First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply 5 Centimeters Per Second DVD Blowout Sale in Honor of Mr. Makoto Shinkai's NYCC/NYAF Visit
Administrator
shinji 
165104 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 10/20/11
Hey Guys~

As most of you heard, New York was honored to have Mr. Makoto Shinkai in town this past weekend as a special guest of honor at NYCC and NYAF. Some of you who tuned in on the live stream got to see Shinkai-san's guest appearance at our own convention booth. It was pretty amazing getting to see Shinkai-san on the live stream and answering submitted chat questions from our own CR community!

One frequently asked question was where can people buy the "5 Centimeters Per Second" DVD that Crunchyroll and Bandai Entertainment partnered on? Well guess what? For the next 48 hours you can buy it straight from Crunchyroll as its featured as a very special daily deal with an amazing discount!!!



If you were ever going to buy the DVD (or an extra to share with a friend), now is the time to do it as this DVD has never been offered at prices this low!

Lastly, while you're checking out the deal, don't forget to take advantage and watch 3 of our favorite works from Mr. Shinkai which are available for limited time streaming until 10/22 PDT!

Thanks!

3164 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 10/20/11 , edited 10/20/11
Release 'Voices of a Distance Star' then I'll be convinced you're honoring this guy!

EDIT: Oh and I took advantage of this sale and bought a copy.
Posted 10/20/11
Ordered! This was my first CR DVD purchase. I highly recommend this anime; it's poignant, but oh so beautiful!
50983 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / Champaign, IL
Offline
Posted 10/20/11 , edited 10/20/11

AnimeFanJerk wrote:

Release 'Voices of a Distance Star' then I'll be convinced you're honoring this guy!

EDIT: Oh and I took advantage of this sale and bought a copy.

They don't have the DVD rights for Voices. It was licensed by ADV.

EDIT: Oh, and I already own it...
3164 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 10/20/11

Zensunni wrote:


AnimeFanJerk wrote:

Release 'Voices of a Distance Star' then I'll be convinced you're honoring this guy!

EDIT: Oh and I took advantage of this sale and bought a copy.

They don't have the DVD rights for Voices. It was licensed by ADV.


Oh I know, but I can still hope that either Crunchyroll get's it or Sentai does something with it.
3164 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 10/20/11

WackyFiasco wrote:

Ordered! This was my first CR DVD purchase. I highly recommend this anime; it's poignant, but oh so beautiful!


I've seen it before and you're right. Also this is my first CR DVD release as well.
50983 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / Champaign, IL
Offline
Posted 10/20/11

AnimeFanJerk wrote:


Zensunni wrote:


AnimeFanJerk wrote:

Release 'Voices of a Distance Star' then I'll be convinced you're honoring this guy!

EDIT: Oh and I took advantage of this sale and bought a copy.

They don't have the DVD rights for Voices. It was licensed by ADV.


Oh I know, but I can still hope that either Crunchyroll get's it or Sentai does something with it.

It is under $10 used at Amazon right now...

3164 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 10/20/11

Zensunni wrote:


AnimeFanJerk wrote:


Zensunni wrote:


AnimeFanJerk wrote:

Release 'Voices of a Distance Star' then I'll be convinced you're honoring this guy!

EDIT: Oh and I took advantage of this sale and bought a copy.

They don't have the DVD rights for Voices. It was licensed by ADV.


Oh I know, but I can still hope that either Crunchyroll get's it or Sentai does something with it.

It is under $10 used at Amazon right now...



Yeah, used and you don't know if it's pirated or not. I'll wait and hope someone re-releases it.
39020 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/20/11
I'd only buy a Blu-Ray release of this beautiful movie, but thanks for releasing it for so cheap anyway!
76872 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / in your head
Offline
Posted 10/20/11 , edited 10/20/11
too bad it's not a BD release.... I'd so go for it! ^^ I bought the DVD version, though, and I do not regret making that decision. Why should I? Money exist to be spend, right? A question: how long will it take to actually ship it to me? a week? a month?...

P.S. I will buy the movie on BD. Once it comes out. Wasting money is fun
55554 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 10/20/11
I'd purchase if it came on Blu-Ray, as it's a great movie. Until then, I think I'll wait. The last thing I bought on DVD was the Code Geass: R2 box set, and that was back in 2010.
40287 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / UCD, Philadelphia...
Offline
Posted 10/20/11
I got it the first time CR had a deal on it. Fantastic movie. If it ever sees a Blu-Ray release, I'll happily upgrade to it.
46 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/20/11
Bought.

This is the best anime movie I've ever seen. Extremely gorgeous visuals, wonderful music, and a thoroughly emotional storyline. Everyone should definitely check this out, as well as Place Promised in Our Early Days. That movie was also spectacular (though you really need to pay attention to follow the whole plot in that one). I haven't seen Voices of a Distant Star yet--I'll probably check that out on Crunchyroll this week...
bhl88 
61589 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 10/20/11
There's a 5 cm per sec Global Edition with Japanese and English audio and plenty of subtitles (English, Korean, Chinese, Arabic...)
14085 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 10/21/11
Bought but never seen it. Right now my top fav movies are, " The girl who leap through time" and , " Summer wars" so lets see if this makes the (short) list xD.( I'm forgetting one but my mind just went blank)
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.