First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Tales of Symphonia
Posted 4/22/08
the OVAs were good...tho if they extended the fightings, it would be lil better =D
20 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33
Offline
Posted 5/20/08 , edited 5/20/08

mafiaman wrote:

the OVA series could have been longer but they made up for it in quality. the drawing and animation is very good quality. better than most.


I agree entirely with this. Actually, I feel they did a tremendous job of keeping what was most important and relevant to the main plotline and even what they switched, took out, even though yeah, it was very short... Even if they only added one or two more episodes to the first half. Sure, we all would've loved to see more, but think hard on this. Would it have made that much of a difference besides showing more battling and side quests to the main plotline? Personally, I'm not so sure it would have made much of a significant impact on the story to be honest, but that's just how I feel. But all that aside, it kept to the point of the story and still completely broke my heart by about halfway through episode 3. And I feel that's intensely impressive writing.

Truth be told, I watched the OVA first and then played through the game (first CD anyway 'cause I want to wait for the rest of the OVA (the other half; 5-8 at least) to be released first before I see what happens.. even though it's slowly killing me to) and I feel the OVA was just perfect in how they wrote it in keeping true to the game so far. It's the little things they tweaked, such as the pendant, showing Colette's deep love for Lloyd to be much more apparent right from the start, and other little aspects here and there for the better to ultimately express that much more emotion for the timing of when, why, and how things happened. And the drawing and animation quality truly is second to none. And that heartbreakingly beautiful song 'Almateria'... *sniff* This series is so special. Watch it if you hadn't already.
3896 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 5/20/08
i haven;t seen it but i think it's a game.... might as well check it out myself....
6124 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / the bed
Offline
Posted 5/20/08
aww thats nostalgic
i rllly like TALES OF SYMPHONIA
bt if it were a whole series it wouldve bn better TT^TT
20 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33
Offline
Posted 5/20/08

mikedova wrote:

i haven;t seen it but i think it's a game.... might as well check it out myself....


Game Cube. ^^ The sequel's out this September on the Wii. I can't wait!!
17108 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F
Offline
Posted 5/20/08
I remeber the game I beat it like 5 or 6 times.OVA was great and music
3896 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 5/20/08

alecfras wrote:


mikedova wrote:

i haven;t seen it but i think it's a game.... might as well check it out myself....


Game Cube. ^^ The sequel's out this September on the Wii. I can't wait!!


thanks for the heads up....

913 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Rochester, NY, USA
Offline
Posted 5/20/08

katle wrote:

I remeber the game I beat it like 5 or 6 times.OVA was great and music :)


i downloaded most of the music.
ironically the only song i cant get my hands on is my favorite.
its the song where the feathers are falling and making the desians weak.
the angelic song. i cant find it anywhere.
458 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / PA
Offline
Posted 5/20/08

alecfras wrote:


mafiaman wrote:

the OVA series could have been longer but they made up for it in quality. the drawing and animation is very good quality. better than most.


I agree entirely with this. Actually, I feel they did a tremendous job of keeping what was most important and relevant to the main plotline and even what they switched, took out, even though yeah, it was very short... Even if they only added one or two more episodes to the first half. Sure, we all would've loved to see more, but think hard on this. Would it have made that much of a difference besides showing more battling and side quests to the main plotline? Personally, I'm not so sure it would have made much of a significant impact on the story to be honest, but that's just how I feel. But all that aside, it kept to the point of the story and still completely broke my heart by about halfway through episode 3. And I feel that's intensely impressive writing.

Truth be told, I watched the OVA first and then played through the game (first CD anyway 'cause I want to wait for the rest of the OVA (the other half; 5-8 at least) to be released first before I see what happens.. even though it's slowly killing me to) and I feel the OVA was just perfect in how they wrote it in keeping true to the game so far. It's the little things they tweaked, such as the pendant, showing Colette's deep love for Lloyd to be much more apparent right from the start, and other little aspects here and there for the better to ultimately express that much more emotion for the timing of when, why, and how things happened. And the drawing and animation quality truly is second to none. And that heartbreakingly beautiful song 'Almateria'... *sniff* This series is so special. Watch it if you hadn't already.


I must say I totally agree with what you say they really did a good job on the plot line if they would have added more to it and followed the game completely we would be stuck with filler eps I really love the way they put it together and I hope that they finish the story and don't leave it where it ended since there's more to be explained.

Also can't wait for the sequel to the game it looks so intresting.
1099 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33
Offline
Posted 5/20/08
THERE IS!!!! NOW I'M EXCITED...
4668 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / philippines,cavite
Offline
Posted 6/2/08
when will the OVA part two will come out
15455 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / singapore~~
Offline
Posted 6/2/08
not very good but good~
555 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / China, i'm in phi...
Offline
Posted 6/2/08
so there's an anime?!?! no one told me i'll watch it
Posted 6/2/08
i didn't know their was an anime.
4668 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / philippines,cavite
Offline
Posted 6/2/08
i didn't know that there are so many people don't know that theres a tales of symphonia anime
273 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 6/3/08
I think the Ova left way to many things out and screwed up the beginning
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.