First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Drift Racing
1879 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / California
Offline
Posted 10/20/08

traciedee wrote:


RossoCorsa wrote:


traciedee wrote:


RossoCorsa wrote:


traciedee wrote:


yangss14 wrote:


kadaj90 wrote:

I do a little drifting with my crappy little Honda civic, not professionally but when I'm in such a hurry and have to get somewhere in less than 5 minutes, which is often times. It's harder though to drift in a front-wheel drive car. I'm planing to get a Rx-7 pretty soon.




uhmm please dont ever say that again, if i knew who you were i wouldve slapped you, take that bs off the streets
drift in a civic? really..


IVE BEEN IN A CIVIC THAT HAS BEEN ABLE TO DRIFT BEFORE JUST THAT MY FRIENDS CIVIC ISNT CRAPPY. ITS REALLY COOL! BUT THE CIVIC IS A HATCHBACK I THINK IT IS THE OLDER ONES. BUT DRIFTING IS AN AMAZING EXPERIENCE YOU JUST HAVE TO SEE FOR IT YOURSELF.
MY DREAM CAR WOULD BE A CIVIC SO I HOPE TO GET THAT THOUGH IT SEEMS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE.
WELL THATS MY INPUT.
=]


Powersliding, drifting, almost losing control, and hydroplaning are four totally different things.

Ask anyone who actually drifts or studies drifting and isn't blinded by initial D or videogames. You can't drift in Civics.

I wish you luck in getting your civic.


no you got it all wrong my dream car isnt a civic it is a RX7 i wrote it wrong because of the topic was about civics thats why but drifting is possible in a civic i promise


In that case, i stand corrected. I wish you luck in the Rx7.

as for drifting a civic, sure, it's possible... if you modify it to be rear wheel drive (which i do admit i have seen done...with an over $45,000 budget...)

you can't drift a fwd car. What you experienced was more than likely powersliding or him just almost losing control. Everyone here will give you the same answer as me (exception is if they're trying to impress you by making you think they can drift, which might give them a chance to get in your pants).




uh thanks but no thanks
im just a person who is into cars as much as people are here.
and i gotta admit that is true if you modify your car.


In that case, please do your own research on drifting. You'll be using my same tone on your civic buddy sooner than you think.
280 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Cebu, Philippines.
Offline
Posted 10/23/08
I can't drive yet. But I really want to learn. Drifting is so choy. :))
29 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25
Offline
Posted 10/23/08
drifting really is the greatest. unfortionetly i dont have a FR yet but what i do is touge pretty much just againest the clock in my car. ive studyed just about everythig there is about drifting and the history of it to its grass roots of touge racing. ive actully done a good 7 page paper single spaced about it all.
117 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / New York City
Offline
Posted 10/23/08
Drift racing is for people who can't race.
29 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25
Offline
Posted 10/23/08
umm sure thats why it takes a great amount of skill to do it. any one can drive a stright line or in a circle but let me see u take a car into a turn get it sideways and hold it and then switch-back into the next turn.
850 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / california
Offline
Posted 10/24/08

driftergary189 wrote:

drifting really is the greatest. unfortionetly i dont have a FR yet but what i do is touge pretty much just againest the clock in my car. ive studyed just about everythig there is about drifting and the history of it to its grass roots of touge racing. ive actully done a good 7 page paper single spaced about it all.



uhmm i think it goes beyond your ordinary "touge" drifting comes from nascar(sad to say) (all rwd high hp/torque) trying to control a car with lots of power is very hard to do so they ended up drifting a bit by bit but it wasnt so famous to slide in nascar but to keep incontrol of the car




Firepac wrote:

Drift racing is for people who can't race.



hmmmm race? like what street race? noob get that out of here
nascar = uses a form of drifting
rally = uses a form of drifting
touge = uses drifting from time to time
drifting = obviously uses drifting
gymkhana = uses drifting

or rephrase what your trying to say




driftergary189 wrote:

umm sure thats why it takes a great amount of skill to do it. any one can drive a stright line or in a circle but let me see u take a car into a turn get it sideways and hold it and then switch-back into the next turn.



