First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Israel's Peres says attack on Iran likely
28487 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / London
Offline
Posted 11/6/11
Yeah war with Iran looks like its going to happen. I think we can expect Libya style airstrikes soon enough from the US and UK.
2035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 11/6/11

squirrel3d wrote:



You know I'm black IRL, right? (I mean damn, as if saying enough times in some past threads was enough...)

Remind me to stay away from political threads like this from now on....because if explain why Iran should've been disarmed long ago, it'll end up becoming a flaming debate.



Forums were made for debating.
Why should Iran be disarmed? What right do you have to decide which countries should be disarmed? Just because they are muslim?
You know, this 'disarming' will cost a hell lot of civilian lifes, probably millions.
Soldiers will be sent to another country and they will also kill civilians who just try to fight back an invading army and as far as I know, Iran hasn't attacked even a single country in this or the last century.
Obviously Iran is a hell lot more peacefull than both Israel and the USA and much less a thread for other nations.
3238 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 11/6/11

sindba-d wrote:


Obviously Iran is a hell lot more peacefull than both Israel and the USA and much less a thread for other nations.


You just answered your own question. And since you speak glowingly of that nation, why don't you go live there.

40322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 11/6/11
This wouldn't be the first time that Israel has attacked nuclear sites in the Middle East. If they do attack, they can, and probably will go it alone. I'm sure they're considering the counterattacks that may come in response to this, but their announcing of the plan itself may be in an attempt to push other countries to enact alternate measures that would diffuse the situation. Iran has already killed their own people, their president has called for the annihilation of Israel, and now they're getting closer and closer to having a nuclear weapon. Regardless of your opinion on Israel, the idea of a nation like Iran possessing a nuclear weapon is something that I don't think anyone in the Middle East is looking forward to.
Posted 11/6/11

So, black people can't take a joke?
2035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 11/7/11

Mad_Loner wrote:

This wouldn't be the first time that Israel has attacked nuclear sites in the Middle East. If they do attack, they can, and probably will go it alone.

Yes and that after everything we saw this year in Japan.


Mad_Loner wrote:

I'm sure they're considering the counterattacks that may come in response to this, but their announcing of the plan itself may be in an attempt to push other countries to enact alternate measures that would diffuse the situation.

And this is what I don't get. Why does Israel get support?


Mad_Loner wrote:

Iran has already killed their own people,

Maybe someone from the USA shouldn't really point his finger at other countries with capital punishment.



Mad_Loner wrote:

their president has called for the annihilation of Israel,

As far as I know, the deletion from the maps, which was meant as a political measure, not as in 'kill them all'.


Mad_Loner wrote:

and now they're getting closer and closer to having a nuclear weapon.

That is what I don't believe. A nuke would be the perfect protection of a country against any invading army. Even the USA keep their hands off of nations with nukes.

If Iran had nukes or was close to getting nukes, they would make it public immediatelly because it would protect them. Also you don't throw your only shield at an enemy as much as you don't like him.


Mad_Loner wrote:

Regardless of your opinion on Israel, the idea of a nation like Iran possessing a nuclear weapon is something that I don't think anyone in the Middle East is looking forward to.

Pakistan and Israel have nukes and I consider both nations as more of a thread than Iran.


"We possess several hundred atomic warheads and rockets and can launch them at targets in all directions, perhaps even at Rome. Most European capitals are targets for our air force. Let me quote General Moshe Dayan: 'Israel must be like a mad dog, too dangerous to bother.' I consider it all hopeless at this point. We shall have to try to prevent things from coming to that, if at all possible. Our armed forces, however, are not the thirtieth strongest in the world, but rather the second or third. We have the capability to take the world down with us. And I can assure you that that will happen before Israel goes under."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samson_Option#Deterrence_Doctrine


I am more afraid of Israel than of Iran.
12271 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Anime world...
Offline
Posted 11/7/11
sigh. great another war.

Anyway, I thought the world is going to have a recession....are they really sure they want to fight now? I mean, they won't get much funding....
38183 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / All the Good & Ba...
Offline
Posted 11/7/11
One thing for sure coming from my view: The U.S should not intervene, the U.S has a problem when it comes to wars and all was getting involve, plus Iran has a nuke so going into war with them might be the stupidest thing our nation has done
40322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 11/7/11

sindba-d wrote:


Mad_Loner wrote:

This wouldn't be the first time that Israel has attacked nuclear sites in the Middle East. If they do attack, they can, and probably will go it alone.

Yes and that after everything we saw this year in Japan.


I don't really understand your point here. Israel has bombed nuclear sites in Syria in the past. Their actions don't effect Japan, in fact Japan abstained from voting on a measure for Palestinian access to a UN cultural and educational agency recently.


sindba-d wrote:


Mad_Loner wrote:

I'm sure they're considering the counterattacks that may come in response to this, but their announcing of the plan itself may be in an attempt to push other countries to enact alternate measures that would diffuse the situation.

And this is what I don't get. Why does Israel get support?


It isn't necessarily support for Israel, rather an objection of Iran's possible plans for a nuclear weapon. They want a larger influence in the area, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has repeatedly stated his desire for a new caliphate, and in order for that to happen he needs a majority of the countries in the Middle East to be unified, and he intends for Iran to head that union.


sindba-d wrote:


Mad_Loner wrote:

Iran has already killed their own people,

Maybe someone from the USA shouldn't really point his finger at other countries with capital punishment.


