First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
Post Reply What anime do you consider wrong?
31360 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Where you are.
Offline
Posted 1/15/13
Im not a huge fan of Yaoi, so I find it a bit odd.
33648 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Delaware, U.S.
Offline
Posted 1/15/13

TheAncientOne wrote:


The_Libertarian_Otaku wrote:

Dance in the Vampire Bund.

Only within the past 10 years did we finally get past the notion that all anime is violent tentacle rape porn. We don't need a pedo stain on our fan community!

I have to wonder if you bothered watching the series beyond the first episode.

As for any perception in the past that "all anime is violent tentacle rape porn", that opinion would have only been held by people that are prone to making snap judgements about anything they are not familiar with. The only thing that would have changed in the intervening period is they have become more familiar with it.



I watched the first two episodes. The loli fanservice was too disgusting to watch.
1322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / The Abyss of Time
Offline
Posted 1/15/13

There's a reason Mina looks like she does which is in the story hence why its not a good thing to rush to judgement.
33648 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Delaware, U.S.
Offline
Posted 1/15/13
It still looked too creepy to me. Lolicon = disgusting.

I'd rather we anime marks not get slapped with a pedophile stain. What the hell was FUNimation thinking getting this loli trash?
46297 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 1/15/13 , edited 1/15/13

The_Libertarian_Otaku wrote:

It still looked too creepy to me. Lolicon = disgusting.

I'd rather we anime marks not get slapped with a pedophile stain. What the hell was FUNimation thinking getting this loli trash?


You seem to think all things with lolis in them are trash and disgusting and pedophilia when that's not the case. Funimation thinks it'll generate sales which it does and plus they're easy licenses to obtain. Of course, they have more shows than just those types. Regarding Dance in the Vampire Bund - you shouldn't drop something just because it has something you dislike in it. You didn't even get past the first two episodes, that's just sad. It doesn't have the best story but it has a better one than most of the loli trash you are probably referring to.
25972 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Online
Posted 1/15/13
so.. this thread is pretty much about culture shock, I take it.
46297 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 1/15/13

aidenraine wrote:

so.. this thread is pretty much about culture shock, I take it.


I would say so, yes.
25369 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / West-Central Florida
Offline
Posted 1/15/13 , edited 1/15/13
I watched Dance in the Vampire Bund back in February 2012. I thought it was fine. Other than the fact that it kinda sucked.

Anyways, an anime that I consider "wrong"... I'll go with Kanokon here.
46297 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 1/15/13

mwhitco91 wrote:

I watched Dance in the Vampire Bund back in February 2012. I thought it was fine. Other than the fact that it kinda sucked.

Anyways, an anime that I consider "wrong"... I'll go with Kanokon here.


He should have just slept with her. He had multiple opportunities. I was disappointed.
25369 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / West-Central Florida
Offline
Posted 1/15/13 , edited 1/15/13

Shrapnel893 wrote:


mwhitco91 wrote:

I watched Dance in the Vampire Bund back in February 2012. I thought it was fine. Other than the fact that it kinda sucked.

Anyways, an anime that I consider "wrong"... I'll go with Kanokon here.


He should have just slept with her. He had multiple opportunities. I was disappointed.


He didn't want to. You'd think that people would respect that. The anime was like...a gender-role-swapped-lolicon harem. It really failed. It was just a bad anime. Not as bad as Demon King Daimao or Magikano in my opinion, but it was godawful.

I hate Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei, too, but I can't use that as a comparison because it's plotless. (I clearly just put this sentence here for the sake of mentioning how much I hate Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei and for no other reason at all.)

Edit: Now, I know that most harems involve similar concepts, but the mixture of the type of harem plus how plain downright awful the anime's story was just gives it a worse feeling than all the other ones.
46297 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 1/15/13

mwhitco91 wrote:


Shrapnel893 wrote:


mwhitco91 wrote:

I watched Dance in the Vampire Bund back in February 2012. I thought it was fine. Other than the fact that it kinda sucked.

