First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
Post Reply What is Death?
3532 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Pandemonium
Offline
Posted 3/18/13

lordseth23 wrote:


Syndicaidramon wrote:

Because there's nothing of substance there. It's just a guy philosophizing and using science-words in order to sound smart, without presenting any actual evidence to support his claims.

He sites a credible source that confirms his point. That is credibility.

Because of what it says in the article.


So what actual evidence is their to disprove his claims?

What credible source would that be?

Where in the article does it say that it is scientifically impossible for souls to exist?


The second source I provided for one.

http://www.braininjury.com/symptoms.shtml

Read it again and see for yourself. http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/guest-blog/2011/05/23/physics-and-the-immortality-of-the-soul/
32425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 3/18/13


Where is the credibility in this braininjury.com article?

I did read the article and it did not disprove the possibility of the existence of souls. How does the article disprove the existence of souls?
3532 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Pandemonium
Offline
Posted 3/18/13

lordseth23 wrote:



Where is the credibility in this braininjury.com article?

I did read the article and it did not disprove the possibility of the existence of souls. How does the article disprove the existence of souls?


Where is the credibility in the link you provided?

I previously quoted the conclution reached by the article. If you didn't understand what led up to that conclution, then you'll simply have to read it again.
32425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 3/18/13

Syndicaidramon wrote:

Where is the credibility in the link you provided?

I previously quoted the conclution reached by the article. If you didn't understand what led up to that conclution, then you'll simply have to read it again.


It explicitly stated that the author is a doctor.

And how does that conclusion disprove the existence of souls?
3532 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Pandemonium
Offline
Posted 3/18/13 , edited 3/18/13

lordseth23 wrote:


Syndicaidramon wrote:

Where is the credibility in the link you provided?

I previously quoted the conclution reached by the article. If you didn't understand what led up to that conclution, then you'll simply have to read it again.


It explicitly stated that the author is a doctor.

And how does that conclusion disprove the existence of souls?


And yet, he presents nothing to actually back up his claims. He's just philosophizing. His degree doesn't mean squat. Bullshit is still bullshit, no matter who it comes from.
And rather than actually giving you an answer to your question, I will ask one in return... Are you DENYING that patients that have suffered brain damage often change personality as a result? Are you denying that a brain damage can affect someone's psyche?



Do you understand what "conclution" means?
32425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 3/18/13

Syndicaidramon wrote:

And yet, he presents nothing to actually back up his claims. He's just philosophizing. His degree doesn't squat.
And rather than actually giving you an answer to your question, I will ask one in return... Are you DENYING that patients that have suffered brain damage often change personality as a result? Are you denying that a brain damage can affect someone's psyche?



Do you understand what "conclution" means?


But what evidence is their to disprove the existence of souls?

The soul can take on as many personalities as it wants to, a person that has suffered brain damage still has a soul, it is just that the soul is taking on a different personality or is temporarily suspended from expression as a result of the brain damage.

By "conclution", do you mean a restatement of the topic sentence at the end of a paragraph?
3532 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Pandemonium
Offline
Posted 3/18/13

lordseth23 wrote:


Syndicaidramon wrote:

And yet, he presents nothing to actually back up his claims. He's just philosophizing. His degree doesn't squat.
And rather than actually giving you an answer to your question, I will ask one in return... Are you DENYING that patients that have suffered brain damage often change personality as a result? Are you denying that a brain damage can affect someone's psyche?



Do you understand what "conclution" means?


The soul can take on as many personalities as it wants to, a person that has suffered brain damage still has a soul, it is just that the soul is taking on a different personality or is temporarily suspended from expression as a result of the brain damage.

By "conclution", do you mean a restatement of the topic sentence at the end of a paragraph?


And you base this on what? I strongly suspect that you are pulling this out of your ass.
And besides, if that was the case, then that means that the soul doesn't actually do anything. So even IF it existed, it might as well not even be there, because it is completely dependent on how the brain works.

Definition of conclusion:
1. The close or last part; the end or finish.
2. The result or outcome of an act or process.
3. A judgment or decision reached after deliberation.
32425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 3/18/13

Syndicaidramon wrote:

And you base this on what? I strongly suspect that you are pulling this out of your ass.
And besides, if that was the case, then that means that the soul doesn't actually do anything. So even IF it existed, it might as well not even be there, because it is completely dependent on how the brain works.

Definition of conclusion:
1. The close or last part; the end or finish.
2. The result or outcome of an act or process.
3. A judgment or decision reached after deliberation.


What makes you think that it isn't true?

Why would you think that the soul doesn't actually do anything?

Why are you defining conclusion? I thought you wanted me to understand the definition of "conclution"?
4169 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 3/18/13
Is when you die fighting with swords...
2975 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Canada eh
Offline
Posted 3/18/13
Death is just another journey One must take after completing the last journey called Life.
3532 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Pandemonium
Offline
Posted 3/19/13

lordseth23 wrote:


Syndicaidramon wrote:

And you base this on what? I strongly suspect that you are pulling this out of your ass.
And besides, if that was the case, then that means that the soul doesn't actually do anything. So even IF it existed, it might as well not even be there, because it is completely dependent on how the brain works.

Definition of conclusion:
1. The close or last part; the end or finish.
2. The result or outcome of an act or process.
3. A judgment or decision reached after deliberation.


What makes you think that it isn't true?

Why would you think that the soul doesn't actually do anything?

Why are you defining conclusion? I thought you wanted me to understand the definition of "conclution"?


Because, AGAIN, he presents nothing to back up the things he says. He's just doing baseless philosophizing.

Because if the soul has no effect on the person's thoughts, then what is it supposed to do?

Do you not understand what a conclusion is when you have it defined?
32425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 3/19/13

Syndicaidramon wrote:

Because, AGAIN, he presents nothing to back up the things he says. He's just doing baseless philosophizing.

Because if the soul has no effect on the person's thoughts, then what is it supposed to do?

Do you not understand what a conclusion is when you have it defined?


And what evidence is there to prove his claims untrue?

Why would you think that the soul has no effect on a person's thoughts?

Why wouldn't I understand the definition of conclusion?
3532 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Pandemonium
Offline
Posted 3/19/13

lordseth23 wrote:


Syndicaidramon wrote:

Because, AGAIN, he presents nothing to back up the things he says. He's just doing baseless philosophizing.

Because if the soul has no effect on the person's thoughts, then what is it supposed to do?

Do you not understand what a conclusion is when you have it defined?


And what evidence is there to prove his claims untrue?

Why would you think that the soul has no effect on a person's thoughts?

Why wouldn't I understand the definition of conclusion?


The article I provided.

Why should it? If it has to change personality because of how the brain works, then what reason is there to think that it does?

I don't know. But you've proven that you don't.
Banned
31569 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / The Void.
Offline
Posted 3/19/13
It just the body dying. What is so fucking complicated?
32425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 3/19/13

Syndicaidramon wrote:

The article I provided.

Why should it? If it has to change personality because of how the brain works, then what reason is there to think that it does?

I don't know. But you've proven that you don't.


Where in the article that you provided proved the his claims untrue?

Where else would a person's thoughts come from, if they don't come from the soul?

How did I prove that I didn't understand the definition of conclusion?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.