First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Weirdest Customs/Traditions you've heard of
Posted 11/19/11 , edited 11/19/11
Gakuran:
The second button from the top of a male's uniform is often given away to a female he is in love with, and is considered a way of confession.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_school_uniform#Gakuran

btw if u can, place a link so people wont think that the tradition you've posted is so weird that its not credible.
Banned
12724 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 11/19/11
One thing I don't do, Question tradition.
Posted 11/20/11
That thing in Spain with the bulls, besides others. Quite funny to see a bull get someone, but besides that it looks pretty pointless to me, pretty much like rodeo.
35796 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Stoke, England
Offline
Posted 11/20/11
In Australia they carry soap everywhere because they're paranoid and butthurt that English people might be cleaner than them.
Posted 11/20/11

CarboKill wrote:

In Australia they carry soap everywhere because they're paranoid and butthurt that English people might be cleaner than them.


Oh God! They're onto us! I just hope we don't get humiliated too badly next time the Ashes come around.
35796 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Stoke, England
Offline
Posted 11/20/11

Cod-of-War wrote:

Oh God! They're onto us! I just hope we don't get humiliated too badly next time the Ashes come around.


I don't watch much cricket.
Posted 11/20/11
Sorry, too lazy to actually care about traditions.....
Posted 11/20/11

CarboKill wrote:


Cod-of-War wrote:

Oh God! They're onto us! I just hope we don't get humiliated too badly next time the Ashes come around.


I don't watch much cricket.



Neither do I. That said, I know we'll lose, and I'm never going to hear the end of it from all the English people I know. Come to think of it, the Ashes are a stupid tradition! Why the hell would anyone want a trophy that's so damn small?
35796 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Stoke, England
Offline
Posted 11/20/11

Cod-of-War wrote:

Neither do I. That said, I know we'll lose, and I'm never going to hear the end of it from all the English people I know. Come to think of it, the Ashes are a stupid tradition! Why the hell would anyone want a trophy that's so damn small?


Meh, the rivalry between these countries is dull.
Posted 11/20/11
Saw this on a documentary about the amazon and apparently certain villages drink a tea (made from the leaves of some amazonian plant) daily, which acts as a natural & super strong vomit inducing agent. The point is to purge your body every morning or some such crap.

It's also used in hallucinogenic rituals which has naturally become an attraction for tourist who claim the induced dreams reveal futures & help them find themselves. Which is bull, they are all there to get stupidly high.
Posted 11/20/11
Tomatina in Spain where you throw tomatoes at eachother in the street and the whole streets turn red. Its awesome One man tried to kick his tomato and it burst in his face instead. I nearly diiiiied
53239 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Norway.
Offline
Posted 11/20/11
Speaking of England.. That wierd Cheese rolling competition they have, that's got to be one of today's wierdest on-going traditions..

http://www.youtube.com/topic/rGaf3bHJAPI/coopers-hill-cheese-rolling-and-wake


Posted 11/20/11

Nozferi wrote:

Speaking of England.. That wierd Cheese rolling competition they have, that's got to be one of today's wierdest on-going traditions..

http://www.youtube.com/topic/rGaf3bHJAPI/coopers-hill-cheese-rolling-and-wake




Theres also 'Gurning' which is even stranger, a competition to make the ugliest face possible



http://gouk.about.com/od/whatsoninseptember/qt/gurningegremont.htm
2265 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / only kami neko knows
Offline
Posted 11/20/11
Ever heard of the Penis Festival?
Posted 11/20/11
Say, I am a big fan of food.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.