* TV Show: Temptation of Wolves (literal title)
* Revised romanization: Neukdaeui Yuhok
* Hangul: 늑대의 유혹
* Writer: Gwiyeoni (original novel)
* Release Date: First half 2012
* Language: Korean
* Country: South Korea
1. On October 17, 2011 JS Pictures announced they purchased the rights to film a TV drama version of novel "Neukdaeui Yuhok" (literally translated "Temptation of Wolves"). JS Pictures & Apple Tree Pictures wil produce the drama series. Series is expected to air sometime in the first half of 2012.
2. "Neukdaeui Yuhok" was first published by author Gwiyeoni as an internet novel in 2002. The story then was published in novel form in 2004.
3. 2004 movie "Romance of Their Own," starring Jo Han-Seon, Gang Dong-Won & Lee Chung-Ah, is also based on the novel "Neukdaeui Yuhok."
Based on an Internet novel, it was created as a movie and musical, gaining huge popularity.
Temptation of Wolves to become a drama
Another remake is in the works, this time from film to drama, with the adaptation of popular youthful romance Temptation of Wolves. The movie starred Jo Han-seon and Lee Chung-ah, but is perhaps most famous for catapulting a young Kang Dong-won to stardom.
The story premise is fairly straightforward, as a coming-of-age story about a country girl moving to school and ending up in a love triangle with two popular high school boys. The movie was itself an adaptation of a hit internet novel by the same name. At the time of publication, the book set sales records by selling 500,000 copies and was one of those early success stories of internet writers hopping into the mainstream when their online projects took off in popularity.
(Writer Guiyeoni has had some criticism for the literary quality of her works, but I can see how she became such a huge success if she was able to put out projects with strong narrative appeal. And they must’ve had enough of that, since she wrote a few more novels that were turned into well-known movie projects, like He was Cool with Song Seung-heon and Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do with Jang Geun-seok.)
The project has been licensed for adaptation by JS Pictures, which produced a number of successful dramas like Giant, New Heart, and Piano. Apple Tree Pictures is co-producing the project, and has titles like Time Between Dog and Wolf, Bottom of the 9th with 2 Outs, and The Man Who Can’t Marry under their belt.
Well, I’m always up for a witty, sensitive teenage romance, and if the drama can do what the movie did, hopefully that’s what we’ll get. And the question on everyone’s minds: Who will be the next Kang Dong-won?
Film "Romance of Their Own" to be made into TV series
Korean film "Romance of Their Own" will be made into a television series, according to the show's promoter Y Tree Media on Monday. Y Tree announced in a press release that "Romance of Their Own," co-produced by JS Pictures and Apple Tree Pictures in 2004, will make its premiere on the small screen during the first half of next year.
"We hope that the televised version of 'Romance of Their Own' will show a different side to the characters and storyline compared to the film and musical," an official with JS was quoted as saying.
"Romance of Their Own," based on the popular internet novel by author Guiyeoni in 2003, tells the romance triangle between two guys and a girl which was played by actors Gang Dong-won, Jo Han-sun and actress Lee Chung-ah.
It was also made into a musical, which opened its curtains in July this year, and starred Super Junior member Ryeowook and ZE:A's Hyung-sik as the male leads.
pray4Gaza, pray4MH17, pray4MH370