First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
The Ultimate Truth
30948 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 12/8/11
I clicked on this expecting a loony Christian rant. How disappointing
33131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 12/8/11

CarboKill wrote:


AsuraCryin wrote:

The only truth I need is the string theory.


It is not theory...

...it is...

...THE TRUTH.

I feel so epic right now.


Yours fall on the realm of taste. The truth that a cake is tasty can be true but it isn't an absolute truth. That falls on realms of opinion which is where your whole commentary is falling from.
BaGGs1 
128411 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33
Offline
Posted 12/8/11
This forum is a trollers wet dream...LOL.
75975 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / boku no hero univ...
Offline
Posted 12/8/11 , edited 12/8/11
Was this text written based off of sheer irony? The writer himself, no matter what level of intelligence he posseses, to bring up rebirth, as a means of explaining the truth only serves to reduce his words to dust. His idea of balance is not something I agree with at all. "The spirit is the only thing in the universe that does not need to balance. The knowledge of the balance changes your life. It leads to your transition into a spiritual being." so sorry, but the logic in that is just lacking. Pray tell, how do you attempt to prove spirits exist? This rationalizing train of thought bothers me most, even if I agree a great deal with what he is conveying, I cannot trust his telling of the "truth" because of his beliefs, they tie in with the importance of some great epiphany he's trying to enlighten us with. From a person who wrote, "I no longer believe in Santa Clause and the other myths, legends, and fairy tales that the known evidence says are not true." how is it, you treat spirits as though they are any different? He mentions words related to "spirit" 14 times, I counted.


That contradiction asides, I'm an atheist, so his involuntary criticisms of religion/faith are what I find to be irrefutable, and I concede to most of his views regarding, "seeing the big picture", even some other articles he writes cannot be denied, but at the end of the day, what makes his words bear the mark of truth? We can all round off what the ideal version of "truth" is, in regards to having no wars, no casualties of fights against race, religion, etc, but I will only choose to accept the wisdom I gain through life, not through reading this. I have no idea who the author(s) is(are), so excuse the usage of "he", its only my assumption.
55555 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/8/11
Psh, using math is a bad example. You say 2+2=4. I'm an accountant, I say 2+2 is whatever you need it to be. It's not ethical, but it's still true. Actually, I think I just gave the most basic example that depicts truth as something that's relative, regardless of logic or deductive reasoning.

I don't get what this thread is about; is it about truth by definition or relativity, or inferring that the world would be a peaceful place if everyone believed and understood the same "truth"? The latter of which by the way, isn't true. Humans are irrational by nature, they will fight and war over the most fickle things.
Posted 12/8/11

AsuraCryin wrote:

The only truth I need is the string theory.

Also, too paranoid to click link in OP's initial message. COPY PASTE, PLEASE.


Ditto.

55520 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / 風の山
Online
Posted 12/8/11
the world of perceptive thinking, not new and not that big of a deal. if you lobotomize everyone. we'd be extinct withing a year if we are lucky. 2carton of eggs+2 carton of eggs= 60 carton of eggs. think about it.
402 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Greensboro, North...
Offline
Posted 12/8/11
You Think To Much
Posted 12/8/11
Asuka is disappoint.

35796 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Stoke, England
Offline
Posted 12/8/11 , edited 12/8/11

theYchromosome wrote:
My point is this -- How does perception of reality change reality?


Ah, so you didn't read ALL of it then?

The world doesn't change when we get older. We do.


wolfsaiga wrote:

The lobotomize part was a joke.
35796 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Stoke, England
Offline
Posted 12/8/11 , edited 12/8/11

CarboKill wrote:


theYchromosome wrote:
My point is this -- How does perception of reality change reality?


Ah, so you didn't read ALL of it then?

The world doesn't change when we get older. We do.



The lobotomize part was a joke.


JoeSurf wrote:

Yours fall on the realm of taste. The truth that a cake is tasty can be true but it isn't an absolute truth. That falls on realms of opinion which is where your whole commentary is falling from.


The cake being tasty is not the truth.

And I do not understand why everyone is mentioning opinion, when you don't even need to.

There are no arguments against or for the ultimate truth theory, because it's just...the truth.
12271 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Anime world...
Offline
Posted 12/9/11

BaGGs1 wrote:

This forum is a trollers wet dream...LOL.


agreed.
Posted 12/9/11
I'm afraid my computer will be molested if I click on the link, anyone wanna sum it up?
7140 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / NORTH VA
Offline
Posted 12/9/11
TRUTH IS SUBJECTIVE. If u look at a table from the ceiling it looks like a square, from the side, a pedestal chair,and if u look at it underneath it looks like a house.
35796 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Stoke, England
Offline
Posted 12/9/11 , edited 12/9/11

bigpapapurpz wrote:

TRUTH IS SUBJECTIVE. If u look at a table from the ceiling it looks like a square, from the side, a pedestal chair,and if u look at it underneath it looks like a house.


Sorry bro, you didn't read it all either.

When we expand our minds, we form opinions. Just because we believe something is like something, doesn't make it reality. A table looks like a table whatever you do. We see a square from the ceiling, because we have a thought process. We recognize the shape as a "square" and it comes to mind.


In all honesty, I don't know where all this debating is coming from. It wasn't supposed to be a debate thread, I was just showing everyone the truth.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.