Remove this ad
First  Prev  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  Next  Last
Does the military interest you?
7147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / 中国
Offline
Posted 11/27/07
For anyone who has been, is in, or there is a high probability of eventually being in the military, feel free to join this group:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/group/Military_Veterans_of_Crunchyroll
Detailed information is available on the main page.
934 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 11/27/07
no i dont find shooting guns fun
ive done it lotz of times and i hate it
475 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Boston
Offline
Posted 11/27/07
I remember one day, while I was waiting for the train to go home from work, an Army recruiter approached me. He was in his camo, so it was a dead giveaway as to why he started talking to me. He asked me what I was doing with my life and what I wanted to be. I told him I didn't know (at the time I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life). He then asked if I had ever thought about joining the Army, I said hell no. Then he pretty much went on his merry way, talking to other people.

The things that people in the army see and experience, are not something I want for myself. I don't need to see my fellow countrymen getting limbs blown off and dying. I don't want to kill people. A large amount of the people that manage to survive wars, are no longer the same people. Flashbacks, paranoia... No thanks.

I am, however, grateful to those who sacrifice their lives for everyone else. Unfortunately, I don't love this country enough to sacrifice what they do.

Edit: I also abhor how they try to glorify war and the army the way they do in the commercials for it. They try to make it out to be like a really cool video game, except it's real life! You don't get to respawn. You die, it's over.
35643 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 11/27/07
I love shooting things
8138 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 11/27/07

Shade45 wrote:

Better yet...I wanna become what "Jason Bourne" is...a lone wolf type.


I plan to become one of those after retirement
C.I.A paramilitary
2931 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Abu Dhabi!u.A.E
Offline
Posted 11/27/07
nah..not that interested..couldn't be bothered..but if needed..why not!
22 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / toronto
Offline
Posted 11/27/07
NO
7147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / 中国
Offline
Posted 11/27/07

Evadne wrote:

I remember one day, while I was waiting for the train to go home from work, an Army recruiter approached me. He was in his camo, so it was a dead giveaway as to why he started talking to me. He asked me what I was doing with my life and what I wanted to be. I told him I didn't know (at the time I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life). He then asked if I had ever thought about joining the Army, I said hell no. Then he pretty much went on his merry way, talking to other people.

The things that people in the army see and experience, are not something I want for myself. I don't need to see my fellow countrymen getting limbs blown off and dying. I don't want to kill people. A large amount of the people that manage to survive wars, are no longer the same people. Flashbacks, paranoia... No thanks.

I am, however, grateful to those who sacrifice their lives for everyone else. Unfortunately, I don't love this country enough to sacrifice what they do.

Edit: I also abhor how they try to glorify war and the army the way they do in the commercials for it. They try to make it out to be like a really cool video game, except it's real life! You don't get to respawn. You die, it's over.


Speaking of horrific military experiences, I remember some tragic ones that still haunt me.

One time while en route during a deployment, I ended up staying in a 4 star beach front hotel on a Mediterranean island. My room overlooked the ocean. The most horrific part was the continental breakfast I had while watching the sun rise the following morning...

On another occasion I had the rotten luck of being put up in a casino during my temporary duty assignment to Las Vegas. The casino had seven bars that were open 24/7, and you could usually weasel your way into free drinks far the random waitresses that wandered the casino floor.

Then there was my lengthy tortuous trip to okinawa, japan courtesy of good ol' Kim Jong. Three months on a tropical japanese island! Oh god, just let the horrors of war stop!

Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night screaming to this very day.
14052 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F
Offline
Posted 11/27/07
I used to always want to be a military nurse but had a few coworkers enlist and they were shipped out to a MASH unit and I was like never mind. I have relatives in the military and have met numerous of there buddies. All I can say is I love a military man
On a serious note I think the ppl who join are brave and I thank everyone of them because they are defending are country. They may not be out in combat but they can be sent anywhere, anytime at a drop of a dime. If thats what you pick for your life then good luck.
10432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Kingston, Jamaica
Offline
Posted 11/27/07
LIKE HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
475 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Boston
Offline
Posted 11/27/07

azrael910 wrote:


Evadne wrote:

I remember one day, while I was waiting for the train to go home from work, an Army recruiter approached me. He was in his camo, so it was a dead giveaway as to why he started talking to me. He asked me what I was doing with my life and what I wanted to be. I told him I didn't know (at the time I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life). He then asked if I had ever thought about joining the Army, I said hell no. Then he pretty much went on his merry way, talking to other people.

The things that people in the army see and experience, are not something I want for myself. I don't need to see my fellow countrymen getting limbs blown off and dying. I don't want to kill people. A large amount of the people that manage to survive wars, are no longer the same people. Flashbacks, paranoia... No thanks.

I am, however, grateful to those who sacrifice their lives for everyone else. Unfortunately, I don't love this country enough to sacrifice what they do.

Edit: I also abhor how they try to glorify war and the army the way they do in the commercials for it. They try to make it out to be like a really cool video game, except it's real life! You don't get to respawn. You die, it's over.


Speaking of horrific military experiences, I remember some tragic ones that still haunt me.

One time while en route during a deployment, I ended up staying in a 4 star beach front hotel on a Mediterranean island. My room overlooked the ocean. The most horrific part was the continental breakfast I had while watching the sun rise the following morning...

On another occasion I had the rotten luck of being put up in a casino during my temporary duty assignment to Las Vegas. The casino had seven bars that were open 24/7, and you could usually weasel your way into free drinks far the random waitresses that wandered the casino floor.

Then there was my lengthy tortuous trip to okinawa, japan courtesy of good ol' Kim Jong. Three months on a tropical japanese island! Oh god, just let the horrors of war stop!

Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night screaming to this very day.


Sure there are many soldiers who get stationed in random, and for the most part, safe places. But the fact remains that when wars are being fought, bloodshed is inevitable. Not everyone can be so lucky as to be put on assignment in Vegas Casinos. People ARE dying. Enlist in the armed forces, and you'll (as in the general "you") be first to go if and/or when the need arises. It's not all lolipops and ice cream.
1379 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Rowlett, texas
Offline
Posted 11/27/07
ide joinif it weren't forthe part where my family forbids me but getting Paid
to Destroy Things is fun
Posted 11/27/07
no
23627 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / [???????????????]
Offline
Posted 11/27/07
Uh...hell no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / 中国
Offline
Posted 11/27/07

Evadne wrote:

Sure there are many soldiers who get stationed in random, and for the most part, safe places. But the fact remains that when wars are being fought, bloodshed is inevitable. Not everyone can be so lucky as to be put on assignment in Vegas Casinos. People ARE dying. Enlist in the armed forces, and you'll (as in the general "you") be first to go if and/or when the need arises. It's not all lolipops and ice cream.


You're a moron who didn't even get the point of my post.
First  Prev  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.