First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Little Nemo: Adventure in Slumberland
32213 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Springfield, Oreg...
Offline
Posted 12/9/11

AnimeFanJerk wrote: I'm surprised people hate it simply... Well they haven't come up with a good reason yet.


People hate a lot of good things without any reason at all.

To each their own. If they don't like it, their loss. Really all I can say.

32672 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / District of Colombia
Offline
Posted 12/9/11
I remember this movie...

I haven't seen this in almost twenty years, now I really need to set aside time this weekend for a trip down memory lane. Now if I can just get CR to stream the old Mighty Max series...
17037 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Currently on Earth
Offline
Posted 12/10/11

Khaltazar wrote:


AnimeFanJerk
Certainly no reason to question your sense of aesthetics. I guess the movie was just too complicated for you. Maybe if it was as poorly drawn as 'Naruto' and 'Bleach' are and contain nothing, but brainless fighting and flashing lights you would have loved it. Oh and I'm also guessing the fact that it's in English also effects your decision as well.


No, just that it is childish. How can you claim Naruto and Bleach are drawn poorly? Clearly the difference is clear. Sure, perhaps if Naruto and Bleach were made way back when this was made it may have been a different story. I am just not one for older shows. For example: I would gladly watch Gundam if only they remade it to match modern time technology. I have no problem with English shows as long as their voices match the character in which they play. I have never watched this show nor will I ever. I couldn't tell you what the story is about or how involved it could or not be.


Well you clearly don't know what your missing in regards to some older titles. As some have that much attention to detail with backgrounds and visuals for example, you'll actually be blown away with the artwork that's been painstakingly hand drawn.

Also how can you claim this to be childish, when in fact it's aimed towards an audience of "all ages" and not just a pacific group. That's like kind of saying Super Mario Bros. is just aimed at "kids" and not "adults", when in fact the game is aimed at "all ages".

Also guess you never got the hint in regards to and quote: "Maybe if it was as poorly drawn as 'Naruto' and 'Bleach' are and contain nothing, but brainless fighting and flashing lights you would have loved it. Oh and I'm also guessing the fact that it's in English also effects your decision as well."

Something called "sarcasm".


AnimeFanJerk wrote:

So you refuse to watch this movie, simply because it's older? Are you kidding me!? Do you have any clue in that little head of yours how many great movies/shows you're missing? Are you kidding me? And you'll only watch Gundam if they remade it to match modern technology?

Wow... I don't even feel like arguing with you anymore. I mean I could lob a bunch of insults your way, but in reality you're hurting yourself by refusing to watch older anime. I mean that alone... You can't top that.

Well! You win!


Never mind at least you tried.

Anyway I for one actually enjoyed watching this, but watched it elsewhere though (stupid license restrictions).
17405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 12/10/11
Only people to think of it as a waste is too young to even know what it is. I used to watch this with my little sister all the time. Cute film.
90103 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Graite City
Online
Posted 12/10/11
Love it, hate it.
3164 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 12/10/11

meman887 wrote:


Khaltazar wrote:


AnimeFanJerk
Certainly no reason to question your sense of aesthetics. I guess the movie was just too complicated for you. Maybe if it was as poorly drawn as 'Naruto' and 'Bleach' are and contain nothing, but brainless fighting and flashing lights you would have loved it. Oh and I'm also guessing the fact that it's in English also effects your decision as well.


No, just that it is childish. How can you claim Naruto and Bleach are drawn poorly? Clearly the difference is clear. Sure, perhaps if Naruto and Bleach were made way back when this was made it may have been a different story. I am just not one for older shows. For example: I would gladly watch Gundam if only they remade it to match modern time technology. I have no problem with English shows as long as their voices match the character in which they play. I have never watched this show nor will I ever. I couldn't tell you what the story is about or how involved it could or not be.


Well you clearly don't know what your missing in regards to some older titles. As some have that much attention to detail with backgrounds and visuals for example, you'll actually be blown away with the artwork that's been painstakingly hand drawn.

Also how can you claim this to be childish, when in fact it's aimed towards an audience of "all ages" and not just a pacific group. That's like kind of saying Super Mario Bros. is just aimed at "kids" and not "adults", when in fact the game is aimed at "all ages".

Also guess you never got the hint in regards to and quote: "Maybe if it was as poorly drawn as 'Naruto' and 'Bleach' are and contain nothing, but brainless fighting and flashing lights you would have loved it. Oh and I'm also guessing the fact that it's in English also effects your decision as well."

Something called "sarcasm".


AnimeFanJerk wrote:

So you refuse to watch this movie, simply because it's older? Are you kidding me!? Do you have any clue in that little head of yours how many great movies/shows you're missing? Are you kidding me? And you'll only watch Gundam if they remade it to match modern technology?

Wow... I don't even feel like arguing with you anymore. I mean I could lob a bunch of insults your way, but in reality you're hurting yourself by refusing to watch older anime. I mean that alone... You can't top that.

Well! You win!


Never mind at least you tried.

