First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
People who make Top [number] anime list...
17118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/26/11
This thread makes my eyes bleed. I would say more, but then I would just be fanning the flames. : /
The Wise Wizard
99927 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 11/26/11

Otaku2012 wrote:
And you know this because you work at Oricon and in the anime industry? All you are doing is saying they are popular. You really don't have the numbers on the anime at all. Now I know you will say the same to me, but since I see no records, no, top 5's, nothing that shows that Gunslinger girl was a smash hit or popular in Japan. So with that, I said what I said and until the numbers show otherwise, I will stand by it(because I am not just going to take some strangers word for anything) ☆彡 The more you know!

The numbers were provided to you by llamaben, who I know from past experience is a trustworthy source of information. I know him well enough to know he didn't pull those numbers from thin air, so I look forward to him posting the source, and your reaction.

I certainly don't see you providing any numbers, only that you gave up looking for them. Perhaps you forgot to account for the fact you were looking for numbers on an anime released four years before Clannad and almost seven years before Angel Beats.

Thus far, the only support you have provided for your assertion that the series was not popular was that you couldn't find any information on the DVD sales. It isn't that you found information stating low sales numbers, or even reliable statements indicating they were, you simply found no information.

For example, aside from Google, you mentioned looking on ANN for any information on, "...it's sells records or awards or whatever." If you had taken the time to look at the titles for the news articles for 2004 (the year the series finished and most DVD sales would have been made), you would have found there is not a single mention of "Oricon", and only two mentions of "DVD", neither having to do with sales or rankings of any anime. To put it more simply, Japanese DVD sales and Oricon rankings were not news on ANN at that time.

54331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 11/26/11
I love seeing TheAncientOne dragging someone.
16897 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Chesapeake, VA
Offline
Posted 11/26/11

TheAncientOne wrote:

The numbers were provided to you by llamaben, who I know from past experience is a trustworthy source of information. I know him well enough to know he didn't pull those numbers from thin air, so I look forward to him posting the source, and your reaction.

I certainly don't see you providing any numbers, only that you gave up looking for them. Perhaps you forgot to account for the fact you were looking for numbers on an anime released four years before Clannad and almost seven years before Angel Beats.

Thus far, the only support you have provided for your assertion that the series was not popular was that you couldn't find any information on the DVD sales. It isn't that you found information stating low sales numbers, or even reliable statements indicating they were, you simply found no information.

For example, aside from Google, you mentioned looking on ANN for any information on, "...it's sells records or awards or whatever." If you had taken the time to look at the titles for the news articles for 2004 (the year the series finished and most DVD sales would have been made), you would have found there is not a single mention of "Oricon", and only two mentions of "DVD", neither having to do with sales or rankings of any anime. To put it more simply, Japanese DVD sales and Oricon rankings were not news on ANN at that time.



Ok, unlike you, I am not going to trust some dude off of a forum with unsourced numbers. You can say you trust him, good for you. I'll alert NHK. WOOO! Anyway, if an anime is popular in Japan it is easily found on the internet, no trouble at all. But it isn't. So until I see FACTS stating otherwise, spare me the bitching and welcome common sense in to your mind.

Now on the last paragraph you posted: That's why I used Google too buddy. If I could have found what I was looking for on ANN, I wouldn't need Google.

Unrelated note: I am not a fan of those stupid pieces of shit at ANN(at least the Forum staff and their answer guy).
88479 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 11/26/11 , edited 11/26/11

Otaku2012 wrote:

I would absolutely LOVE to see those stats my friend. Because from what I understand all the Bluray Disk were in the top 3 on the Oricon charts(Source: Anime News Network). Now be it, the DVD's did less as good. But the series all together did extremely well. MBS(Japan) recorded a record breaking 4.9% rating for an anime broadcast during the late-night "Anime Shower" timeslot in the past three years(http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/260/260557/). The 14th Japan Media Arts Festival in 2010 recommended the anime as well(http://plaza.bunka.go.jp/festival/2010/recommend/animation.php). Don't let me get on how well the music did. Now I have looked on ANN and Google for anything about gunslinger girl that shows it's sells records or awards or whatever. I got nothing and at the 25th link, gave up.
Because ANN was not reporting that sort of stuff back when Gunslinger Girl aired...

It's a well known fact that TV ratings don't even matter for late night animes on MBS. Here's a comparison of the DVD/Blu-Ray sales on average then.

Gunslinger Girl S1 - 27,644 DVDs and 994 BDs . Albeit most of the DVDs were bundled with games. S2 flopped.
Angel Beats - 22,305 BDs and 11,802 DVDs. Ok, I missed the DVDs when counting them the first time.
Clannad (Both seasons) - 22,320 DVDs and 5,057 BDs,

Factoring in the people who only bought it for the game, Gunslinger Girl would definitely not be on the same level of these two, but you can't deny that it was a hit. Even anime with sales of around 10,000 copies are considered hits.
The Wise Wizard
99927 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 11/26/11

Otaku2012 wrote:
Ok, unlike you, I am not going to trust some dude off of a forum with unsourced numbers. You can say you trust him, good for you. I'll alert NHK. WOOO! Anyway, if an anime is popular in Japan it is easily found on the internet, no trouble at all. But it isn't. So until I see FACTS stating otherwise, spare me the bitching and welcome common sense in to your mind.

There is a thing called reputation (i.e., this guy has posted reliable information many times in the past, therefore I have reason to believe what he posts now). As you will note, as I expected, he provided that source.

