First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Anonymous - Occupy Wallstreet
1078 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Shinagawa
Offline
Posted 12/1/11
Okay anons, it's time to take on the war against America's banks for real!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix5ZitgE464
33131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 12/1/11

Big_A wrote:

Okay anons, it's time to take on the war against America's banks for real!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix5ZitgE464


lol what the heck dude... haha.
Posted 12/1/11
Pass. I'd rather occupy threads of people who are too damn lazy to create links for the rest of us.

*sits this ass down.
Banned
12724 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 12/1/11

Big_A wrote:

Okay anons, it's time to take on the war against America's banks for real!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix5ZitgE464


It's not only the banks.
it's the people, the goverment. Everything that is NOT the people.
36538 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Kentucky
Offline
Posted 12/1/11
You just said it was the people, then you said it was everything that was not the people. What does that even mean? Are we Bolsheviks fighting against oppression with the hammer and sickle of the people? What are the demands of the occupy group? All I've heard is that there are too many rich people and too many poor people and the higher ups in businesses (aka, the intelligent people who do things with their lives and deserve to be rich) are too rich and keep too much of THEIR money to themselves. The United States is a capitalist country and until that changes there will always be a substantial number of people living just above, on, or below the poverty line. It is inevitable. The Occupy movement may be, in many ways, like the Arab Spring protests but they will fail where the Arabs succeeded. The Arabs were and are fighting oppressive regimes that deny basic human rights to many people. Also, the Arab protestors had specific demands. They wanted new, democratic governments where the citizens have a say in what laws are made and what the country does. The Occupy protestors are fighting against legitimate companies and have the right to quit their jobs at any moment in time if they feel the employer is being unfair. Furthermore, the Occupy protestors have no specific goals. They want to see economic fairness on a large scale but they offer no solution to the issue. This shows that the occupy movement is made up mostly of an insignificant number of people standing in the streets screaming about how angry they are that the people with important jobs who graduated from Ivy League schools, built businesses from the ground up, and in a sense made the world what it is today, are richer than they are. This movement reflects what I like to call the Entitlement Disorder. This disorder has plagued America for a long time and is now spreading to Europe and East Asia. The Occupy protestors are the one percent in a sense because they are the one percent of the 99%.
36538 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Kentucky
Offline
Posted 12/1/11
Posted 12/1/11
Good thing I don't have a bank account if they follow through with that plan.
33131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 12/1/11

branondorf wrote:

You just said it was the people, then you said it was everything that was not the people. What does that even mean? Are we Bolsheviks fighting against oppression with the hammer and sickle of the people? What are the demands of the occupy group? All I've heard is that there are too many rich people and too many poor people and the higher ups in businesses (aka, the intelligent people who do things with their lives and deserve to be rich) are too rich and keep too much of THEIR money to themselves. The United States is a capitalist country and until that changes there will always be a substantial number of people living just above, on, or below the poverty line. It is inevitable. The Occupy movement may be, in many ways, like the Arab Spring protests but they will fail where the Arabs succeeded. The Arabs were and are fighting oppressive regimes that deny basic human rights to many people. Also, the Arab protestors had specific demands. They wanted new, democratic governments where the citizens have a say in what laws are made and what the country does. The Occupy protestors are fighting against legitimate companies and have the right to quit their jobs at any moment in time if they feel the employer is being unfair. Furthermore, the Occupy protestors have no specific goals. They want to see economic fairness on a large scale but they offer no solution to the issue. This shows that the occupy movement is made up mostly of an insignificant number of people standing in the streets screaming about how angry they are that the people with important jobs who graduated from Ivy League schools, built businesses from the ground up, and in a sense made the world what it is today, are richer than they are. This movement reflects what I like to call the Entitlement Disorder. This disorder has plagued America for a long time and is now spreading to Europe and East Asia. The Occupy protestors are the one percent in a sense because they are the one percent of the 99%.


You discourage the movement, good sir. I challenge you to a duel of wits. What's that over there? HAH Made ya look. :p
3238 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 12/1/11

Big_A wrote:

Okay anons, it's time to take on the war against America's banks for real!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix5ZitgE464



You do know that Occupy Chaos Movement has been exposed time after time for what it really is, right?

36538 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Kentucky
Offline
Posted 12/1/11

JoeSurf wrote:


branondorf wrote:

You just said it was the people, then you said it was everything that was not the people. What does that even mean? Are we Bolsheviks fighting against oppression with the hammer and sickle of the people? What are the demands of the occupy group? All I've heard is that there are too many rich people and too many poor people and the higher ups in businesses (aka, the intelligent people who do things with their lives and deserve to be rich) are too rich and keep too much of THEIR money to themselves. The United States is a capitalist country and until that changes there will always be a substantial number of people living just above, on, or below the poverty line. It is inevitable. The Occupy movement may be, in many ways, like the Arab Spring protests but they will fail where the Arabs succeeded. The Arabs were and are fighting oppressive regimes that deny basic human rights to many people. Also, the Arab protestors had specific demands. They wanted new, democratic governments where the citizens have a say in what laws are made and what the country does. The Occupy protestors are fighting against legitimate companies and have the right to quit their jobs at any moment in time if they feel the employer is being unfair. Furthermore, the Occupy protestors have no specific goals. They want to see economic fairness on a large scale but they offer no solution to the issue. This shows that the occupy movement is made up mostly of an insignificant number of people standing in the streets screaming about how angry they are that the people with important jobs who graduated from Ivy League schools, built businesses from the ground up, and in a sense made the world what it is today, are richer than they are. This movement reflects what I like to call the Entitlement Disorder. This disorder has plagued America for a long time and is now spreading to Europe and East Asia. The Occupy protestors are the one percent in a sense because they are the one percent of the 99%.