lol you forgot to mention take a turn sideways at about 100 mph slowing down while still holding angle transitioning back and transitioning back again and again and again (oh and you forgot to mention using everything your car has to get it sideways, clutch/ebrake/brakes/gas it takes a lot more skill than just hitting the gas and turning
29 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25
Offline
Posted 10/27/08
lol ya really, ur useing everybit of potential that the car has to offer, i did for get to mention that while controlling it to its very limits. and about nascar, idk i spent a good 4 months doing all th research and though drifting isnt from just touge i never saw referance to nascar. where i did see referance to is the jgtc but it is all started from the japanese cause it was them that embraced it and turned it into what it is today. im not sayin that people in nascar didnt but i wouldnt say that its drifting grass roots either though.
850 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / california
Offline
Posted 10/27/08

driftergary189 wrote:

lol ya really, ur useing everybit of potential that the car has to offer, i did for get to mention that while controlling it to its very limits. and about nascar, idk i spent a good 4 months doing all th research and though drifting isnt from just touge i never saw referance to nascar. where i did see referance to is the jgtc but it is all started from the japanese cause it was them that embraced it and turned it into what it is today. im not sayin that people in nascar didnt but i wouldnt say that its drifting grass roots either though.





dood are you kidding me??? nascar vehicles have soo much power for a measly single cam, and rocken differntials for more power to the ground, guys i ask you this (although i am not a nascar fan) what happens when a driver finishes first? what does he do after as a celebration? donuts... and nascars been around since like the 50's im not saying they were drifting back in the 50's but since nascar is one of the first motorsports i give it props and all of nascars cars are built into a rwd car so a car with tons of power and 173289273 people like centimeters away from each other, im pretty sure you need to know how to handle a rwd aka learn to drift lol
65 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Lithuania
Offline
Posted 11/11/08 , edited 11/11/08
Hey, sorry for maby a stupid question, but you won't know if you don't ask... do I have to remove ABS if i want to drift?
1879 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / California
Offline
Posted 11/11/08

Jotvingis wrote:

Hey, sorry for maby a stupid question, but you won't know if you don't ask... do I have to remove ABS if i want to drift? p.s. how to fuck do i change that stupid avatar? -.-


ABS is a keeper. The only 3-letter word that i can think of that'd need any real modification is the LSD.
If you have a rear wheel drive car with a stickshift, you're good for doing basics.
65 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Lithuania
Offline
Posted 11/11/08

RossoCorsa wrote:


Jotvingis wrote:

Hey, sorry for maby a stupid question, but you won't know if you don't ask... do I have to remove ABS if i want to drift? p.s. how to fuck do i change that stupid avatar? -.-


ABS is a keeper. The only 3-letter word that i can think of that'd need any real modification is the LSD.
If you have a rear wheel drive car with a stickshift, you're good for doing basics.


Thnx, (keeper means I leave it right?) still don't have my drivers license, and it's not easy to get an RWD car in my country but I'm looking for it ^-^
1879 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / California
Offline
Posted 11/11/08

Jotvingis wrote:


RossoCorsa wrote:


Jotvingis wrote:

Hey, sorry for maby a stupid question, but you won't know if you don't ask... do I have to remove ABS if i want to drift? p.s. how to fuck do i change that stupid avatar? -.-


ABS is a keeper. The only 3-letter word that i can think of that'd need any real modification is the LSD.
If you have a rear wheel drive car with a stickshift, you're good for doing basics.


