First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Who can Help build a Computer?
Posted 12/25/11 , edited 12/25/11
Let's consult the magic conch..... I mean Google

Well since it's not getting power, then the power source might not be connected right.... Double check the assembly to see if you did some wrong, re-solder, or you might want to test out the the stuff that you got cuz u never know if it's faulty or broken
36018 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Netherlands
Offline
Posted 12/25/11
I am not sure what motherboard model you have but alot of new motherboards have a intergrated powerswitch now a days.
You could try clicking on that.

If that does not work you can turn it on by screwdriver by connecting the 2 pins "PW_ON" with the screwdriver.


On every motherboard it looks different but I found a picture that describes what I mean.
Make sure that everything is connected properly else it will not turn on at all!
(This could be your problem)

Second you can try plugging in a different Power Supply, it does happen they come out of the factory damaged.

And if this does not work try removing hardware pieces one by 1 like your videocard then try to boot it, if thats not the problem your harddrive, go on go on. It will eventualy turn on and give you "Beeps" unless the motherboard is fried.


Banned
12724 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 12/26/11

underlock wrote:

are you blond?


Blonde*
Posted 12/26/11

o3oBuddha wrote:


underlock wrote:

are you blond?


Blonde*


Haha, I'd rather not point out mistakes on the interwebz.
Banned
12724 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 12/26/11 , edited 12/26/11

underlock wrote:


o3oBuddha wrote:


underlock wrote:

are you blond?


Blonde*


Haha, I'd rather not point out mistakes on the interwebz.


Neither would I, but how will you learn?
Posted 12/26/11


I'd do this:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/blond

How about you?
Banned
12724 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 12/26/11

underlock wrote:



I'd do this:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/blond

How about you?


Posted 12/26/11
ME NO LAK TCHKNOWLEDGEY
7534 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Studying at home.
Offline
Posted 12/26/11
I can help break a computer o.o
33131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 12/26/11

Your_Trust113 wrote:

I can help break a computer o.o


*gives you a wrench*
7534 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Studying at home.
Offline
Posted 12/26/11

JoeSurf wrote:


Your_Trust113 wrote:

I can help break a computer o.o


*gives you a wrench*


Hahaha i can break a computer just by touching it. I repell technology. o.o
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 12/26/11 , edited 12/26/11

ampcloud9 wrote:


wolfsaiga wrote:

as stated, switch on psu, plugged in, check everything to see if they are good to go. does the psu run when you turn it on? if not check the power button switch it could be broken or any of the parts.

is the psu even working.

do you know whats running or not?

double check all of the plugs.


well i have everything plugged in together. the green light on my motherboard is lit showing its getting power. the one thing not being used on the motherboard is a four prong slot/outlet near the pocessors motherboard and heat sync fan BUT my Power Supply doesnt have a four prong inlet....... would that maybe the problem because my old motherboard and power supply has that exact 4 prong inlet + outlet being used.


The 4 pin socket on the motherboard needs to be plugged in, your Power supply (i looked it up) has an 8 pin plug, so you could probably just get an adapter for it



also its highly likely that your graphics card needs external power which will probably come in the form of a 6 pin socket on the graphics card, some graphics cards have 2x 6 pin sockets so if it does you should plug both in.

33131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 12/26/11


I appreciate your work, good sir.
65020 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Glendale
Offline
Posted 12/26/11 , edited 12/26/11
getting an adapter for the cpu power is not necessary, if you look closely at the 8 pin connector on your powersupply (it should say CPU on it), you can split it in half. its actually 2x 4 pin connectors with a clip in between. look how the pins are shaped and compare them to the socket on the motherboard, then plug in a 4 pin connector so it fits.

the pins are shaped in such a way that it will not allow you to plug them in wrong, if it doesn't go in easily with a click at the end, double check

also your power supply has 1x 6 pin power connector for the graphics card and 1x 6+2 pin, it doesn't matter which one you use

again, the pins wont let you plug in the connector wrong, don't force it
3389 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Queens / New York
Offline
Posted 12/27/11

Allhailodin wrote:


ampcloud9 wrote:


wolfsaiga wrote:

as stated, switch on psu, plugged in, check everything to see if they are good to go. does the psu run when you turn it on? if not check the power button switch it could be broken or any of the parts.

is the psu even working.

do you know whats running or not?

double check all of the plugs.


well i have everything plugged in together. the green light on my motherboard is lit showing its getting power. the one thing not being used on the motherboard is a four prong slot/outlet near the pocessors motherboard and heat sync fan BUT my Power Supply doesnt have a four prong inlet....... would that maybe the problem because my old motherboard and power supply has that exact 4 prong inlet + outlet being used.


The 4 pin socket on the motherboard needs to be plugged in, your Power supply (i looked it up) has an 8 pin plug, so you could probably just get an adapter for it



also its highly likely that your graphics card needs external power which will probably come in the form of a 6 pin socket on the graphics card, some graphics cards have 2x 6 pin sockets so if it does you should plug both in.




Well the big 16 pin socket is already used on it can separate to a 4 pin socket could i possibly use that? (16 pin = the large power socket needed for the motherboard near the adapter for the HDD)

i already am using a 6 pin PCI socket for my graphics card already and it comes with an extra PCI cord (if i have 2 GFX cards)
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.