First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Online Piracy Act (Protect our Websites!)
28074 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 11/16/11 , edited 11/16/11
I'm against piracy and I can see how this could be helpful, but it just looks like it could do more harm than good
935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / New York City
Offline
Posted 11/16/11

Kawashima00 wrote:

I'm against piracy and I can see how this could be helpful, but it just looks lik it could do mor harm than good


well i dont know what to say about THAT, but i agree with the " it could do more harm than good" because this effects A LOT of people if u really think about it and when they realize what has happen (if it does) their will be a Uproar i'm sure .
40022 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Georgia, USA
Offline
Posted 11/16/11
I'm also against piracy, however I'm also against government intervention in most situations and especially when dealing with an issue LIKE piracy. Every time the gov't steps in to "help" they make everything more difficult. I'm not sure how this law would protect an individual's rights. It's nothing more than a more invasive intrusion on both companies and individuals, and more government regulation, which will end up costing technology companies more while film and music industries win. The music and film industry are getting on my nerves. I don't support Hollywood (no television and I don't go to the movies), I'd rather support companies like Apple or Crunchyroll that provide more innovative ways to get content to me (like books and such). Perhaps, those two industries should look at the source of the problem (not satisfying potential customers) and not try and put a government bandaid on it.

935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / New York City
Offline
Posted 11/16/11

lunarkitty24 wrote:

I'm also against piracy, however I'm also against government intervention in most situations and especially when dealing with an issue LIKE piracy. Every time the gov't steps in to "help" they make everything more difficult. I'm not sure how this law would protect an individual's rights. It's nothing more than a more invasive intrusion on both companies and individuals, and more government regulation, which will end up costing technology companies more while film and music industries win. The music and film industry are getting on my nerves. I don't support Hollywood (no television and I don't go to the movies), I'd rather support companies like Apple or Crunchyroll that provide more innovative ways to get content to me (like books and such). Perhaps, those two industries should look at the source of the problem (not satisfying potential customers) and not try and put a government bandaid on it.



yes u do have a point, and with the government tries to "HELP" they do tend to screw everything up
40022 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Georgia, USA
Offline
Posted 11/16/11 , edited 11/16/11
Not sure if other people know about this link but here is a petition: https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions#!/petition/stop-e-parasite-act/SWBYXX55 sign it and pass it around
3895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / потерян
Offline
Posted 11/16/11
Wow.
When I thought the US couldn't get more retarded.
This happens.
Posted 11/16/11
I think they're bluffing.
935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / New York City
Offline
Posted 11/16/11
I know right, its a SHAME i'm soo tired of the government taking things away from us like we did something wrong, when they take OUR tax money out of OUR pay checks . .smh
59713 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / United States
Online
Posted 11/16/11 , edited 11/16/11
if you all had supported sites like crunchyroll rather than your pirate sites then they likely wouldn't need such measures. Industries such as hollywood and anime lose a lot of income to pirated content. It wont change this site as they get content legally so I honestly don't care! I don't see it being enforced unless a corporation actually comes to the authorities with a substantial case which warrants concern. This bill is not new and I have seen a bunch of you complain on this forum that they will be taking away the illegal content. Obviously you don't say that but its true. You are not entitled to it in the first place so get over it. However The bill may not be worded the best way and may need to be changed like the google person said. I do think we need to police sites offering illegal content. It would also likely create a new agency which would mean more jobs!
2337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 11/16/11
I'd rather have law enforcement work more on catching illegal uploaders and people who download/torrent in addition to this bill but then you'll have people who claim that it's a waste of taxpayer's money.

That's why I propose we fine them a hefty fine to make up the amount we spend on catching them + more!
And we'll also create jobs in the process... Win-Win proposition right there!


And if you disagree with this idea then you obviously support illegal activities *smirk face*
66780 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Lagrange, KY
Offline
Posted 11/16/11


facedesk.jpg well how did crunchy roll and youtube start in the first place? I am not typing it out you should know this by now. The freedom or sharing of information should not be censored by the internet or by anyone, all this will do is create a police state with no room of growth in the digital market. We have ways of dealing with illegal content as it is through the dmca, corporations need to stop linening up peoples pockets by paying their selected senator assholes off so they can get what they want, MORE FOR THEM AND LESS FOR YOU. You're probably one of those that believe that 1 illegal download = a loss sale, not true. In the entertainment business it's better to try something out first then doing a shot in the dark especially with my newer hobby "visual novels" or "light novels". No i am not entitled to anything for free however if I take an interest in something but have no way of seeing it or playing it then I will do that way, you can call that what you will but that's how I have always been. I have supported the market in japan with over 3,000 dollars by importing games, manga etc by doing this first eh.. what else I don't know... the dmca is doing fine btw it just shut down hongfire the biggest torrent vn site for you know, i really don't think we need anymore bills "the site is still up but only talking about patches and just became a community like onemanga"
19994 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 11/16/11
You can sign here to stop this: http://www.avaaz.org/en/save_the_internet/?cOGBLbb
It takes 5 seconds to sign!
Posted 11/16/11
The government already has enough control over our lives, why should they have more over our private lives?

Get this fucking censorship out of OUR Internets.

Once the government regulates our lives - It's not freedom; it's anarchy.

This will be all.

Hopefully the bill will be killed while it's debated through the different committees or rectified to a reasonable sense.
12032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Washington
Offline
Posted 11/16/11
This is unconstitutional! One of the Amendments is FREEDOM OF SPEECH
935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / New York City
Offline
Posted 11/16/11

AsuraCryin wrote:

The government already has enough control over our lives, why should they have more over our private lives?

Get this fucking censorship out of OUR Internets.

Once the government regulates our lives - It's not freedom; it's anarchy.

This will be all.

Hopefully the bill will be killed while it's debated through the different committees or rectified to a reasonable sense.


i'm WITH YOU 100% ON THAT!! (you have a good reply & a good point!)
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.