Thnx, (keeper means I leave it right?) still don't have my drivers license, and it's not easy to get an RWD car in my country but I'm looking for it ^-^


If you absolutely can't find a car that's rear wheel drive, an awd car that's made more towards rally car competition is a perfect match for you. Since rally cars were built to handle almost any worldly terrain at any time, they've got the most balance going on the car. So although it's not like insanely fast or a perfect drift machine, at least you have a car that doesn't suck at any specific thing. and yes, keeper = keep it in.
198 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 11/11/08
Drifting has its pros and cons. As for me I find it entertaining than some. Yes it's true that some corners aren't best suited for drifting but you have to mix and grip and drift if you want to be fast. You don't really need much. Just get a rwd manual. As for modification you don't really need to do anything. But if you need to do a few modification having an upgraded suspension, LSD (2way in my opinion is good), wide fenders (for bigger tires and angle), and some cars that needs a little more steering angle. As for the person that has a RX7 with the working DTSS just remove unless your already used to it. I'm in the process of removing mines since it's old.
65 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Lithuania
Offline
Posted 11/12/08 , edited 11/12/08

RossoCorsa wrote:


Jotvingis wrote:


RossoCorsa wrote:


Jotvingis wrote:

Hey, sorry for maby a stupid question, but you won't know if you don't ask... do I have to remove ABS if i want to drift? p.s. how to fuck do i change that stupid avatar? -.-


ABS is a keeper. The only 3-letter word that i can think of that'd need any real modification is the LSD.
If you have a rear wheel drive car with a stickshift, you're good for doing basics.


Thnx, (keeper means I leave it right?) still don't have my drivers license, and it's not easy to get an RWD car in my country but I'm looking for it ^-^


If you absolutely can't find a car that's rear wheel drive, an awd car that's made more towards rally car competition is a perfect match for you. Since rally cars were built to handle almost any worldly terrain at any time, they've got the most balance going on the car. So although it's not like insanely fast or a perfect drift machine, at least you have a car that doesn't suck at any specific thing. and yes, keeper = keep it in.


It's not like impossible to find an RWD car round here, it's just that better ones costs money... there are cheaper ones but they all are like BMW, Mercedes or Ford Scorpio and Sierra that were driven by "gangstas" and "mafiozos" so they'r alomoast dead... (and I realy don't have money for a brand new car ). ofcourse I think I could afford a new (or almost new) Lada or VAZ (the older version) because some of them are RWD but it's not the best car ever...
1879 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / California
Offline
Posted 11/12/08

Jotvingis wrote:


RossoCorsa wrote:


Jotvingis wrote:


RossoCorsa wrote:


Jotvingis wrote:

Hey, sorry for maby a stupid question, but you won't know if you don't ask... do I have to remove ABS if i want to drift? p.s. how to fuck do i change that stupid avatar? -.-


ABS is a keeper. The only 3-letter word that i can think of that'd need any real modification is the LSD.
If you have a rear wheel drive car with a stickshift, you're good for doing basics.


Thnx, (keeper means I leave it right?) still don't have my drivers license, and it's not easy to get an RWD car in my country but I'm looking for it ^-^


If you absolutely can't find a car that's rear wheel drive, an awd car that's made more towards rally car competition is a perfect match for you. Since rally cars were built to handle almost any worldly terrain at any time, they've got the most balance going on the car. So although it's not like insanely fast or a perfect drift machine, at least you have a car that doesn't suck at any specific thing. and yes, keeper = keep it in.


It's not like impossible to find an RWD car round here, it's just that better ones costs money... there are cheaper ones but they all are like BMW, Mercedes or Ford Scorpio and Sierra that were driven by "gangstas" and "mafiozos" so they'r alomoast dead... (and I realy don't have money for a brand new car ). ofcourse I think I could afford a new (or almost new) Lada or VAZ (the older version) because some of them are RWD but it's not the best car ever...


One thing you need to remember is that with any used car, you're buying it as it was when someone sells it to you. it might be because they just don't want the car anymore, or it could be something like an electrical or rust problem that they aren't telling you about.

So really, if you're buying a car especially for something like drifting, you now are going to put in just about the same amount of money into that car as you did the price of the car, sometimes even more.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.