You discourage the movement, good sir. I challenge you to a duel of wits. What's that over there? HAH Made ya look. :p


Well played Mr. JoeSurf. Well played.
18438 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / sweden
Offline
Posted 12/1/11 , edited 12/1/11
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/category/occupy-wall-street/
43414 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 12/1/11
There's a difference between a movement, and a gamble. THis is the latter, and unfortunately it also has the very contradictory risk of screwing over the very people they are trying to help, along with screwing over innocent bystanders.

In an economy where money is tight, people need to know that they really do have that last $100 for an emergency, and not be screwed over by an unautohrized charge and be told that they can't have it for minimum 3 days, if not upto or beyond a month due to investigative matters, which may lead to no refund at all.
25344 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Various
Offline
Posted 12/2/11

branondorf wrote:

You just said it was the people, then you said it was everything that was not the people. What does that even mean? Are we Bolsheviks fighting against oppression with the hammer and sickle of the people? What are the demands of the occupy group? All I've heard is that there are too many rich people and too many poor people and the higher ups in businesses (aka, the intelligent people who do things with their lives and deserve to be rich) are too rich and keep too much of THEIR money to themselves. The United States is a capitalist country and until that changes there will always be a substantial number of people living just above, on, or below the poverty line. It is inevitable. The Occupy movement may be, in many ways, like the Arab Spring protests but they will fail where the Arabs succeeded. The Arabs were and are fighting oppressive regimes that deny basic human rights to many people. Also, the Arab protestors had specific demands. They wanted new, democratic governments where the citizens have a say in what laws are made and what the country does. The Occupy protestors are fighting against legitimate companies and have the right to quit their jobs at any moment in time if they feel the employer is being unfair. Furthermore, the Occupy protestors have no specific goals. They want to see economic fairness on a large scale but they offer no solution to the issue. This shows that the occupy movement is made up mostly of an insignificant number of people standing in the streets screaming about how angry they are that the people with important jobs who graduated from Ivy League schools, built businesses from the ground up, and in a sense made the world what it is today, are richer than they are. This movement reflects what I like to call the Entitlement Disorder. This disorder has plagued America for a long time and is now spreading to Europe and East Asia. The Occupy protestors are the one percent in a sense because they are the one percent of the 99%.


Well said, and I mostly agree, however, the Occupy movement does have some valid points. The main problem with the whole Occupy movement is their message, it's who they decided to target/protest and the fact that they let all sorts of other movements with different messages and agendas into their group. Once you get past all the mess, the core of the Occupy message is fairly straight-forward: they want the big corporations and wealthy financiers to hold less power in politics and generally in the lives of everyday people. That message gets lost and misinterpreted in the jumble and noise of the more rowdy (read radical) groups that decided to join the movement. Many people think the Occupy movement is about redistribution of wealth i.e take money from the rich and give it to the less rich, and that perception exists because people don't understand how our monetary system works in the macro level. We use something called a fiat money system, which essentially means most of money gets created artificially (it's called the fiat money system). Most people think our monetary system works like a zero sum game, that is, if there is $100 in the world, and the super rich hold $50 and the rich hold $30, then everyone else holds only $20 and if everyone else all of sudden only has $15, then one of the other groups has that $5 they lost, so in their eyes, the rich getting richer and the middle class and lower are getting poorer, means the rich are taking the middle and lower class's money, and it makes sense to them because, the rich ARE getting richer and the middle and lower classes ARE getting poorer, and there is economic data to back that up. HOWEVER, the rich are getting richer because they are finding new places to make more money and the middle and lower classes are getting poorer because money is simply disappearing, not because it's being redistributed to the rich. As to how and why money "disappears," well, there's a semester long college economic class that can explain about 50% of it.

It doesn't help to "take money from those evil rich banks and give it to the poor," because in the end, it doesn't really fix any problems, and just makes things worse, because doing the "Robin Hood" on the banks will only force them to find ways to "recoup" that money. The best way to "protest" businesses is my voting with your money. You don't have to bank with the large banks, there are plenty of smaller "less evil" banks and credit unions. You can even choose to store your money in a mattress or a safe in your home if you want (although I would highly discourage that for obvious reasons). And if they really want to protest, they need to go to Washington and protest the lawmakers, and tell them to write legislation that creates conditions for a more stable (read predictable) economic environment instead of fighting and pointing fingers at each other.
1078 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Shinagawa
Offline
Posted 12/2/11
Look at the protests. Obama doesn't listen, he voted for Wall Street Bail-outs! It's not just this... It's everything in America!! The corrupt system, and the police-state since 9/11! The most liberal country in the world became an Orwell Society because of some crashed buildings!

America is beyond saving when it comes to voices of the people... the only way to purify the country and restore it to what it once was, is through a chaotic a mercyless revolution!

"Every 100 years, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Even if we can't support them from other countries, we can still help in the tremendous task of informing the rest of the world. The media censors all of this, so it's up to us who loves freedom, and are ready to die for it!
4371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / Rainbow Factory
Offline
Posted 12/2/11
Okay, so what you're proposing here, Poisanon, is a reverse of the system? So you want to take the people on the bottom and put them on the top? But if you do that then won't you just be recreating the same thing that you are fighting against with the only difference being that you are the ones who are the ultra rich "1%"? Here's another question. Is a human being entitled to anything in this world after their birth? You could say that every person has natural rights and i won't necessarily disagree with you. But are we, as human beings entitled to a certain sum of money just by being alive or d owe have to work to earn the money that we have?
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.