Anyway I for one actually enjoyed watching this, but watched it elsewhere though (stupid license restrictions).


Yep. No need to fight anymore.

And I understand. I wish everyone could watch it without any restrictions at all. It's a fantastic movie.
55542 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Michigan
Offline
Posted 12/10/11

Arsenette wrote:

I guess only us old timers loved that movie. Thanks for adding it! Shame the younger generation won't appreciate it.


AGREED!! Thanks Crunchy roll for bringing back a classic!
69113 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / UofL; Louisville, KY
Offline
Posted 12/10/11

AnimeFanJerk wrote:


Khaltazar wrote:


AnimeFanJerk
Certainly no reason to question your sense of aesthetics. I guess the movie was just too complicated for you. Maybe if it was as poorly drawn as 'Naruto' and 'Bleach' are and contain nothing, but brainless fighting and flashing lights you would have loved it. Oh and I'm also guessing the fact that it's in English also effects your decision as well.


No, just that it is childish. How can you claim Naruto and Bleach are drawn poorly? Clearly the difference is clear. Sure, perhaps if Naruto and Bleach were made way back when this was made it may have been a different story. I am just not one for older shows. For example: I would gladly watch Gundam if only they remade it to match modern time technology. I have no problem with English shows as long as their voices match the character in which they play. I have never watched this show nor will I ever. I couldn't tell you what the story is about or how involved it could or not be.



So you refuse to watch this movie, simply because it's older? Are you kidding me!? Do you have any clue in that little head of yours how many great movies/shows you're missing? Are you kidding me? And you'll only watch Gundam if they remade it to match modern technology?

Wow... I don't even feel like arguing with you anymore. I mean I could lob a bunch of insults your way, but in reality you're hurting yourself by refusing to watch older anime. I mean that alone... You can't top that.

Well! You win!


I love how you don't feel you can win an argument unless you insult someone else throughout your entire post. My point is, everyone has their own likes and dislikes. I like things you don't, and you like things I don't. It's not a new discovery in mankind for people to disagree. I simply respond to the insults thrown at me.
Enorym 
62399 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Illinois
Offline
Posted 12/10/11
yes loved this when i was a kid
11594 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Northwest
Offline
Posted 12/10/11
I have the VHS of this, I watched it when I was little I love this movie!!!!!!!!!!
32271 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 12/11/11
I remember this movie well. Made an NES game out of it, then it was out in theaters. I saw it, thought it was great. But god, that was eons ago.
51833 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Kentucky
Offline
Posted 12/11/11
I love this movie! I think I watched this once a week for about a year when I was little. I also played the NES game a lot. Ahh, to be young.
20 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / hopefully, dreaml...
Offline
Posted 12/11/11
I LOVE this movie! It's one of those irreplaceable memories from my childhood. Thanks for adding it!
27373 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / yuba city
Offline
Posted 12/12/11
loved this movie as a kid! wonder if I still have the vhs tape around the house...
3164 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 12/12/11

Khaltazar wrote:


AnimeFanJerk wrote:


Khaltazar wrote:


AnimeFanJerk
Certainly no reason to question your sense of aesthetics. I guess the movie was just too complicated for you. Maybe if it was as poorly drawn as 'Naruto' and 'Bleach' are and contain nothing, but brainless fighting and flashing lights you would have loved it. Oh and I'm also guessing the fact that it's in English also effects your decision as well.


No, just that it is childish. How can you claim Naruto and Bleach are drawn poorly? Clearly the difference is clear. Sure, perhaps if Naruto and Bleach were made way back when this was made it may have been a different story. I am just not one for older shows. For example: I would gladly watch Gundam if only they remade it to match modern time technology. I have no problem with English shows as long as their voices match the character in which they play. I have never watched this show nor will I ever. I couldn't tell you what the story is about or how involved it could or not be.



So you refuse to watch this movie, simply because it's older? Are you kidding me!? Do you have any clue in that little head of yours how many great movies/shows you're missing? Are you kidding me? And you'll only watch Gundam if they remade it to match modern technology?

Wow... I don't even feel like arguing with you anymore. I mean I could lob a bunch of insults your way, but in reality you're hurting yourself by refusing to watch older anime. I mean that alone... You can't top that.

Well! You win!


I love how you don't feel you can win an argument unless you insult someone else throughout your entire post. My point is, everyone has their own likes and dislikes. I like things you don't, and you like things I don't. It's not a new discovery in mankind for people to disagree. I simply respond to the insults thrown at me.


lol. It's not about winning arguments! I'm stating my opinion. Seriously though, what can I say to win this argument? I mean if that's how you feel then that's how you feel. I think you're an idiot of course, but if you want to skip old shows/movies then that's your business. I could list a bunch of great movies/shows that you'll miss simply because of this, but who cares?

And thanks for explaining the whole, 'people disagree' thing to me. I had no idea that was going on! <-- Sarcasm. I know how bad you are with it.

Out of morbid curiosity. What do you consider old? Anime made in 2000? 1990? What?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.