.

"There's no way to give up the 'game' unless you kill yourself." Correct? Fair enough.

It makes sense, I know love is recurring thing, but to prevent myself from liking someone too much, I just think the worst of them.

It works for the most part, I learned this technique from my brother.
Posted 10/16/11

Starbrite101 wrote:

if you give up VYOOUUU VAAAREEE VWEAAAAK.

that is all /o/


There's nothing wrong with being weak right?

Love just doesn't work out the same way for everyone, your love life is probably fantastic.

But some of us have much less fortunate love lives...
35796 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Stoke, England
Offline
Posted 10/16/11 , edited 10/16/11
Hey bro, you're the same age as me, you shoulda probably forgotten about relationships until you get outta school and find someone you actually like for real, instead of trying to get rep from your classmates. 5? Lol, I bet you wasted some time and effort there.
Posted 10/16/11

CarboKill wrote:

Hey bro, you're the same age as me, you shoulda probably forgotten about relationships until you get outta school and find someone you actually like for real, instead of trying to get rep from your classmates.


I'm homeschooled,

I meet girls everywhere and doing different things, personality were also completely different.

Middleschool.

Highschool,

Journalists.

Cafe Waitress.

It's just my love life not being as healthy as it could, and it's highly doubtful it will get any better.

Why would it magically just start healing itself?

I have friends who's girls had the same issues as mine at ages 20 and 30, I doubt age is the factor, it's just luck.

I know my luck is horrible so I never press it, it's best to stop while I'm ahead.

No child, no diseases and such.
35796 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Stoke, England
Offline
Posted 10/16/11

Aero-Mach wrote:


CarboKill wrote:

Hey bro, you're the same age as me, you shoulda probably forgotten about relationships until you get outta school and find someone you actually like for real, instead of trying to get rep from your classmates.


I'm homeschooled,

I meet girls everywhere and doing different things, personality were also completely different.

Middleschool.

Highschool,

Journalists.

Cafe Waitress.

It's just my love life not being as healthy as it could, and it's highly doubtful it will get any better.

Why would it magically just start healing itself?

I have friends who's girls had the same issues as mine at ages 20 and 30, I doubt age is the factor, it's just luck.

I know my luck is horrible so I never press it, it's best to stop while I'm ahead.

No child, no diseases and such.


Oh, you're homeschooled? My bad. Still, you must have been desperate. You making this thread is a testament to how desperate you were. You think that just because at the age of 15 you can't find the right person, that you're fucked for the rest of your life? Stop being a useless pessimistic fuck, and let your balls hang out, alright? Let everyone see your balls. Say "I'm no pervert. I'm just a MAN." And then the first person who laughs at you, whether it's a man or women, you punch them in the face.
Posted 10/17/11
Giving up on finding someone you will be happy with for a long period of time at your age is like giving up on your favourite (insert favourite sport) team in the preseason. Only the weak-minded do that.
Posted 10/17/11
You shouldn't apply the the words "give" and "up" in anything except love. Giving up can be translated as "moving on" "getting happy again" and "forgetting". You're giving up on them, not yourself.
26829 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / in darkness where...
Offline
Posted 10/17/11 , edited 10/17/11
How do you know you have that special someone out there? There's no way to know right?
yes, u won't know that right person right away but you gotta believe there will be someone coz once you give up believing then there will be no one... just believe and that girl will come someday...

When do you think it's time to stop playin' the game?
for me, love isn't a game... so if you'll think that its a game you never knew the meaning of love... why would you say its a game? it never occured to me but maybe to some people out there who aren't serious with it and like you who haven't found that right love then i guess it'll become like some sort of a game . You gotta find and know the true meaning of love and don't give up on it yet. Let love find you and just be patient coz your still miles away to cross the road... love won't stop and if you think there's no one out there just think it was not yet the time for true love to sprout on you...
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.