First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
Do you think some cultures should change?
13903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 1/29/08 , edited 4/18/08
Humans need to change overall, not just individual cultures.
Of course some are seemingly more advanced than others, but hey who are we to judge?
Everyone in this world needs to be enlightened and become more aware of their actions and of others and be more intolerant of ignorance.. but that would be impossible, thank you rap music and drugs =)
4216 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Brooklyn, NY
Offline
Posted 1/29/08 , edited 4/18/08
Much as I disagree with aspects.. particularly in the US.. of cultures, Trying to change them would be difficult at best and deadly at worst. People cause wars over smaller things. I hate the culture in my country.. or, in my opinion, the lack of culture, but we learn from it over time.. it evolves and changes and in the end becomes something good (or better)... As a cultural anthropologist, I've studied culture a lot. The Japanese culture is particularly fascinating to me because of how unchanged it still is. There are bad aspects, as there are in all things, but one must learn to take the bad with the good... All things change. It is best to let it happen slowly and naturally.

Much as I try.. right now I can't find a thing about the US culture that is remotely good.

It's so sad, because I really don't want to hate my country... And I don't hate it. I love it so much that everything about it drives me crazy...

No. I'm lying. I hate it.

End rant.
Posted 1/29/08 , edited 4/18/08
your definition of better is not everyone's so whatever you're asking ends up only being relative and therefore pointless. you should worry more about changing yourself so that you'll understand that things are not only defined by such indefinite terms as "better".
187 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/29/08 , edited 4/18/08

magnus102 wrote:


Do0mAid wrote:



How do you think the 15 year old girl who is Muslim and enjoys her religion feels when she realizes what all these people think of her religion when she's done absolutely nothing wrong?

A more important question is: Who cares?


i care
306 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / there.
Offline
Posted 2/2/08 , edited 4/18/08
Does the US of A have their cultures?
i can't think of one.. XP..

@topic.
yeah yeah.. some cultures should change for better..
like the one i've watched last month..
a girl who turned 13 and her hair was cut off.
not using scissors but..
the older ladies pull the hair out of
the poor girls head.. men that
should hurt a lot..
they say that.. that
was a preparation for
giving birth?! O.o..
zomgg..
Posted 2/2/08 , edited 4/18/08
Every culture could change for the better.
6669 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Faithfully in Mat...
Offline
Posted 2/3/08 , edited 4/18/08

light12 wrote:

I think Muslim Culture is the most strick out of cultures because as my friend says you need to have arranged marriages you have to stay with your own kind or your kids well grow up wrong is very strick that how it seems to me



HOLY FUCKING SHYTE, YOU'RE SO MISINFORMED.

No, Muslims do not need to have arranged marriages. It's not compulsory or a "culture".

You only need to marry a person who shares the same religion with you.
A Muslim cannot marry anyone from a different religion.
(so, it has nothing to do with "marrying from your own kind".
Bi-racial is acceptable if both you and your spouse
are Muslims.)

get ur facts straight, bucko
871 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / United Arab Emirates
Offline
Posted 2/3/08 , edited 4/18/08

Kenshin1986 wrote:


eedna wrote:

Do you agree on arranged marriages, women as 2nd rate, or on violent rituals and ETC..??? Or do you think that these should change??? Let me know ....


i dont agree on arrange marriages or woman treated 2nd so indeed these have changed in the western and some part of eastern but in middle east it is also part of there religion and woman will always be treated as 2nd in alot of things.


Islam never treated woman as a 2nd, Arabian culture pre-islam did, and it kind of still stayed... People that treat women as 2nd grade are considred ignorants by the rest of muslims


well.. we are not ones to judge if other people cultures need to be changed or not.. its up to them I guess... Plus what makes a person is originally his culture..

I think its cool to have many diffrent cultures, its interesting
871 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / United Arab Emirates
Offline
Posted 2/3/08 , edited 4/18/08

sembranosa wrote:


light12 wrote:

I think Muslim Culture is the most strick out of cultures because as my friend says you need to have arranged marriages you have to stay with your own kind or your kids well grow up wrong is very strick that how it seems to me



HOLY FUCKING SHYTE, YOU'RE SO MISINFORMED.

No, Muslims do not need to have arranged marriages. It's not compulsory or a "culture".

You only need to marry a person who shares the same religion with you.
A Muslim cannot marry anyone from a different religion.
(so, it has nothing to do with "marrying from your own kind".
Bi-racial is acceptable if both you and your spouse
are Muslims.)

get ur facts straight, bucko



yeah, get it straight there is rarely any arranged marriages in here. Almost none. It just seems to look like that because usually people here marry within the family not outside of it

A muslim can marry a christiant woman or a jewish woman.. but there is some kind of rules I think.. I never looked at this part but I know its possible, but only christiant or jewish

I think muslims did that long time ago, when they took over christiant cities, since they used to live together both muslims & non muslims, muslims took wives off christiants and then converted them to islam i think not sure

Ill have to look up more info about it

so dont take my word on it
14372 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/3/08 , edited 4/18/08
honestly yes.......
specially that arranged marraige thing....
1028 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Singapore
Offline
Posted 2/3/08 , edited 4/18/08
Yes, 'posting stupid post' culture should be changed, don't you think.
6367 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / around here
Offline
Posted 2/3/08 , edited 4/18/08
i think we should just leave them alone.... its their culture
5345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / inside your close...
Offline
Posted 2/3/08 , edited 4/18/08
if a culture should change then every cultures should change ! becasue some of their beliefs are just too... bleh.
1902 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / most likely in bed.
Offline
Posted 2/3/08 , edited 4/18/08
I think some cultures should improve if it's for the good of their people and the people accept this change but I don't think the change of a culture should be forced.
1765 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / California
Offline
Posted 2/3/08 , edited 4/18/08

sypris wrote:

no cultures should be left alone because there has already been enough destruction to a lot of cultures that people find as approvements and besides looking at every culture as being the same is boring and takes some spice out of life for some people


hum i agree to an extent but I think that sometime there are certian aspects of a culture that should be changed. for example if there was a culture that practiced sacrificially killed babies ...sure u dont have to change everything about that culture but perhaps changing the baby sacrafice thing would be nice lol
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.