As to your "welcome common sense", comment, which shows less common sense?:

1. Assuming a series wasn't popular because you can't find any information stating it was.

2. Assuming an anime was popular because a second series was funded.

I don't see you offering up any sales figures that prove it wasn't popular, nor any explanation of how an "unpopular" series got green-lit for a second go. Perhaps until you offer up some better evidence than that you couldn't find anything, you should consider sparing the "bitching".


Now on the last paragraph you posted: That's why I used Google too buddy. If I could have found what I was looking for on ANN, I wouldn't need Google.

You missed the point, which is that you didn't even take into account the reason you didn't find any information might be because it didn't exist. You seem to be under the mistaken impression the internet always was as it is now.

Given your statement that, "Anyway, if an anime is popular in Japan it is easily found on the internet, no trouble at all", then you shouldn't have any problem finding the DVD sales in Japan for Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, unless of course, you want to claim it was another unpopular series.


16897 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Chesapeake, VA
Offline
Posted 11/26/11 , edited 11/26/11

llamaben wrote:

Because ANN was not reporting that sort of stuff back when Gunslinger Girl aired...

It's a well known fact that TV ratings don't even matter for late night animes on MBS. Here's a comparison of the DVD/Blu-Ray sales on average then.

Gunslinger Girl S1 - 27,644 DVDs and 994 BDs . Albeit most of the DVDs were bundled with games. S2 flopped.
Angel Beats - 22,305 BDs and 11,802 DVDs. Ok, I missed the DVDs when counting them the first time.
Clannad (Both seasons) - 22,320 DVDs and 5,057 BDs,

Factoring in the people who only bought it for the game, Gunslinger Girl would definitely not be on the same level of these two, but you can't deny that it was a hit. Even anime with sales of around 10,000 copies are considered hits.


Thank you Iiamaben. That is all that was needed. You can't dispute number like this, and I am not afraid to say, I STAND CORRECTED! \(^_^)

Now as for you old man, likely could find the sales of that anime on Google. Will I? No. Why? No reason to. But it is GREAT to see an elderly anime fan. I would love to be friends, if you wanna be friends with this old whipper snapper. ^____^
14294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Online
Posted 11/26/11
NARUTO IS THE BEST! BELIEVE IT!
347 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Las Noches, Heuco...
Offline
Posted 11/27/11

chrome_mist wrote:


Espada8 wrote:

The fact that you have One Piece, Gintama, Detective Conan and Usagi Drop proves that there is no fucking faith in humanity and that making lists is stupid and simple-minded.


This coming from a fan of a bleach detergent show? Okay.







This is coming from someone who's seen 310 episodes of it? Okay...
35796 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Stoke, England
Offline
Posted 11/27/11

Otaku2012 wrote:

You stupid piss ant. I may not like the US(at all), but I do love facts. and the fact is the US is better than the UK in nearly every way. The ONLY thing you jackasses have that beats the US is that profanity is not censored on TV. Other than that, the UK is riding on the coat tails of the US and there isn't anything that can be done to fix that.


Lol, what the fuck are you talking about? I thought this was about anime, yo. Fucking Americans eh.
54331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 11/27/11

Espada8 wrote:

This is coming from someone who's seen 310 episodes of it? Okay...


Yes, sure why not? It's probably the worst ongoing shounen anime at the moment.
That's why I dropped it and threw it in the trash.

Problem?
But it's cute that you took your time to visit my flawless profile.
It just shows how desperate you are.

You tried though.



347 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Las Noches, Heuco...
Offline
Posted 11/27/11 , edited 11/27/11

chrome_mist wrote:


Espada8 wrote:

This is coming from someone who's seen 310 episodes of it? Okay...


Yes, sure why not? It's probably the worst ongoing shounen anime at the moment.
That's why I dropped it and threw it in the trash.

Problem?
But it's cute that you took your time to visit my flawless profile.
It just shows how desperate you are.

You tried though.





Bitch please, I had to get SOME material to tear you down and your argument is invalid, ONE PIECE is the shittiest on-going Shounen at the moment, at least Bleach is witty with a unique story line I'd choose shinigamis over stupid pirates anyday. Get the fuck over yourself, and go spawn bullshit stories somewhere else.
Kthxbai.
Posted 11/27/11
I dunno. I see your point with a top list. I have no problem with making a favorite list from what you have seen though...
54331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 11/27/11

Espada8 wrote:

at least Bleach is witty with a unique story line


I stopped reading after that. The delusion....



But we all know the only reason you watch this stupid detergent show is because it has a lot of gay-looking characters.
Your avi, Ichigo, Ishida... and so on.

Typical yaoi fangirl.

One Piece stays the most successful manga of all time.
And Bleach? Nah it's going down the drain together with the other garbage.
347 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Las Noches, Heuco...
Offline
Posted 11/27/11

chrome_mist wrote:


Espada8 wrote:

at least Bleach is witty with a unique story line


I stopped reading after that. The delusion....



But we all know the only reason you watch this stupid detergent show is because it has a lot of gay-looking characters.
Your avi, Ichigo, Ishida... and so on.

Typical yaoi fangirl.

One Piece stays the most successful manga of all time.
And Bleach? Nah it's going down the drain together with the other garbage.


Who the fuck says I'm a girl? XD Typical idiot.
Oh~~~ so you're one of the stupid people who follow tre~~nds, grow a personality, you could learn a thing or two from hipsters, doesn't matter, I'd hate you either way.If you find Bleach such garbage, why the fuck did you watch 310 episodes of it you're a hypocrite so...
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.