First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
Why is it you can never really find cute guys in a book store, or library, or Even Reading a book?
99949 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29
Offline
Posted 11/22/11 , edited 11/22/11
Some likely reasons:

It's cheaper to buy books online along with a larger selection,
Book stores are disappearing slowly. reasons 1 and 4 may have something to do with that and culture is slowly changing,
Guys likely don't stay nearly as long,
Kindle and other electronic book devices are reducing the number of people reading physical books,
The cute guys in your area aren't into books,
You have terrible timing and keep missing them,
or/and they are sitting or laying at home reading books.

well, that's all i can think of for now. ^^
Posted 11/22/11
Well technically you can find cute guys in book stores but majority of the time they are either: taken, married, gay, or any combined mixture of those.
3238 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 11/22/11

kirstinj wrote:


squirrel3d wrote:


kirstinj wrote:


squirrel3d wrote:

Why can't I find a single woman in those places!?


ARE YOU SERIOUS?!


Yes. Okay then, do you really believe I'll be able to find a single woman in a library or book store? I doubt it.

What am I suppose to do, come up to one like a creep while she's reading? I don't know how to approach her without doing this or what to say to her.



your 29 yes?
i'd say smile at her when she's browsing or something. then once you see what book she picks up ask her about it or something



Well okay, but my smile looks creepy. Wish me luck.
Posted 11/22/11

JoeSurf wrote:


dirtymexican97 wrote:

I agree. In ads they have cute guys but then when you go they never smile at you or they're never cute o.o


Would you prefer someone like Robert Pattinson?


GAH!!! robert pattison?!!!! kill me me now...
33131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 11/22/11

kat_37 wrote:


JoeSurf wrote:


dirtymexican97 wrote:

I agree. In ads they have cute guys but then when you go they never smile at you or they're never cute o.o


Would you prefer someone like Robert Pattinson?


GAH!!! robert pattison?!!!! kill me me now...


LOL!!! Tank u. :3
91513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Finland, city of...
Offline
Posted 11/22/11
ummmh why people fail to see thats it's what one has inside matters more than looks?o.o...you see people grow old and the looks tend to get serious damage.^^'''...so if i was in market for girlfriend,i wouldn't care that much about looks...as long as i dont feel uncomfortable around them. ....I jsut think if iwas going to live with someone for many years,i'd have easier time with person who has matching personality to mine^^...jsut saying that's all~~
33131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 11/22/11

Jan- wrote:

ummmh why people fail to see thats it's what one has inside matters more than looks?o.o...you see people grow old and the looks tend to get serious damage.^^'''...so if i was in market for girlfriend,i wouldn't care that much about looks...as long as i dont feel uncomfortable around them. ....I jsut think if iwas going to live with someone for many years,i'd have easier time with person who has matching personality to mine^^...jsut saying that's all~~


Yay! My favorite customer! ^^!!! All I did was read your first post (sentence) and I'm all over you. ^-^
1767 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / In my mind
Offline
Posted 11/22/11
Well, first of all: define cute.

And that they usually don't smile at you is because they are shy. Boys who are into books are usually not as straightforward as other boys. Deal with it.
91513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Finland, city of...
Offline
Posted 11/22/11

JoeSurf wrote:


Jan- wrote:

ummmh why people fail to see thats it's what one has inside matters more than looks?o.o...you see people grow old and the looks tend to get serious damage.^^'''...so if i was in market for girlfriend,i wouldn't care that much about looks...as long as i dont feel uncomfortable around them. ....I jsut think if iwas going to live with someone for many years,i'd have easier time with person who has matching personality to mine^^...jsut saying that's all~~


Yay! My favorite customer! ^^!!! All I did was read your first post (sentence) and I'm all over you. ^-^


well i am honored~~=)...but seriously looks aren't everything,people need to look deeper inside^^
9474 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / a place where i f...
Offline
Posted 11/22/11
well its a rare thing in the real world. it is often in stories.
finding that someone cannot be found in just those places it can come form diff places but they come unexpectedly
29765 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / US of A
Offline
Posted 11/22/11
oh u totally can!!! my local barnes and noble has a starbucks in it and a reeeeeally nice looking dude works there.... but i suppose he doesn't read.... oh well!
2265 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / only kami neko knows
Offline
Posted 11/22/11
What can I say, smart guys are ugly guys.
6904 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Örebro, Sweden.
Offline
Posted 11/22/11 , edited 11/22/11

sizzlingmochi wrote:

What can I say, smart guys are ugly guys.


Not true at all.. intelligence has little to do with appearance. But then again, people who are less confident may spend more time "getting smarter"..
As for the topic, I think that not that many guys read books in general. And whenever they do, it's usually because we receive books as gifts, or even order them online because it's cheaper.

A lot of people are generalizing in this topic, haha..

the fact that this topic even peeked my interest is because I'm writing a book myself.. I wish more guys would spend time reading, but I guess most of us prefer it all summarized in a 2 hour long movie.. because many times guys want the easy way, and might not want to use their imagination as much..
Posted 11/22/11

JoeSurf wrote:


kat_37 wrote:


JoeSurf wrote:


dirtymexican97 wrote:

I agree. In ads they have cute guys but then when you go they never smile at you or they're never cute o.o


Would you prefer someone like Robert Pattinson?


GAH!!! robert pattison?!!!! kill me me now...


LOL!!! Tank u. :3


personally i don't get why girls like him -.-'
69985 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / Where the heart is
Offline
Posted 11/22/11
Because advertising works. You went into a bookstore didn't you?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.