Comments
15065 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 11/25/11
You have no idea how many shows commenters have spoiled for me because they blurt whatever the heck they want to all over the side of the screen without any regard for anyone else who doesn't know what they happen to know and are just dying to share with you. I want comments gone, automatically, but I cannot find any setting to do that for me.
Ghost Moderator
AHTL 
87563 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Norway
Online
Posted 11/26/11
It isn't that hard to ignore the comment section, nobody is forcing you to read it.
5192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 11/26/11

AHTL wrote:

It isn't that hard to ignore the comment section, nobody is forcing you to read it.


You still see it, maybe we punish the people who spoil like first warn then 1 day ban or whatever or maybe there could be a thing called "Show Comments" you watch the episode then when you are done you can press show comments and the comments apppear and you look at them and if you want to be spoiled you can just press "Show Comments" and the comments appear.
15065 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 11/26/11 , edited 11/26/11

AHTL wrote:

It isn't that hard to ignore the comment section, nobody is forcing you to read it.


Biology is forcing you to read it. Or do you have some superpower of focus that can keep your eyes from automatically scanning everything in your field of vision? Some of us are less fortunate and would just like an off setting.
Kiki's Customer Support Service
Kiki 
100408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Nova Scotia
Offline
Posted 11/26/11

trshaw7 wrote:

You have no idea how many shows commenters have spoiled for me because they blurt whatever the heck they want to all over the side of the screen without any regard for anyone else who doesn't know what they happen to know and are just dying to share with you. I want comments gone, automatically, but I cannot find any setting to do that for me.


I'm afraid we don't have that feature to completely disable video comments. However, thank you for the suggestion. We might add that in the future.
The Wise Wizard
100935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 11/26/11

VongolaXEspada wrote:


AHTL wrote:

It isn't that hard to ignore the comment section, nobody is forcing you to read it.


You still see it, ...

That depends on your screen resolution.

I watch on a HDTV with 1366x768 resolution, and even when I click to view a 480p video, I have to scroll down before the first comment comes into view.

I suspect if I were watching on the 1920x1200 screen of my other computer, however, the outcome would no doubt be different even on a 720p video.

5192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 11/26/11

TheAncientOne wrote:


VongolaXEspada wrote:


AHTL wrote:

It isn't that hard to ignore the comment section, nobody is forcing you to read it.


You still see it, ...

That depends on your screen resolution.

I watch on a HDTV with 1366x768 resolution, and even when I click to view a 480p video, I have to scroll down before the first comment comes into view.

I suspect if I were watching on the 1920x1200 screen of my other computer, however, the outcome would no doubt be different even on a 720p video.



I watch with either my IMac 27 inch with 2560 x 1440 or My Laptop connected to my TV throguh an HDMI its like 1600 x 900 I think, usually with my laptop, and I always see the comments. I see one then it just torments me to look at another and another lol, that's why we need it, people spoil the crap out of shows on this site, espically finales which are usually the best part of the series -_-
The Wise Wizard
100935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 11/26/11 , edited 11/26/11

VongolaXEspada wrote:
I watch with either my IMac 27 inch with 2560 x 1440 or My Laptop connected to my TV throguh an HDMI its like 1600 x 900 I think, usually with my laptop, and I always see the comments. I see one then it just torments me to look at another and another lol, that's why we need it, people spoil the crap out of shows on this site, espically finales which are usually the best part of the series -_-

I can see where 2560 x 1440 would definitely reveal the comments, but I would have thought at 1600 x 900, the comments on 720p videos (assuming that is set as your default) would still be out of view.

That said, when connecting via HDMI even if you notebook screen is 1600 x 900, unless you are mirroring the display, it should default to the resolution of the external display. If you have a 1080p HDTV, that might be enough to bring the first comment into view, even for 720p videos.


Personally, while I don't appreciate spoilers, I still tend to scroll down and read the comments at the beginning, as I often forget to do so if I wait until after watching the episode. Perhaps a "show comments after episode" option would solve both our problems.

55768 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / Calgary, AB
Offline
Posted 11/27/11

TheAncientOne wrote:

Perhaps a "show comments after episode" option would solve both our problems.



QFT... !!! CR NEEDS SOMETHING LIKE THIS
5192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 12/2/11

TheAncientOne wrote:


VongolaXEspada wrote:
I watch with either my IMac 27 inch with 2560 x 1440 or My Laptop connected to my TV throguh an HDMI its like 1600 x 900 I think, usually with my laptop, and I always see the comments. I see one then it just torments me to look at another and another lol, that's why we need it, people spoil the crap out of shows on this site, espically finales which are usually the best part of the series -_-

I can see where 2560 x 1440 would definitely reveal the comments, but I would have thought at 1600 x 900, the comments on 720p videos (assuming that is set as your default) would still be out of view.

That said, when connecting via HDMI even if you notebook screen is 1600 x 900, unless you are mirroring the display, it should default to the resolution of the external display. If you have a 1080p HDTV, that might be enough to bring the first comment into view, even for 720p videos.


Personally, while I don't appreciate spoilers, I still tend to scroll down and read the comments at the beginning, as I often forget to do so if I wait until after watching the episode. Perhaps a "show comments after episode" option would solve both our problems.



Thats what I mean, like a show comments button you press it and the comments appear, that way that people that don't mind being spoiled can read the comments and the people who have high display screen don't get spoiled accidently.
Kiki's Customer Support Service
Kiki 
100408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Nova Scotia
Offline
Posted 6/7/13
We revamped the forums. All the old site/support threads will be locked. Please use the new Help Forum Category.

~Locked
You must be logged in to post.