• Don't know what to watch? Try a random show!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
Post Reply Does anyone write stories?
400 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 11/3/13
I hate myself for just letting it stay in my head instead of writing it down on a notebook or a notepad/wordpad in PC or a softcopy document....my gamer impulse is greater than my writer impulse. :P

I don't worry about it rotting in my head, the basic concept is still there, what rots are the bits and pieces that turn it into a complete story. Either there's not enough time, not enough of me or just me being stupid for not allotting time for it.
630 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
bedroom
Offline
Posted 11/6/13


SparkieBunnie wrote:

Oh, thank you. I try to do that.. but then I catch myself trying to fix as I go along and I just want to hit myself haha.

I have to stop being such a perfectionist sigh.

^I fee youuuuu!!! I am also suffering from that same perfectionist situation.


But this is a really good tip.

belathor_nalaar wrote:


SparkieBunnie wrote:

It's all in my head, but I'm having problems putting it onto paper, unfortunately. Any tips? I have the 1st book done, but it's rather short. Book 2 will be longer, but I don't want to write TOO much into it.


Basically jot everything that comes to your mind first, don't worry about errors. after the entire story is written out, then go back and edit as you see fit. :)

I like to go for the "story vomit" then clean it up way of doing things. Because If i try to piece it together first...nothing gets finished.


48398 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35
Offline
Posted 11/10/13
I've written novels for the last 16 years. I've also got an eBook published called Teach Yourself Game Programming for Android and Windows which is selling reasonably well on Amazon Kindle.

I'm aiming to get my first children fiction novel published late this year or early next.

Writing and Manga go hand in hand, the only difference is you express images with a few words. Rather than images with words.
7981 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Southeast Asia
Offline
Posted 11/10/13
sometimes i do in the past : ) but its all about zombie Apocalypse ^ ^
25 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 11/17/13
well, I'm so happy that there are people that you guys that appreciate others people works... by the way, I already finished my first book.. it's about online game.. here's some description..

The world finally enters the new era of gaming. With Syder (synapse reader) implemented on the system, Rebirth Online is be the first VRMMORPG (Virtual Reality Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) in the world. The pre-order sales have gone through 500,000 units and reach 1,000,000 subscribers after three months. Hikaru, login to the game for the first time, but it seems that it exceeded his expectation.
here's the download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/3d1ya6xlq42l3wu/Rebirth_Online_-_A_New_Beginning.pdf

I'll really appreciate you guys if you read it and give me a comment... thank you...
677 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Outer space.
Offline
Posted 12/11/13
sometimes .. but i never finish it. It just lay there?
118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Hurst, Texas
Offline
Posted 12/12/13
Yep, infact i write an entire series with side stories and everything. It think it's just moving with a goal in mind and set everything out as books. Probably why i have been able to do it and work towards completing it. So far i have around 22 chapters in the main story, and probably 8 side stories that are connected to that one main story....Thankfully i told myself to chill on the side stories to focus on my main one. So much to do haha
29 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 12/12/13
That's cool, I have a similar idea, with the monster hunters; Called Monster Hunters of Ode- based on a fantasy world where there's normal group of people hunting magic creatures/ monsters
Skreig 
33994 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ad Infinitum
Offline
Posted 12/14/13

Grantor wrote:

That's cool, I have a similar idea, with the monster hunters; Called Monster Hunters of Ode- based on a fantasy world where there's normal group of people hunting magic creatures/ monsters

That is the single greatest idea ever! Sir, I will donate my entire $37 estate to help you achieve that dream.
You know what else? sliced bread!. BAM! we're on a roll today



Ok. that was fun. Say!, if a guy was to write a short story, based off the 3rd most messed up dreams he's ever had, where would he post it for people to read? Obviously not on the forum, it's not really relevant to anime, but all too relevant to writing (well.. duh)
29 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 12/14/13
Thanks for the support I only have one villain so far. And I want her too be extremely realistic with her misdeeds and she is fantastic (fantasy-like) character because she is a book in human form- sounds silly ik but like a book her powers isn't just force,but its her knowledge between the pages
118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Hurst, Texas
Offline
Posted 12/18/13

Grantor wrote:

Thanks for the support I only have one villain so far. And I want her too be extremely realistic with her misdeeds and she is fantastic (fantasy-like) character because she is a book in human form- sounds silly ik but like a book her powers isn't just force,but its her knowledge between the pages


Hmm, well suggestion though this is off topic. Look up realistic events. Don't be restrtictive on them as a person or book in this case. Can easily do anything. If it's in a fantasy setting you should probably (and already probably know) that you should incorporate the two together. Just a light suggestion. Remember, that it's realistic to your world. Not just ours =D

Best of luck~
1921 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / New Orleans
Offline
Posted 12/18/13
I used to write, but I quit. Everything I write turns out so sad, and I hate it. I get attached to my characters and then bad things happen and it makes me and people who read it sad. I wish I could write comedy or something.
29 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 12/18/13

AwesomeFantastic wrote:

I used to write, but I quit. Everything I write turns out so sad, and I hate it. I get attached to my characters and then bad things happen and it makes me and people who read it sad. I wish I could write comedy or something.

---to the writer who wants to write about a comedy...you can do I have faith in you...that probably doesn't seem much coming from a stranger to you but as long as you put your mind to it. It can be done---good luck



29 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 12/18/13

Darksword66 wrote:


Grantor wrote:

Thanks for the support I only have one villain so far. And I want her too be extremely realistic with her misdeeds and she is fantastic (fantasy-like) character because she is a book in human form- sounds silly ik but like a book her powers isn't just force,but its her knowledge between the pages


Hmm, well suggestion though this is off topic. Look up realistic events. Don't be restrtictive on them as a person or book in this case. Can easily do anything. If it's in a fantasy setting you should probably (and already probably know) that you should incorporate the two together. Just a light suggestion. Remember, that it's realistic to your world. Not just ours =D

Best of luck~


SUGGESTIONS ARE ALWAYS ENCOURAGED!! I've accounted that my idea need a 50/50 of reality and fantasy- I mean writer usually have the basic concept down like fate/zero and song of ice and fire, it mostly about execution of the idea, thnx for the input
2302 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / The heart of Linc...
Offline
Posted 12/19/13
Currently writing a new story combining various ideas I abandoned, felt they were not right for that story. Thus I have a world filled with heros, bumbling baddies, super villains, terrifying monsters & a monumental plot twist.

The idea came to me in a dream, which was pretty much a music video from start to finish. Rules of Nature, the song. The setting, a city being destroyed by giant spider like tunnelling beasts, only for them to be devoured by even bigger monsters, mechanical serpents. The hero, eaten along with the spiders, escapes death leaping out of the serpent's mouth only to use the momentum to race down its throat, tearing it apart.

The hero's partner, a mech suit pilot follows in, setting off explosions to rip the serpent apart. Pretty amazed at the detail that was in the dream.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.