First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
Classic Anime
83 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / philipinnes
Offline
Posted 1/22/08
Lupin III
astig kaayo 2....! hahaha
83 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / philipinnes
Offline
Posted 1/22/08
fruits basket...! atay
4897 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / South Africa - Ca...
Offline
Posted 1/22/08

VinCloud9 wrote:

For me personally, id say
GITS [revolutionary since i believed it made the animes more depth and a greater understanding perhaps]
Akira
Patlabor[perhaps the introductory to Mobile suits?
Cooking master boy [being a cookery fan anime myself, i think this is what revolutionised the world of cooking animes, i.e. yakitate japan!]

Don't mean to start an arguement, but tell me if i'm wrong...hopefully we'll have a gretaer understanding!


hmmmm... haven't seen patlabor. is it good? I've seen a lot of mobile suit anime, gotta say they aren't the best but can be entertaining.
Posted 1/22/08

ABalloon wrote:


VinCloud9 wrote:

For me personally, id say
GITS [revolutionary since i believed it made the animes more depth and a greater understanding perhaps]
Akira
Patlabor[perhaps the introductory to Mobile suits?
Cooking master boy [being a cookery fan anime myself, i think this is what revolutionised the world of cooking animes, i.e. yakitate japan!]

Don't mean to start an arguement, but tell me if i'm wrong...hopefully we'll have a gretaer understanding!


hmmmm... haven't seen patlabor. is it good? I've seen a lot of mobile suit anime, gotta say they aren't the best but can be entertaining.


I've seen it ages ago....but i heard the storyline was very classic at the time. It kinda what kicked off FMP and Gundam. But i'm not quite sure. Yup i agree. Tbh the mobile suit gundam does come down to a very confined area of genral prefrence.
609 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 1/22/08
princess sarah, cedi, the boy who has a dog named patrash,such a sad endng! I really cried!
4897 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / South Africa - Ca...
Offline
Posted 1/22/08

VinCloud9 wrote:

I've seen it ages ago....but i heard the storyline was very classic at the time. It kinda what kicked off FMP and Gundam. But i'm not quite sure. Yup i agree. Tbh the mobile suit gundam does come down to a very confined area of genral prefrence.


yea, as I said - they are fun but not special... although they did spark off code geass which I quite like'd.
453 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / the bleach world
Offline
Posted 1/22/08
lol ? dun rly noe wat is tt ...
11243 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / BC, Canada =P
Offline
Posted 1/22/08
i no doreamon would be consider a Classic Anime. but i'm not so sure about City Hunter and Guyver...
Posted 1/22/08

ABalloon wrote:


idiot_parade wrote:


arx7arbalest wrote:


Dem0nEye wrote:

Dude DBZ was a classic anime whether you think it sucks or not


No it wasn't a classic anime. Even if I didn't suck, it is still not a classic anime.
Classic anime has to set a standard of excellence. Even for those who consider Dragonball Z good, you cannot deny that it did not change the way anime was made. The only thing that stands out in Dragonball Z is its popularity. It did not set a standard of excellence like Akira or Neon Genesis Evangelion.


I think DB would be considered a classic anime.

Come on, the whole concept of the 'super human' in DB must have triggered off millions of other anime plots.

without DB we might not have animes lyk

-Naruto
-Bleach
-D.Gray-man
etc.

Without DB the supernatural abilities of humans present in lots of anime would not exist.
Thus annailating animes which include humans with 'powers'.

I rest my case.


actually arx7arbalest is right... the whole DB series did not set a standard of excelence. you people are mistaking popularity for excelence. All DB brought to anime is shows that go on for months with little plot and mindless fighting all rolled into bad animation in general. It brought nothing to the anime scene that was not already there. shows like Fist of the north star, evangelion and vampire hunter D all had something to offer when they came out. they were fresh with new ideas and well done.

just one more thing, to say that DB brought on the idea of humans with super powers is pure ignorence. people have been talking about super humans for centuries. there are thousands of books that delve into humans with superior abilities. I think that if DB had never existed shows like the one's you mentioned would still be in existance.



Centuries you say?

Indeed they did. But what they wouldve most likely refered to as 'super human' would be a more godly figure.

Thinking more or miracles, (eg. Walking on water, healing the 'unhealable'). So the super human idea would have been more seen as being able to be a godly/saintly figure. And in thinking this, they would also believe them selves to be closer to god and what not. Only INCREASING there yearning for such abilities.
I rekon DB brought the kind of idea that a human being can be super, without appearing godly. I'm not saying i am intierly sure, but i could bet that it wouldve influenced many modern animes.

