First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Little Nemo: Adventure in Slumberland
60188 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 12/8/11
To whoever decided to add this to the library: Thank you.

While the production background speaks to the overall quality (or lack thereof) concerning the plot and dialog, those sort of things aren't something you are going to pay attention to when you're a little kid watching a cartoon. Granted, if your first anime was Bleach then I doubt you'd be interested in watching this. However, despite everything it may lack, it is at the end of the day a decent piece of animation for little kids and I'm not sorry that I watched it again.
29535 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/8/11
I remember begging my parents to buy this for me at Costco like a decade and a half ago on VHS. Was it ever worth the money!
I must've rewatched it at least 20 times, but more than half the times I would fast-forward the scary "Nightmare King" parts and just watch the parts in Slumberland and with the Princess and all those yummy looking cookies =P And Icarus of course ^_^
I didn't realize until much later that it was actually anime, and the voice acting IS the best I've ever heard in English for an anime. So nostalgic for me <3 Really helped shape my imagination back then. Wonderful add!!
71295 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / UofL; Louisville, KY
Offline
Posted 12/8/11

AnimeFanJerk
Certainly no reason to question your sense of aesthetics. I guess the movie was just too complicated for you. Maybe if it was as poorly drawn as 'Naruto' and 'Bleach' are and contain nothing, but brainless fighting and flashing lights you would have loved it. Oh and I'm also guessing the fact that it's in English also effects your decision as well.


No, just that it is childish. How can you claim Naruto and Bleach are drawn poorly? Clearly the difference is clear. Sure, perhaps if Naruto and Bleach were made way back when this was made it may have been a different story. I am just not one for older shows. For example: I would gladly watch Gundam if only they remade it to match modern time technology. I have no problem with English shows as long as their voices match the character in which they play. I have never watched this show nor will I ever. I couldn't tell you what the story is about or how involved it could or not be.

Micate 
49162 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Hawaii
Offline
Posted 12/8/11

jsc315 wrote:


mjmaddhatter wrote:

This was a fantastic kid's movie from back in the day. Waste of resources? Ridiculous - it's a fantastic piece of animation, and the video game which was based on this movie for the classic NES was highly celebrated as well. Animation with shading of this caliber doesn't even exist anymore. A great film


That game was so weird and odd and just bizarre. Never was able to beat it though as a kid.


It was a really hard game. I loved the hell out of the game before I knew it was a movie, only seeing it on TV some years later. It's funny watching him stammer with the wand-spell just reminded me of how annoyingly impossible it seemed for me to use the wand in the game (there was something about having to switch what item you had equipped, but I had no clue how to do this).
1475 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / ~Crystal Tokyo~
Offline
Posted 12/8/11
I don't remember the story of this movie at all, all I could remember was Nemo and I thought he was some kid from the King & I (the animated version).
65033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 12/8/11
Okay, I'm going to have to watch this and then try to hunt down the original Little Nemo short from a hundred years ago. (I already have a volume of the Sunday comics somewhere here...)
43005 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23
Offline
Posted 12/8/11
Wow, this brings back memories. Ive been trying to remember the name of this movie for a long time. I thought Id never find it after I lost the VHS.
47495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 12/8/11 , edited 12/8/11
slow down the streams lol
84 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 12/9/11
I saw this movie when I was really young but could never remember the name... Thank you for this!
711 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/9/11
I saw the Nostalgia Critic review of this and it looked pretty bad, though I have never watched the movie myself...so I can't form an opinion.
Even though it's now on this site I still won't be watching it because of restrictions....
1728 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / Norway,
Offline
Posted 12/9/11 , edited 12/9/11

MrsRouse wrote:

I saw this movie when I was really young but could never remember the name... Thank you for this!


me too, i saw this movie when i was 5-6 year's old.But i can not see this move becase it's unavible in my region and i not have a Premium Acount.
19280 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / St. Louis
Offline
Posted 12/9/11
I remember the NES game by Capcom based on this. THAT was fun!
35215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Springfield, Oreg...
Offline
Posted 12/9/11 , edited 12/9/11
I'm curious to know how many of the people raging about this being added to CR were born before like... 1995?

When I was growing up, I freaking loved this movie... it was such a spectacularly different world from any other world I'd seen to that point. I don't understand why any of you are hating on it. It was made so many years ago. Just makes me sad. I wanted to watch this so badly about 6 months ago because I hadn't seen it since my childhood. I somehow found it streaming on YouTube in about 20 different parts. Wish this would have been up on CR then. Lmao

Thank you CR. I appreciate this addition.

(Also, to those that are mad about it being a "waste of resources"... you realize they probably just had everyone at CR pull whatever change they had in their pockets out and put it in a dish... which they then offered to the studio as payment, right? This show will have cost them such a minimal amount of money it's not even funny.)
3164 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 12/9/11

Khaltazar wrote:


AnimeFanJerk
Certainly no reason to question your sense of aesthetics. I guess the movie was just too complicated for you. Maybe if it was as poorly drawn as 'Naruto' and 'Bleach' are and contain nothing, but brainless fighting and flashing lights you would have loved it. Oh and I'm also guessing the fact that it's in English also effects your decision as well.


No, just that it is childish. How can you claim Naruto and Bleach are drawn poorly? Clearly the difference is clear. Sure, perhaps if Naruto and Bleach were made way back when this was made it may have been a different story. I am just not one for older shows. For example: I would gladly watch Gundam if only they remade it to match modern time technology. I have no problem with English shows as long as their voices match the character in which they play. I have never watched this show nor will I ever. I couldn't tell you what the story is about or how involved it could or not be.



So you refuse to watch this movie, simply because it's older? Are you kidding me!? Do you have any clue in that little head of yours how many great movies/shows you're missing? Are you kidding me? And you'll only watch Gundam if they remade it to match modern technology?

Wow... I don't even feel like arguing with you anymore. I mean I could lob a bunch of insults your way, but in reality you're hurting yourself by refusing to watch older anime. I mean that alone... You can't top that.

Well! You win!
3164 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 12/9/11

celticchristoph wrote:

I'm curious to know how many of the people raging about this being added to CR were born before like... 1995?

When I was growing up, I freaking loved this movie... it was such a spectacularly different world from any other world I'd seen to that point. I don't understand why any of you are hating on it. It was made so many years ago. Just makes me sad. I wanted to watch this so badly about 6 months ago because I hadn't seen it since my childhood. I somehow found it streaming on YouTube in about 20 different parts. Wish this would have been up on CR then. Lmao

Thank you CR. I appreciate this addition.

(Also, to those that are mad about it being a "waste of resources"... you realize they probably just had everyone at CR pull whatever change they had in their pockets out and put it in a dish... which they then offered to the studio as payment, right? This show will have cost them such a minimal amount of money it's not even funny.)


I actually saw this movie for the first time this year and I loved it. I actually remembered seeing ads for the video game in old Disney magazines I used to read at school. Anyways it's a great movie. I'm surprised people hate it simply... Well they haven't come up with a good reason yet.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.