Anyways, an anime that I consider "wrong"... I'll go with Kanokon here.


He should have just slept with her. He had multiple opportunities. I was disappointed.


He didn't want to. You'd think that people would respect that. The anime was like...a gender-role-swapped-lolicon harem. It really failed. It was just a bad anime. Not as bad as Demon King Daimao or Magikano in my opinion, but it was godawful.

I hate Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei, too, but I can't use that as a comparison because it's plotless. (I clearly just put this sentence here for the sake of mentioning how much I hate Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei and for no other reason at all.)

Edit: Now, I know that most harems involve similar concepts, but the mixture of the type of harem plus how plain downright awful the anime's story was just gives it a worse feeling that all the other ones.


I understand, I was only joking. Though I know you can't really detect that on the internet. Wait, in the edit, are you talking about Sayonara or Kanokon or both? They both aren't plot-less or they wouldn't exist. That's a dumb statement to make, no offense.
25369 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / West-Central Florida
Offline
Posted 1/15/13 , edited 1/15/13

Shrapnel893 wrote:


mwhitco91 wrote:

He didn't want to. You'd think that people would respect that. The anime was like...a gender-role-swapped-lolicon harem. It really failed. It was just a bad anime. Not as bad as Demon King Daimao or Magikano in my opinion, but it was godawful.

I hate Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei, too, but I can't use that as a comparison because it's plotless. (I clearly just put this sentence here for the sake of mentioning how much I hate Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei and for no other reason at all.)

Edit: Now, I know that most harems involve similar concepts, but the mixture of the type of harem plus how plain downright awful the anime's story was just gives it a worse feeling that all the other ones.


I understand, I was only joking. Though I know you can't really detect that on the internet. Wait, in the edit, are you talking about Sayonara or Kanokon or both? They both aren't plot-less or they wouldn't exist. That's a dumb statement to make, no offense.


Oh, dude, no worries, when I said "you'd think people would respect that." I was talking about that desperate chick who was all over him in Kanokon, not you. And I was talking about Kanokon in the edit. xP But y'know what, I guess in some aspects, I guess you could say both. o-o
24277 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
57
Offline
Posted 1/15/13
Ok, I'm going with "I'm in love with my younger sister" the really wrong part was they tried to emphasize that it was a story about true love. I also have to say that most everything else mentioned are among my favorites. Sorry I kinda like the darker stuff, I highly recomend "Another" I think it makes Elfen Lied look like a comedy. Besides you all know your gonna go watch this stuff now, it is indeed a car wreck everyone slows down to look. As they say in the song, "who decides which is right and which is an illusion"
46297 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 1/15/13

Bluesdad145 wrote:

Ok, I'm going with "I'm in love with my younger sister" the really wrong part was they tried to emphasize that it was a story about true love. I also have to say that most everything else mentioned are among my favorites. Sorry I kinda like the darker stuff, I highly recomend "Another" I think it makes Elfen Lied look like a comedy. Besides you all know your gonna go watch this stuff now, it is indeed a car wreck everyone slows down to look. As they say in the song, "who decides which is right and which is an illusion"


Texhnolyze makes both of those shows look like comedies.
20042 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 1/15/13
Mirai Nikki.

I know what the show is about. I know how it ends. I've seen some scenes of it on Youtube. The second OP is pretty cool, too.

But in the end, the show seems so pointless. Basically, a group of people (each of which is either crazy, depressed, has some kind of social problem, had a messed up past, or a combination of these) fight for the chance to have ultimate power. After reading a short synopsis of the plot, I thought, "This is NOT going to end well." And guess what? It ended worse than I expected!

I haven't read the manga or watched the anime fully, so my decision is biased. I guess what I'm trying to say is: This show is practically the complete opposite of "my cup of tea."

P.S.: It has a good soundtrack, though.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.