Capital punishment is a sentence that is given to the most heinous of crimes and is not exclusive to the United States. Executing a criminal is not on par with shooting an unarmed woman who is posing no threat whatsoever, a trial is held, and a substantial amount evidence is required before capital punishment can even be considered. Appeals are also allowed just in case there was a mistake at the original trial. Please look up Neda Agha-Soltan, watch the video if you can bear to, and then tell me that her death is equal to capital punishment. When our law enforcement officials commit such acts, someone is held accountable and suffers punishment for it, I don't think anyone was held responsible for what happened to her.


sindba-d wrote:


Mad_Loner wrote:

their president has called for the annihilation of Israel,

As far as I know, the deletion from the maps, which was meant as a political measure, not as in 'kill them all'.


Deleting a nation from your maps is something that any government can do. The US refused to recognize mainland China after their communist revolution, instead calling Taiwan "China" until the Nixon Administration. If that is what Mahmoud Ahmadinejad meant, then why does he even bother to mention them in any further statements? He has always been hostile to that nation, whether he was provoked or not, since he became the president of Iran. If he simply wants them to be off of all maps, then he can do that in his country, but if he wants the nation of Israel to no longer exist in the future and takes action to accomplish that, he will be met by resistance from them and a lot of people will die on both sides.


sindba-d wrote:


Mad_Loner wrote:

and now they're getting closer and closer to having a nuclear weapon.

That is what I don't believe. A nuke would be the perfect protection of a country against any invading army. Even the USA keep their hands off of nations with nukes.

If Iran had nukes or was close to getting nukes, they would make it public immediatelly because it would protect them. Also you don't throw your only shield at an enemy as much as you don't like him.


Supposedly Iraq had weapons of mass destruction and yet the US invaded them (an action I didn't agree with). If push comes to shove, nuclear weapons only deter so much. Besides, it isn't the idea that Iran would use the weapon in that manner that has people worried, it's their president's radical statements that have people afraid that he would use the weapons in an offensive manner. A lot of people don't trust Pakistan either, and they have nuclear weapons, but as unstable as their country may seem from the outside they do seem to have a leader who is more interested in resolving issues rather than creating new ones.

Also, I don't dislike Iran, I just don't trust Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.


sindba-d wrote:


Mad_Loner wrote:

Regardless of your opinion on Israel, the idea of a nation like Iran possessing a nuclear weapon is something that I don't think anyone in the Middle East is looking forward to.

Pakistan and Israel have nukes and I consider both nations as more of a thread than Iran.


Again, Pakistan seems to have a more rational leader, and as for Israel, the entire international community is watching them almost in anticipation that they will do something bad. Their only goal is to exist and yet everyone around them doesn't like them. Yes, they have a nuke, but they haven't used it and I don't think they ever would except as a last resort. Pakistan also has India, another nuclear power, as a neighbor, and while personally I'd prefer it if no one had nuclear weapons, they do exist, and when you discuss who should and shouldn't have them, it's better if the people who do possess them are the people who are the least likely to use them. Sounds odd, but that's how it is, and Iran under Mahmoud Ahmadinejad seems more likely to use nuclear bombs as a weapon rather than a shield.


sindba-d wrote:


"We possess several hundred atomic warheads and rockets and can launch them at targets in all directions, perhaps even at Rome. Most European capitals are targets for our air force. Let me quote General Moshe Dayan: 'Israel must be like a mad dog, too dangerous to bother.' I consider it all hopeless at this point. We shall have to try to prevent things from coming to that, if at all possible. Our armed forces, however, are not the thirtieth strongest in the world, but rather the second or third. We have the capability to take the world down with us. And I can assure you that that will happen before Israel goes under."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samson_Option#Deterrence_Doctrine


I am more afraid of Israel than of Iran.


Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. The US has spies all over the world, including Israel, and our views don't always meet. I'm pretty sure that if Israel really were planning on striking a target, the US would know about it, even if they didn't tell us. The goal of all of the world should be peace, and hopefully that may one day be obtained, but it won't happen if people continue to hate. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad isn't helping anything with his words and actions. Some might say the words and actions of other countries or leaders hurt the process too, and I would agree with that, but the goal should be to change that mindset, and change who those leaders are.

While it is scary for Israel to threaten to bomb Iran, it is even scarier to think what the response might be. The Middle East is already pretty shaky considering everything that is happening and has happened there. I don't want Israel to bomb Iran because innocent people will probably die if they do, and I don't want any more countries to have nuclear weapons because of the destruction that they bring, but we can't control the actions of others.

All we can do is try to do our best as individuals to care about each other and pick each other up when we fall. There will always be conflict, but it's how we respond to the conflicts that determines our place in the world. No country is perfect, but we can always improve how we live our lives and how we treat each other.

I don't know what country you're from, but I sincerely hope that you stay safe and have a happy, long life. Hopefully, one day we won't have to talk about things like this and nuclear weapons will be a thing of the past.

2954 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Tha Devil's Playg...
Offline
Posted 11/7/11
If America, enters another war, I am going to stop paying taxes!!!!!
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.