First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Spring 2012 Anime
9200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Over there
Offline
Posted 12/13/11 , edited 12/13/11
Hope that Saki spin-off isn`t something they`re making instead of Saki s2, hope s2 will come at some point.
I don`t give a f about a spin-off so And the same does probably most of the japanese fans of it :P

Well hope they`ll still make season 2.
2208 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / San Diego
Offline
Posted 12/13/11
I'm up to date with Medaka Box (manga) and it's still confusing as fuck, probs won't watch it

Accel world was genuinely interesting as a manga... so I might be watching that
The Wise Wizard
73224 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 12/13/11

theskyflame wrote:
eh i dont think it will be nearly as big as last year i would say maybe 25 or so anime.

Personally, I am expecting in the mid to upper 30's (e.g., 36-38).




theskyflame wrote:
yep it was i imagine they will simulcast it like they did with baka test 2.

Keep in mind, however, that the first Baka to Test was simulcast by Funimation, while the first KoreZom was simulcast by CR.

If this was Spring 2011, it would be any easy call: CR would simulcast it, and Funimation might simulcast it, as well (as they did with Sora no Otoshimono: Forte). But then along came NicoNico.com, and their inter-relationship with Kadokawa, and then the joint venture with Funimation, who of course, has already licensed the first series.

Really, it all boils down to the terms in the original contract CR had with Kadokawa when the first series was simulcast. There was one Kadokawa series CR got this season, and that was Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi 2. The big problem there, however, is even niconico.jp did not simulcast the series, indicating a probable lack of interest. By contrast, apparently niconico.jp did stream the first KoreZom series, and there is little doubt Funico would want it.

My prediction (which makes certain assumptions about CR's contract terms with Kadokawa): The series will be streamed by CR, NicoNico.com, and Funimation.

133908 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 12/13/11 , edited 12/13/11

TheAncientOne wrote:


theskyflame wrote:
eh i dont think it will be nearly as big as last year i would say maybe 25 or so anime.

Personally, I am expecting in the mid to upper 30's (e.g., 36-38).



That's how many I'm guessing for this season. Also, was there news that Kyousogiga will be adapted into an anime series or was it just that net episode?
The Wise Wizard
73224 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 12/14/11 , edited 12/14/11

stark700 wrote:
That's how many I'm guessing for this season. Also, was there news that Kyousogiga will be adapted into an anime series or was it just that net episode?

That was probably just the ONA that was streamed on the internet. A quick check didn't turn up any news of an original series.



Update to the original post in this topic:

Added information on Shining Hearts, based on an article at Anime News Network confirming the TV anime has been green-lit for Spring 2012.

133908 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 12/14/11
I'm guessing Amagami SS+ will probably be produced by the studio AIC again with possible primary network of TBS.
24237 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Guam
Offline
Posted 12/14/11
Definitely looking forward to the latter half of Fate/Zero.

KoreZom and if it gets confirmed then the latter half of Kyoukai as well as Kimi to boku

ill give AKB0048 a chance but sounds like they were just snatching up on the popularity of iM@S and I do love the band <3

will wait to see what other series gets confirmed for spring

34519 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 12/15/11
Looking forward to more Fate/Zero as well. Glad that CR is streaming this(even if a week behind).

A few other sound interesting, but I'll wait as more info comes out and try to figure out what interests me.
33376 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/15/11

Des85 wrote:

Hope that Saki spin-off isn`t something they`re making instead of Saki s2, hope s2 will come at some point.
I don`t give a f about a spin-off so And the same does probably most of the japanese fans of it :P

Well hope they`ll still make season 2.


The main Saki manga doesn't have enough material for a second season yet -- about 30 chapters worth, compared to 60 used for the first season, and the National Tournament arc is nowhere close to finished. Side-A has even less material (I don't think it even has a full volume worth of material yet) so the anime is going to be all original, but better to do that with a side-story than the main narrative.

Based upon the manga's progress, I doubt we'll see a proper second season until 2014 at the earliest.
9200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Over there
Offline
Posted 12/16/11

seanohara wrote:

The main Saki manga doesn't have enough material for a second season yet -- about 30 chapters worth, compared to 60 used for the first season, and the National Tournament arc is nowhere close to finished. Side-A has even less material (I don't think it even has a full volume worth of material yet) so the anime is going to be all original, but better to do that with a side-story than the main narrative.

Based upon the manga's progress, I doubt we'll see a proper second season until 2014 at the earliest.


Ah, so it`s true that the manga creators of Saki is very slow :P
29121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/16/11
wait does this mean no wagnaria!! 2 for spring 2012, cause that would make me sad =(
The Wise Wizard
73224 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 12/16/11

stark700 wrote:

I'm guessing Amagami SS+ will probably be produced by the studio AIC again with possible primary network of TBS.

Wrong topic, that's a Winter series.

It is AIC/TBS, however.




kittenmuffin wrote:

wait does this mean no wagnaria!! 2 for spring 2012, cause that would make me sad =(

Do you mean Wagnaria!! 3? Keep in mind the gap between the first and second series was 5 seasons, so it would be unlikely for them to do another so soon.

29121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/16/11
O I didnt know that. Thank you. =) for the info!!!
29121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/17/11
when does spring 2012 start???
The Wise Wizard
73224 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 12/17/11

kittenmuffin wrote:

when does spring 2012 start???

Primarily in April.

Like the other seasons, expect a few series anime that start the previous month, and occasionally one or more that start the following month. For example, looking at the Winter of 2012 you would note 4 anime starting or airing in December, and one starting in February, but January having the vast majority. The peak months for each season's premieres are January, April, July, and October.

It is unusual for CR to get any of the early or late premiering anime for any season.

29121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/17/11
Thank you again for the information. Love how friendly this community is to one another. =)
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.