I'm not really a big fan of the db series. hell, i dont really like it all tht much. Like you've said, the whole 24/7 training and how every opponent they face is the most powerful being in the universe gets old fast. But i rekon it should be considered a classic anime. Its popularity is immense, no doubt about that. But for an anime to be considered a true classic, it must not only be exceptionally good, but it NEEDS to have a big group of fans. True, DB wouldnt be one of the more exceptionally good animes, but i think that its good enough to be considered a classic, and its immense popularity only adds to it all. But...they shouldnt have made so many seasons.

A couple was enough.
Banned
18448 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / toronto
Offline
Posted 1/22/08
Classic animes is 1980s-1990s i guess
4897 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / South Africa - Ca...
Offline
Posted 1/22/08

idiot_parade wrote:

Centuries you say?

Indeed they did. But what they wouldve most likely refered to as 'super human' would be a more godly figure.

Thinking more or miracles, (eg. Walking on water, healing the 'unhealable'). So the super human idea would have been more seen as being able to be a godly/saintly figure. And in thinking this, they would also believe them selves to be closer to god and what not. Only INCREASING there yearning for such abilities.
I rekon DB brought the kind of idea that a human being can be super, without appearing godly. I'm not saying i am intierly sure, but i could bet that it wouldve influenced many modern animes.

I'm not really a big fan of the db series. hell, i dont really like it all tht much. Like you've said, the whole 24/7 training and how every opponent they face is the most powerful being in the universe gets old fast. But i rekon it should be considered a classic anime. Its popularity is immense, no doubt about that. But for an anime to be considered a true classic, it must not only be exceptionally good, but it NEEDS to have a big group of fans. True, DB wouldnt be one of the more exceptionally good animes, but i think that its good enough to be considered a classic, and its immense popularity only adds to it all. But...they shouldnt have made so many seasons.

A couple was enough.


hmmm... good points. But as an example of something that came before DB but admitedly not as far back as centuries would be marvle and DC comics. they have characters that have superhuman powers and yet they are mostly portrayed as just ordinary people with extraordinary abilities. I guess it's not really fair for me to point these out as they cover almost every power ever thought up from super strength to stopping time and teleportation. there are only so many powers out there for people to use.

the point is that DB reproduced a lot of ideas that had already been going around and brought little of its own to the world. the one thing DB did have was, as you say, a large following. But I disagree with a classic anime requiring a large following. A lot of shows that have large followings today are only here because of less known ones in the past. A good example is the fist of the north star. It was popular but not really main stream yet it brought on a whole range of anime.

I may be wrong but I still feel that DB is not a classic anime. and by classic I'm going by the definition that was stated earlier in this thread - an anime that set a standard of excelence.

*EDITED FOR SPACE*
1754 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Brazil
Offline
Posted 1/22/08
The undenieable PERFECT classic: Hokuto no Ken

Other Classics:
Akira (but the manga is WAY better)............Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind

Neon Genesis Evangelion...........................Trigun (but the manga is better)

Bio Boosted armor Guyver (the manga is WAY better)......Sailor Moon


Posted 1/22/08

ABalloon wrote:


idiot_parade wrote:

Centuries you say?

Indeed they did. But what they wouldve most likely refered to as 'super human' would be a more godly figure.

Thinking more or miracles, (eg. Walking on water, healing the 'unhealable'). So the super human idea would have been more seen as being able to be a godly/saintly figure. And in thinking this, they would also believe them selves to be closer to god and what not. Only INCREASING there yearning for such abilities.
I rekon DB brought the kind of idea that a human being can be super, without appearing godly. I'm not saying i am intierly sure, but i could bet that it wouldve influenced many modern animes.

I'm not really a big fan of the db series. hell, i dont really like it all tht much. Like you've said, the whole 24/7 training and how every opponent they face is the most powerful being in the universe gets old fast. But i rekon it should be considered a classic anime. Its popularity is immense, no doubt about that. But for an anime to be considered a true classic, it must not only be exceptionally good, but it NEEDS to have a big group of fans. True, DB wouldnt be one of the more exceptionally good animes, but i think that its good enough to be considered a classic, and its immense popularity only adds to it all. But...they shouldnt have made so many seasons.

A couple was enough.


hmmm... good points. But as an example of something that came before DB but admitedly not as far back as centuries would be marvle and DC comics. they have characters that have superhuman powers and yet they are mostly portrayed as just ordinary people with extraordinary abilities. I guess it's not really fair for me to point these out as they cover almost every power ever thought up from super strength to stopping time and teleportation. there are only so many powers out there for people to use.

the point is that DB reproduced a lot of ideas that had already been going around and brought little of its own to the world. the one thing DB did have was, as you say, a large following. But I disagree with a classic anime requiring a large following. A lot of shows that have large followings today are only here because of less known ones in the past. A good example is the fist of the north star. It was popular but not really main stream yet it brought on a whole range of anime.

I may be wrong but I still feel that DB is not a classic anime. and by classic I'm going by the definition that was stated earlier in this thread - an anime that set a standard of excelence.

*EDITED FOR SPACE*



You are a formidable opponent

Nah. I'm really no match for ya.
Well, i cant really defend Db much anymore...i'm just glad i got as far as i did with extremely little knowledge of db.

-Sigh- Alas, my lack of knowledge has gotten the better of me.
But i think you would need to have a largeish group of supporters to be considered a classic anime. Once an exceptional anime is recognized by someone, the news will spread, and eventually, the whole world will no of it.
Having supporters is what propells an exceptional anime into a classic.

But thats just my opinion. Even though dont like it, i'll still acknoledge it.
Then again...DB might just be one of those noob animes that everyone watches for the sake of watching it, and then. People grow to love it :). Kind of what happened with naruto.
Dont get me wrong i like naruto...but now i'm sidetracking.


You have some very excellent points also, thanks btw.

Though. I must say.
Db has set a exeptionally high standard for the popularity bar, and the number of episodes.
Though i could say the latter couldve bin done without.
4897 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / South Africa - Ca...
Offline
Posted 1/22/08

idiot_parade wrote:

You are a formidable opponent

Nah. I'm really no match for ya.
Well, i cant really defend Db much anymore...i'm just glad i got as far as i did with extremely little knowledge of db.

-Sigh- Alas, my lack of knowledge has gotten the better of me.
But i think you would need to have a largeish group of supporters to be considered a classic anime. Once an exceptional anime is recognized by someone, the news will spread, and eventually, the whole world will no of it.
Having supporters is what propells an exceptional anime into a classic.

But thats just my opinion.
Then again...DB might just be one of those noob animes that everyone watches for the sake of watching it, and then. People grow to love it :). Kind of what happened with naruto.
Dont get me wrong i like naruto...but now i'm sidetracking.


You have some very excellent points also, thanks btw.

Though. I must say.
Db has set a exeptionally high standard for the popularity bar, and the number of episodes.
Though i could say the latter couldve bin done without.


ha ha - thank you. not everyday someone tells me that.

and I do think that DB is a n00b anime... just like one piece and naruto , still watch them though. it can be good to watch junk, makes the good stuff look really good - if you know what I mean

I personally think that a high number of episodes in an anime is usually a bad sign. the producers spend too much time thinking of money and the show looses qualety. fillers are the downfall of many anime's that show promise.
Posted 1/22/08

ABalloon wrote:


idiot_parade wrote:

You are a formidable opponent

Nah. I'm really no match for ya.
Well, i cant really defend Db much anymore...i'm just glad i got as far as i did with extremely little knowledge of db.

-Sigh- Alas, my lack of knowledge has gotten the better of me.
But i think you would need to have a largeish group of supporters to be considered a classic anime. Once an exceptional anime is recognized by someone, the news will spread, and eventually, the whole world will no of it.
Having supporters is what propells an exceptional anime into a classic.

But thats just my opinion.
Then again...DB might just be one of those noob animes that everyone watches for the sake of watching it, and then. People grow to love it :). Kind of what happened with naruto.
Dont get me wrong i like naruto...but now i'm sidetracking.


You have some very excellent points also, thanks btw.

Though. I must say.
Db has set a exeptionally high standard for the popularity bar, and the number of episodes.
Though i could say the latter couldve bin done without.


ha ha - thank you. not everyday someone tells me that.

and I do think that DB is a n00b anime... just like one piece and naruto , still watch them though. it can be good to watch junk, makes the good stuff look really good - if you know what I mean

I personally think that a high number of episodes in an anime is usually a bad sign. the producers spend too much time thinking of money and the show looses qualety. fillers are the downfall of many anime's that show promise.



-sigh-
Indeed it is.
Its the downfall of so many promising plots.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.